PDA

View Full Version : Cubs fan who caught foul ball

monkeyfist
Oct 16, 2003, 10:01 PM
Everybody needs to lighten up on this guy. He was watching a baseball come right at him at game 6 of a LCS. do you think he's gonna take his eye off the ball? NO!! nobody would. Now he's getting death threats and the power to his house has been cut off.

To fans who say he cost the cubs the series, you're wrong. Here's why:
-Cubs has 3 chances to win the LCS. they blew all three (game 5,6, and 7)
-that would have been out #2. not 3
-Cubs pitching gave up 8 runs in 2 outs. not the fan
-nobody knew Alou could jump higher than jordan
-everybody within a 20 foot radius of him were diving for the ball

just lay off the kid, yeah?

Dime
Oct 16, 2003, 10:23 PM
Leave him alone, it wasn't his fault.

NKOTB
Oct 16, 2003, 10:50 PM
It wasn't a kid, it was a 30 year old dork with a 1987 Walkman.

That being said, you can't blame him for the Cubs not winning, but I still say kill him anyway. It will make the fans feel better.

Reenee
Oct 16, 2003, 11:42 PM
He wasn't the only one reaching for the ball...

Blind fools.

Dime
Oct 17, 2003, 12:01 AM
On 2003-10-16 20:50, NKOTB wrote:
It wasn't a kid, it was a 30 year old dork with a 1987 Walkman.

That being said, you can't blame him for the Cubs not winning, but I still say kill him anyway. It will make the fans feel better.

Hopefully, someone will kill you too. Would make ME feel better.

Solstis
Oct 17, 2003, 12:25 AM
ouch.

monkeyfist
Oct 17, 2003, 06:37 AM
zing!!!

wrong place at wrong time. sheesh. cubs fans are idiots.

pixelate
Oct 17, 2003, 02:03 PM
Going after foul balls at baseball games is pretty much instinct.

Zaneatron
Oct 17, 2003, 02:43 PM
i must admit that i dont care about baseball, or go out of my way to watch it, or even like it, me being english. but from what ive heard, why is some guy being blamed for destroying the "cub's" chances of winning whatever. ffs he caught a ball what difference does it make? how could him catching that ball make any difference on the game at all, couldnt they get a new ball, or was it a special, magical, wonderous ball that would lead the cubs to glory. comon couldnt they get another?
please enlighten me

monkeyfist
Oct 17, 2003, 03:23 PM
game 6 never would have had to happen if the cubs won game 5. and wood blew game 7. so there cubbies. you turned wrigley into the not-so-friendly confines.

PABLOparavida
Oct 17, 2003, 03:30 PM
On 2003-10-17 13:23, monkeyfist wrote:
game 6 never would have had to happen if the cubs won game 5. and wood blew game 7. so there cubbies. you turned wrigley into the not-so-friendly confines.

Guess how far the Sox made it?

PABLOparavida
Oct 17, 2003, 03:31 PM
I just want to make another thing clear he's not a kid.

Inu_Ranma
Oct 17, 2003, 04:47 PM
I think it was pretty messed up for ABC and the newspapers to release his name, working place, and address. I think, personally, that that's accessory before.

AUTO_
Oct 17, 2003, 04:58 PM
On 2003-10-16 20:01, monkeyfist wrote:
Now he's getting death threats and the power to his house has been cut off.

It was you, wasn't it?
*Grabs blunt object*

I wanted the cubs and red sox to meet each other in the series--ended up getting the raw deal on both sides there.

Now that we're talking hate in baseball, I'd like to add:

I hate Derek Jeter

I hate Derek Jeter

I REALLY hate Derek Jeter

ABDUR101
Oct 17, 2003, 05:35 PM
I don't care about baseball, or any sports, but what the hell. Practically every scene you ever see with a foul ball coming towards the crowd has a ton of people reaching and leaping for it, I always thought that was one of the perks, you'd get to take something like that home if you were so fortunate out of all of those people.

It doesn't matter if he was 5, 30, or 80, so what? I don't care about sports, but I'd sure as hell have been leaping for it too. Just to have something like that. Yeah, it's just a ball, but something like that doesn't happen to everyone.

Real cool with how they released all his personal information, real nice. And it sounds abit illegal that his power was cut off. Thats harsh.

monkeyfist
Oct 17, 2003, 06:06 PM
On 2003-10-17 13:30, PABLOparavida wrote:

On 2003-10-17 13:23, monkeyfist wrote:

Guess how far the Sox made it?

typical cubs fan

"we were bad, but we're better than the sox"
instead of trying to bash the sox, why don't you cheer for your team?

Actual T-shirt:
3 greatest disasters in Chicago History
The fire, *something else*, and the Sox

pathetic.

PABLOparavida
Oct 17, 2003, 06:15 PM
actually thats great. Guess what its the off season now so you can't cheer for your team.

monkeyfist
Oct 17, 2003, 06:18 PM
On 2003-10-17 16:06, monkeyfist wrote:
pathetic.

and i said it for a reason. you make cubs fans look bad.

ginko990
Oct 17, 2003, 06:19 PM
I'm no avid baseball watcher, but It sounds like everyone goes for a ball if they have a chance of catching it. Leave the guy alone.

StrongBad
Oct 18, 2003, 01:04 AM
It was a foul ball anyways. It didn't actually hurt the Cubs in anyway in the game that he caught the ball. I doubt Moises Alou would even catch the ball, it was like 15 feet high and his glove was like a foot under the ball.

eXo
Oct 18, 2003, 06:00 AM
Heh i really dont care for vaseball but, i personally feel that the guy is kinda lucky,someone could have volunteered there services to kill him like that guy in the Kobe Bryant case *LMAO* give me a million now and 2 million after the job is done *LMAO* http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif