PDA

View Full Version : The life of a Force...

--Chaos--
Oct 17, 2003, 08:17 AM
Hi all im new to PSO http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif, and was wondering what type of Force to be (yes i love magic so have to be a force). Ive never played PSO before so i would prefer a Force that can deal out maximum punishment at lowest levels. Thanks for any replys

--Chaos--

p.s. Im playing PSO E1&2 GC version if that makes any difference.

Miller
Oct 17, 2003, 08:23 AM
FOnewearl

--Chaos--
Oct 17, 2003, 08:28 AM
On 2003-10-17 06:23, Miller wrote:
FOnewearl

Thanks, ill get on and make one right away. Cant w8 to start killing things http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.

What type of weapons and other items should i be looking for when considering equipting my Force for maximum damage?

Cheers,
--Chaos--

Miller
Oct 17, 2003, 08:32 AM
CLub of laconium, mace of adaman , hildebears cane , hildeblues cane , club of zumiran and any rare wand.

i really dont recomend being a FO as your fist char most people die alot and switch to a HU but if you must.....

anwserman
Oct 17, 2003, 09:49 AM
Yes, but be prepared to have a lot of damage delt to you before you can deal out to them.

My melee FOnewearl is learning that... erg. Its fun though!

KingMx
Oct 17, 2003, 10:25 AM
In ultimate for me a FOnewm seems to deal more damage because of its natural boost to all Normal and Hard Attack spells. So if its damage you want go with him. FOnewearl has the highest mst but only boost to simple spells.

Kent
Oct 17, 2003, 12:57 PM
FOnewms are good for dealing damage to hordes of enemies, or multi-part bosses, such as De Rol Le and Barba Ray, whereas FOnewearls have the advantage at single-part bosses such as Falz, Olga, and Vol Opt (2nd form), as well as doing high damage to single enemies and being able to Megid multiple enemies at once.

FOmars are based around being able to do good damage with both their techniques (Gi-level and Grants) and their weapon attacks, provided they use Shifta and Zalure for offense and Deband and Jellen for defense. FOmarls are also good for using their weapons to do the damage, but only excel in one attack technique, Grants, but have a large boost to its power. They also make the best support characters, because they have the doubled range on Resta, Anti, Shifta, and Deband.

4000th post!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kent on 2003-10-17 10:58 ]</font>

PaleKid15
Oct 17, 2003, 01:00 PM
Use a FOnewm. They are really good later in the game. The FOnewearl has penetrating Megid, but killing stuff is easier with Ra-series spells.

Shin-Volcano
Oct 17, 2003, 01:37 PM
[quote]Use a FOnewm. They are really good later in the game. The FOnewearl has penetrating Megid, but killing stuff is easier with Ra-series spells.

navci
Oct 17, 2003, 01:37 PM
I think for starter. FOmar is hard to raise so I would suggest you to avoid him until you gain a little more experience in the game. (he would rock when raise properly, but for a first character he is just tough). Go with any of the other three.

.... Well. With any type of FO you will have to be prepared for a looong loooong looong way before you start to feel good about yourself. =} I was starting to, but then I hit Ults, and it is like lvl 1 all over again. *laughs*

SpyroDi
Oct 17, 2003, 01:57 PM
My first FOrce was a FOmar,but I already had my first character(HUmar)at level 67 once I had started him. FOmars are the fighter class of the FOrces,however they get the lowest ATA of all other classes in the game.

starhealer
Oct 17, 2003, 02:08 PM
I began PSO with a FOnewearl and have never regretted my choice. She's all squiggly and cute and deals massive amounts of damage with her Megid and simple techs.

Posted: 2003-10-17 08:25, anwserman wrote:
In ultimate for me a FOnewm seems to deal more damage because of its natural boost to all Normal and Hard Attack spells. So if its damage you want go with him. FOnewearl has the highest mst but only boost to simple spells.

Correct me if I'm wrong (which is entirely possible), but don't FOnewms only get a boost to RA techs? I've never played one for a long enough time to know and I can honestly admit to not really paying attention when people mention his boosts. *shrugs*

navci
Oct 17, 2003, 02:14 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong (which is entirely possible), but don't FOnewms only get a boost to RA techs? I've never played one for a long enough time to know and I can honestly admit to not really paying attention when people mention his boosts. *shrugs*

I think it is both Gi and Ra.
... Everybody gets two boosts, it's only fair that he gets two too?

RicoRoyal
Oct 17, 2003, 02:27 PM
The answer is yes. FOnewms get boost to both GI and RA. Back to the topic at hand. If you insist on being a FO so much.... make it easy on yourself. Either get a FOnewearl or FOnewm. I would strongly avoid the other two as they are not meant for someone who has never played PSO before. Personally, I would go with the FOnewm for this "maximum punishment" you speak of. FOnewearl are great but you wont get "maximum punishment". You'll instead get "really really slow maximum punishment" killing one enemy at a time with your boost on simple techs. Up to you, just dont pick FOmar or FOmarl (for now).

vegeta000110
Oct 17, 2003, 03:07 PM
I recommend FOnewearl simply because 95% of the time your Gi and Ra techs will be worthless while (with Fonewearl anyway) simple techs will drop everything in 1-2 hits.

Duela_Night
Oct 17, 2003, 03:40 PM
You will want to go with FOnewearl, Her defense Is high and plus her MST skills boost her Ra and Gi attacks, and at the most as the game progresses she will become a star on the battle field

PABLOparavida
Oct 17, 2003, 04:02 PM
just w8 til u get to a high level. Than beastlyness comes.

Kupi
Oct 17, 2003, 04:13 PM
There are more multiple-part bosses than you'd think... any variant on the Dragon can be hit in most to all of its parts (depending upon the level of the Gizonde). Vol Opt stage two is also vulnerable to multiple hits, so Gizonde is a go there as well... so that means that the Dragon, De Rol Le, Vol Opt (both stages), Barba Ray, Gol Dragon, and Gal Griffon can all be hit for maximum damage with multitarget spells. Even though it looks like you're doing less damage, I've noticed a marked improvement in the time it takes to bring down a Dragon or Griffon when using Gizonde as opposed to the proper Simple Tech. That leaves, what, Falz and Olga? You can easily bring Laconiums, Adamans, and Zamiurans for those guys.

Even as early on as Normal Caves, the FOnewm does more damage. My legit, untwinked FOnewm was killing Evil Sharks instantly when he found a Gifoie lv1 disk around level 8. That might well go for any force, but I'm sure the boost to the spell helped.

I vote FOnewm!

Silly_Putty
Oct 17, 2003, 04:38 PM
Vol opt's second form is immune to tech amps.

K9
Oct 17, 2003, 05:13 PM
Well, i recomend the fonewn bcus he has the ability 2 stand still and slowy regain TP. AVOID FOMARS until u r more used 2 the game

Kratt_
Oct 17, 2003, 05:37 PM
if you are new i recomend you a HU the FO is the suprem charachter any character can defeat a Force hua hua hua hua... yes i´m a force and my power is ilimited all say Force=Magic but if you train your force can transformate in the most powerfull battlemachine how... me, i pass days feed my mag find grinders and finally i can create a force with much power atack my favorite weapons are the "inferno basuka, grass assasin saber, double saber, the Justicie, slicer of assasin(for pass the mines easy you can use a slicer is a really cool weapon), god hands, and mi great mag sato fo level 199 (200 no, i need a cell mag heart of angel and i need a level ha ha ha)"
weel we see

--Chaos--
Oct 17, 2003, 05:38 PM
I decided to go for a FOnewm, got to lvl 5 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. Considering Forces are the "advanced" player choice their not too hard! (compared to many other RPG's) although my low HP really sux, but thats the price i pay http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif.

--Chaos--

p.s. Thanks for all of the advice http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

joluh
Oct 17, 2003, 06:40 PM
On 2003-10-17 15:38, --Chaos-- wrote:
I decided to go for a FOnewm, got to lvl 5 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif. Considering Forces are the "advanced" player choice their not too hard! (compared to many other RPG's) although my low HP really sux, but thats the price i pay http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif.

--Chaos--

p.s. Thanks for all of the advice http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

YAY =D another FOnewm as main character =D ((does the happy dance)) Navi will be happy =)

Nai_Calus
Oct 17, 2003, 07:01 PM
Good choice. My first FO was a FOnewm, and I liked him. Very easy to use, just nuke everything in sight. ^_^ ...Then I killed him at L61 and made a RAmarl. >_> I'll make another FOnewm someday.

Ahh, the life of a Force... Eternally poor, struggling to make ends meet, and a tragic death at a young age from a horrible Fluid addiction. It's so sad... XD

navci
Oct 17, 2003, 07:43 PM
Ahh, the life of a Force... Eternally poor, struggling to make ends meet, and a tragic death at a young age from a horrible Fluid addiction. It's so sad... XD

Yes yess. I feel the pain. Last time I played with a new friend HUmar who dragged me to do Soul Blade on Ults, of course this is Mines in Ults its a death trap for my poor unprepared little FOnewm. So I react by tech tech and more tech. I finish Trifluids like they are ... erm, M&Ms. At the third visit to the shop for more fluids the HUmar said, "Dude, you abuse this stuff."

Yes. The tragic life of a FOnewm.
... But yay! =D Another FOnewm! Welcome to the world of eccentric-ness.

opaopajr
Oct 17, 2003, 11:06 PM
i vote for FOmarls or FOmars. They are deliciously hard. They encourage a mix of combat with magic, are a bit slower in battle animation than hunters and rangers, have low HP because they are forces, and have lower TP than the 'fluid addicts FOnewms and FOnewearls. A nice compromise to hanidcap all possible advantages. In fact i'd go FOmarl, so as not to get beneficial Gi-tech bonuses. This way you will learn how to play really well just to survive. Then if you play anything else you'd just remark how easy everything else is. =D

Also stick to wands, they are the most difficult weapon to use for melee combat. great learning experience.

And my useful advice for new players to forces: magic is your weapon, soften them up first before even attempting with your weapon.

Black000Moon
Oct 18, 2003, 11:21 AM
to raise the hp thats why they got hp materials in the game

joluh
Oct 18, 2003, 12:05 PM
It's goot to be... ADDICTED TO FLUIDS =D hehehe

ShadowFOrce
Oct 18, 2003, 12:36 PM
I recently started a FOmar, got him to level 30. He hasn't run into bery many problems yet except that his magic isn't exactly that good but i am trying.

HighElf9310
Oct 18, 2003, 02:36 PM
I say go FOnewm! I always compare the TP costs of different spells, so I can do more efficiently, and right now, my RaFoie is actually less TP than Foie..and does a little less damage though...but it looks sweet! 5 Rafoie is a lot better in a group than 20 regualar foies...

I am a FOnewm by the way...

--Chaos--
Oct 18, 2003, 02:47 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif Going good, killed the Dragon @ lvl 5 with ease (Handguns ROCK!). Thanks again for all of the advice, back to what Items i should use. I cant seem to find any of the items you have posted what other items are good for a level 6 FOnewm? Also is their more to the game than just walking round down on the planet? no quests? sub/mini games?

--Chaos--

Alighieri
Oct 18, 2003, 03:03 PM
You won`t get good items just at the beginning of the game. And your Luck isn`t beyond 10 yet I think. Good stuff comes with Luck increase. Just be patient an Lvl-up (and find Luck Materials^^). Training makes the champion.

Shadowfan7
Oct 18, 2003, 03:42 PM
There's quests in EPSI. Right at the beginning when you start a game, talk to the lady at the counter and there will be quests to choose from. Offline mode quests kinda progress the story.

Alighieri
Oct 18, 2003, 03:57 PM
You mean the counter at the Hunters Guild. Btw. She was there in ver 2.0 too^^

Kupi
Oct 18, 2003, 04:08 PM
The Luck stat (LCK) does NOT increase the odds of a rare dropping. LCK increases the odds of a Critical Hit, nothing more. For equipment, just look for the best Frame and Barrier that you can equip, and unequip your weapon. Male casters cast much, MUCH faster without a weapon. Oh, one more thing: keep your money in the bank at all times (besides, of course, when you're on a shopping trip). Death destroys all the Meseta in your inventory, and a beginning Force can't afford to lose a cent.

Alighieri
Oct 18, 2003, 04:13 PM
LCK does not affect rare dropings? How`s that possible? Maybe I`m pretty old news but I could give my arm for that (and I like my arm right there wheres it`s place). Critical hit affection? Well..maybe - I dinn`t see anything like "Critical chance" anywhere.

Bit
Oct 18, 2003, 05:59 PM
On 2003-10-18 14:13, Alighieri wrote:
LCK does not affect rare dropings? How`s that possible? Maybe I`m pretty old news but I could give my arm for that (and I like my arm right there wheres it`s place). Critical hit affection? Well..maybe - I dinn`t see anything like "Critical chance" anywhere.

Your just confused, Luck doesn't have anything to do with rares, as the above poster had said.

It's for Critical Hits, and that only.

End of story.