PDA

View Full Version : It coudln't work, but its fun to think about.

ilr2000
Oct 17, 2003, 01:44 PM
I had this crazy idea of how a legit community could actively play on the PSO servers and be mostly undisturbed. It would have to be an orginization like PSOW, where you sign up for it, and you can only access the page if your signed up. Everyone in this orginization would agree to make games with some sort of abbriviation at the beginng of the name.. like "W.Ruins + TFF", where 'W.' shows everyone else that the game is made by members from the orginization. ALL OF THESE GAMES WILL BE LOCKED, and a password (which changes every day/week/whatever) will be posted on the private website so that only members could access these games. If someone is an obvious cheater, or openly admits to it.. Zing! their access to the page is denied and when the pword changes they'll be SOL.

This keeps games protected from random idiots, while still retaining the community autmosphere, since anyone who belongs to this orginization can go into the 'W.' games. The big problem with this idea is that alot of people would have to agree to it and start actively playing like this in order for it to pick up momentum.

Hope that wasn't confusing..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ilr2000 on 2003-10-17 11:45 ]</font>

NodMan
Oct 17, 2003, 01:55 PM
I have been doing that.

ilr2000
Oct 17, 2003, 01:57 PM
Oh yeah? what's the website you go to? I didn't know one already existed... *doesnt feel clever anymore*

rena-ko
Oct 17, 2003, 01:59 PM
problem 1: how do you get in in the first place?

problem 2: so you'll have to get online (pc) before you go online (cube)?

problem 3: will be an elite of around... 10 gamers. you still could keep guildcards and email them the password..

well, i'm pretty happy with my online games.. i know tons of people who i can trust and it 'just' needed some time to get known to eachother and to prove that one plays honest.
the time that you'd invest into such a "clan" (i call it here like that, i'm aware it wasnt called clan in the first place but it resembles one) can as well be used to build up a ring of friends. the more the quicker it will grow. and soon you'll know all people worth playing with (not to mention you'll know those who're not worth to play with.)

so... nice idea, wouldnt work in my eyes, nonetheless have fun

ilr2000
Oct 17, 2003, 02:10 PM
Like I said, the only way for it to work would be if it happened on a huge scale. I dont want a clan of 20 or so friends, because I can do that now with just mailing peeps on my card list. I was talking more along the lines that so many people belonged to this orginization a sort of community feel was returned to the game.. where you can stroll into any game and meet new people you've never met before. Thats why I didnt really call it a clan, because I was thinking of 200 active users, and not 20.

But like I said right from the get go, it could never happen. I just wanted to post my idea just to get it off my chest.

Superguppie
Oct 18, 2003, 12:00 PM
On 2003-10-17 12:10, ilr2000 wrote:
Like I said, the only way for it to work would be if it happened on a huge scale. I dont want a clan of 20 or so friends, because I can do that now with just mailing peeps on my card list. I was talking more along the lines that so many people belonged to this orginization a sort of community feel was returned to the game.. where you can stroll into any game and meet new people you've never met before. Thats why I didnt really call it a clan, because I was thinking of 200 active users, and not 20.

But like I said right from the get go, it could never happen. I just wanted to post my idea just to get it off my chest.

I don't see why it couldn't happen. A group of friends that grows by members bringing friends in, so you can easily find the friends of friends. And that around a web-page, or even just by email is very well possible.
There is however one big problem. Teams may be closed with a password, lobbies can not. So all friends are still at risk of all the bad stuff that can be done there (not that much actualy, but still.) A lot of my game time is chatting in the lobby with (more than 3) friends...
And I also don't see why not to call it a clan. A clan CAN be bigger than 20 ppl, there's just not that many that are...

LollipopLolita
Oct 18, 2003, 01:34 PM
make a team in team center and use mass pm's?

bordering
Oct 18, 2003, 02:24 PM
there are lots of communities like that already. well... maybe not a lot. but a few. i'm part of one. we've got our own mb and a protocol for sharing stuff that drops so the person with the least time to play/least resources gets most of the items usually. the only thing is that you can't advertise it for obvious reasons... if you do you almost invariably get flooded with dupey lamers who want to ruin your fun. that happened to us a few times. heh.

yet another detrement of dupe. unestablished legit players get left out in the cold with the 300% bkb lamers, since most of the old guard play only with their freinds in locked games.