PDA

View Full Version : Who the Heck is that Fomar with White Clothes and long Hair?

Break
Oct 17, 2003, 03:10 PM
Theres like a Mission were theres this Fomar Dressed in White.

Who is He? what is his Role? I also Belive that Kireek returns on a Quest?

InFaMoUsFaTo
Oct 17, 2003, 03:14 PM
that is CAL...in the Seat of Heart quest

Break
Oct 17, 2003, 03:18 PM
CAL huh?

Hmm...

Does he has to do Something with CALUS and ELLY?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Break on 2003-10-17 13:20 ]</font>

Buuyon
Oct 17, 2003, 03:24 PM
yeah...hes calus...i think...

HUnewearl_Meira
Oct 17, 2003, 03:33 PM
CAL the FOmar is the lab AI's incarnation in the VR Simulator (later in the quest projected by other computer terminals and even Elly's navigational system on her arm).

For the record, the lab AI is a (mostly) reconstructed version of the CALUS AI that Elly backed up, and brought back from the Mines in the offline quest, Knowing One's Heart. The full name is still CALUS, but Elly calls him CAL for short.

It might also be noted that there is not one, but TWO CALs. It seems the AI has a multiple personality complex. One CAL is in love with Elly, and wants to be with her. The other one (who, from all appearances would be considered, "Evil CAL"), doesn't experience this love for Elly, and DOESN'T want to be with her in any physical sense. "Evil CAL" wants to stop "Good CAL" from using the Mother computer in the East Tower to create a real body, so he can be with Elly. Don't get him wrong though, "Evil CAL's" motivation for this is reasonable. But you'll have to play Seat of the Heart to find out what it is. Unless someone else posts it. I've given enough spoilers already.

Break
Oct 17, 2003, 03:42 PM
Thanks alot! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

thats cool, So thats how Calus looks like?

Buuyon
Oct 17, 2003, 03:44 PM
no thats what his father looks like....well duh thats what calus looks like....

Nai_Calus
Oct 17, 2003, 08:28 PM
On 2003-10-17 13:44, Buuyon wrote:
no thats what his father looks like....well duh thats what calus looks like....

Well, for all we know, it -is- what his father looked like, or something similar to it. That would make some variety of sense, considering that one wouldn't think a computer would choose to manifest as a Force. Then again, Cal is obviously crazy if he actually wants to be human, so who knows. >P People in love do strange things. ^_^;

Speaking of the 'evil' Calus, anyone care to note which skin tone they used for him? He's been mentioned as having red/purple eyes, which would be face #4, and presumably they used either the lighest or second lightest skin tone, but I've never come across a screenshot with him that showed his face, just the 'good' Calus, and the face paint patterns for that face change dependent on the skin tone used(I named the computers I use after the AIs in PSO, and the one I use most is named Calus, so I've been working a bit on drawing a wallpaper image, and I feel like putting the 'evil' one in there too, but I'm anal and like to get the details right)

PABLOparavida
Oct 17, 2003, 08:44 PM
I have a fomar with really long hair and wears pink. I just found him yesterday.

monkeyfist
Oct 17, 2003, 08:46 PM
you found him????

navci
Oct 17, 2003, 08:57 PM
Darn it. I need to play SoTH.

Argh. Question. For people who have played it, how much easier is it to play with Kireek instead of Elly? AND, is the story different when you play with Kireek instead of Elly? I need to decide if I wanna finish all offline quest again or not. =/

Break
Oct 17, 2003, 09:37 PM
One Question,

Didnt Kireek Turned all Psycho and Stuff on the Quest Black Paper?

Why is he Back on this Online Quest?

Is he a Goodguy again?

vegeta000110
Oct 17, 2003, 10:21 PM
I would assume he would be since you took his Soul Eater. What wep does he use in place of his Soul Eater in SoTH?

A2K
Oct 17, 2003, 10:51 PM
If you didn't tell Sue your name and went on to do the Kireek subplot then he simply won't appear in Seat of the Heart. Conversely if you did tell Sue your name and followed that plot, he (probably) doesn't go crazy and die leaving a Soul Eater behind, which is why he appears if you do all that in that scenario of SotH.

joluh
Oct 18, 2003, 01:53 AM
I wanna play online... offline forever... X_x' please, can someone tell us the story?!?! PLEASE?!?!?! Elly is one of my fave characters =D

PhoenixOfHate
Oct 18, 2003, 02:12 AM
Yeah.. I'll second that.. I am an offline char as well and would like to know what happens, mainly about Kireek and his new weapons but wouldn't mind know about the Elly and Cal's thing..

Nai_Calus
Oct 18, 2003, 02:19 AM
Conveniently enough, this very site happens to have scripts for both versions of the quest. >P

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=listarticles&secid=102

Someday I might actually be able to get online and actually play this thing. *sulk*