PDA

View Full Version : Mag: Dex, how high is high enough?

navci
Oct 18, 2003, 03:11 PM
This is my question. I have two Ratis here waiting to be raised till 200 (and god know how long it will take LOL). I am raising one for my HUcast, and one for FO meleeing purposes.

HUcast was using a Rukmin with 60 dex, and is just about to enter vHard. He isn't missing too often but is starting to. So I would like to raise him a Rati that would boost ata. What is a good dex level for him?

I have two FOs. The one on Ults isn't hitting things very well with a 90 Dex mag. So I am guessing I need more of that as well. So, question now being, how much higher do I have to raise the mag's dex? And, what is a good combination of stats for this meleeing FO Rati? The one on Ults is a FOnewm, so even without mind on the mag isn't a problem.

Just like advices. Thanks in advance!

Loser
Oct 18, 2003, 03:16 PM
Well, for your HUcast you might want to raise your dex up to about 105 or so. For your FO's I can't be too sure because I've never had a F0 who needed dex so you will have to wait for that question to be answered.

Soukosa
Oct 18, 2003, 03:23 PM
I tend to put DEX somewhere in the low 70's for my chars (HUs, RAs, and Melee FOs).

Ketchup345
Oct 18, 2003, 03:45 PM
On 2003-10-18 13:23, Sounomi wrote:
I tend to put DEX somewhere in the low 70's for my chars (HUs, RAs, and Melee FOs).

RAngers don't need that much DEX on their Mag IMO. They have naturally high ATA, and shouldn't need much on their mag, maybe at lower levels to equip better guns, but once you get into the 130s-140s (ATA) you don't really need that much since you can equip some of the better guns (giving you high ATA and ATP), and hit everything consistantly. Also, you can only have about 30-50 DEX on your mag at that level and be able to equip almost everything, and that allows for between 30-40 more levels of power that can be used to boost their low ATP.

But for a HUcast and you are missing a lot, gain a few levels, and add a few to DEX, if that doesn't work that good, add a bit more DEX to the MAG or equip a few God/Arms (easily found by Redria Pan-Arms or some IDs can pipe them). I'm not sure about melee FOrces though. Since the main melee FO's are FOmar and FOmarl, which have some of the lowest ATA in the game, I would add a lot at lower levels, like the HUcastl, possibly more.

Edit: Suggested Mag Stat Guides (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1030)
Use that, but you may want more DEX and try too keep DEF at 5.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ketchup345 on 2003-10-18 14:08 ]</font>

AUTO_
Oct 18, 2003, 04:10 PM
It's mostly personal preference how you want your stats--and I tend to like my DEX high on all of my characters.

From a statistical viewpoint, click me (http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1018).

Wood_Golem
Oct 18, 2003, 04:32 PM
Well personally i prefer the 5/145/50/0 mags simply cause i got 6 god arm's and that does it for ATA now if you don't have decent Arm units you may have to consider maybe a 70 dex mag just to be on the safe side.

Soukosa
Oct 18, 2003, 04:40 PM
On 2003-10-18 13:45, Ketchup345 wrote:
RAngers don't need that much DEX on their Mag IMO. They have naturally high ATA, and shouldn't need much on their mag, maybe at lower levels to equip better guns, but once you get into the 130s-140s (ATA) you don't really need that much since you can equip some of the better guns (giving you high ATA and ATP), and hit everything consistantly. Also, you can only have about 30-50 DEX on your mag at that level and be able to equip almost everything, and that allows for between 30-40 more levels of power that can be used to boost their low ATP.

I made a new mag for my RAcaseal and put 70 DEX on it and that was one of the best things I've ever did. Ever seems to think that RAs don't need additional DEX on their mags since they have naturally high ATA, but the thing is, they are have high ATA for a reason, it can take a lot of ATA to hit something from a distance, also some of the stronger weapons require a boat load of ATA to equip, and my RAcaseal still doesn't have enough ATA to equip some of them.

Ketchup345
Oct 19, 2003, 10:48 AM
On 2003-10-18 14:40, Sounomi wrote:
I made a new mag for my RAcaseal and put 70 DEX on it and that was one of the best things I've ever did. Ever seems to think that RAs don't need additional DEX on their mags since they have naturally high ATA, but the thing is, they are have high ATA for a reason, it can take a lot of ATA to hit something from a distance, also some of the stronger weapons require a boat load of ATA to equip, and my RAcaseal still doesn't have enough ATA to equip some of them.

At lower levels, it is good to have high amounts of DEX, but like I said, once you reach a point, you could easily be better off at making a mostly POW mag for a RAnger. My level 105 RAmarl with 42 DEX on the Mag can easily hit almost everything up until Ultimate Ruins (never ventured in there yet, so I wouldn't know how good their EVP is). I don't have much problems hitting with all 9 hits using 3 heavy attacks with mechguns. The only thing I can see having me add ATA on the Mag/make a DEX Mag for is to equip better guns, which I can't get any of right now (offline only, only IDs that are in Ultimate are Redria and Whitill).