Haves:

Gamecube
Broadband Adapter
Phantasy Star Online
Ethernet Cable

Please help me thank you!

Rich_T
Oct 19, 2003, 06:41 AM
your modem might be able to share the conection with the USB port, adn the ethernet port located on it.
you will need to look through the setting of the modem for clues on if it can do this.

if your not sure, try plugging the gamecube BBA into the modems ethernet port, using an ethernet lead, to see what happens when you try and go to the homepge in PSO.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rich_T on 2003-10-19 04:41 ]</font>

Ultima1
Oct 19, 2003, 08:49 AM
I dont know if that might work because when I was setting up my modem, I had a choice between Ethernet and USB... So thats where I might have a problem. Otherwise Ill need to be installing my modem as ethenet evry single time or i will need to buy an Ethernet card... Anyway thanks for you corncer!

Rich_T
Oct 19, 2003, 09:49 AM
looks like i can only output in one mode, if i was you, id stick to USB and get an ethernet card, there not expensive things.
you will need to connect using internet conection sharing on your p.c, there is a guide on how to do this for the X box Here (http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/live/start/connect/sharedpc/) its almost identicle to setting it up on a gamecube.
although you will need to have a crossover ethernet cable.

Ultima1
Oct 19, 2003, 09:02 PM
My friend uses PS2, and he got the same modem as me. So he just asai that plugging ethenet into modem and intot the PS2 will work for me. What do you think about that!

Ultima1
Oct 22, 2003, 07:35 PM
SO will it work?

gallaugher
Oct 23, 2003, 10:19 AM
Probably if you unplug the USB from the computer.

polishedweasel
Oct 23, 2003, 01:47 PM
Yeah....your modem can't share a connection using USB and Ethernet. You'll have to remove the USB from the modem....unplug the modem plug in your ethernet into the modem and gamecube...then plug in your modem again(this resets the IP) and then play PSO online...you have to have a hunter's liscense. That should work. If it doesn't, then you probably did something wrong.

Ultima1
Oct 24, 2003, 11:18 AM
OK... Im now worried about one thing, when i was installing my modem it let me pick whihc way i wanna intall it ethenet or usb. I intsalled usb and now im afraid that if i even unplug usb and put ethent to gc it wont supply any connection throught ethernet.

Ultima1
Oct 25, 2003, 09:56 AM
So can anyone helpo me!