PDA

View Full Version : More rares on JP Servers?

Sisqua
Apr 2, 2001, 07:03 AM
This is pure speculation, but I was playing in a team on my own on JP/Europa for the first time a few days back and the amount of rares I found was just weird.

I went into ruins and picked up 11 specials in the first 2 rooms. Then another 5 in the next room and had to go and empty at the shop. Then I came back and in the next room got about 3, then a load more in the next. I kinda lost track after that. I remember the numbers because after 2 minutes I thought - wow this must be my lucky day and stopped to count how many speshes I had picked up in that room and the next.

Seriously, there were about 3 special weapons for every normal item. Anyway - this led me to wonder, are the JP servers set to a higher percentage of finding rares than the other territories.

S.

zanza
Apr 3, 2001, 12:01 AM
I'VE HAD THE SAME EXPERIENCE IN THE JP SHIPS.
BUT IT WAS WITH A GROUP OF FRIENDS.
IT'S PROBABLY THE GROUP GAMES THAT MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
THE RARES I'VE FOUND ARE JUST THE COMMON ONES: VARISTA, DB'S, AND FLOWEN'S SWORD.

CASH
Apr 3, 2001, 12:49 AM
You just happened to be in the right place at the right time. It is nothing but luck. The only thing I can think of, is if you had an actual Japanese game, that might make alittle difference, but probably not much.