PDA

View Full Version : HOLY!****

FIERY
Oct 19, 2003, 03:31 PM
i was in forest 2 the other day... and all of a sudden i was attacked or should i say ambushed by this freakish monkey type-thing! i got reallly beat up, but managed to run away... O.o;

Alighieri
Oct 19, 2003, 03:41 PM
Well it was probably just a Hildebear^^ get used to his comapny

FIERY
Oct 19, 2003, 03:42 PM
but... it looks nothing like a bear... -.-;... and its creepy...

FIERY
Oct 19, 2003, 03:44 PM
oh yea, apologies to the mods for swearing... but i get really freeked out wen ambushed by an enemy...

Solstis
Oct 19, 2003, 03:46 PM
I was scared back on the DC when I first saw one too.
Lol.

Alighieri
Oct 19, 2003, 03:53 PM
yeah - at one time I was wondering myself - why the heck this big nasty ape is called "-bear" ...Maybe I still am.

BTW. "Hildeape" would sound funny too...nah - how this thing should be called?

Loser
Oct 19, 2003, 04:27 PM
On 2003-10-19 13:44, FIERY wrote:
oh yea, apologies to the mods for swearing... but i get really freeked out wen ambushed by an enemy...

When did you swear? I don't see any "curse words" :

Striker07
Oct 19, 2003, 04:49 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gifread the title.

Anyway, i got freaked out when i first saw Hidlebear on DC version as well. Had nightmares after that thing jumped on me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Soukosa
Oct 19, 2003, 04:57 PM
Hildetorr? I doubt that it was a Hildeblue since they look a lot like Hildebears.

Dragon_Knight
Oct 19, 2003, 04:57 PM
Yea I think we all had that happen to us, after all its huge compared to ANY character we can make. I was so scared of it when I first saw one I decided to level up enough to use guns before taking it on. After awhile though there not that scary. That is until one just happens to catch you off guard and drop on top of you.

Saiffy
Oct 19, 2003, 05:25 PM
hildebears and hildeblues and even hildelts aren't scary. Hildetorrs are http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

FIERY
Oct 19, 2003, 05:32 PM
On 2003-10-19 14:57, Dragon_Knight wrote:
Yea I think we all had that happen to us, after all its huge compared to ANY character we can make. I was so scared of it when I first saw one I decided to level up enough to use guns before taking it on. After awhile though there not that scary. That is until one just happens to catch you off guard and drop on top of you.

thats wat im doing... i'm accepting quests and trying to leved up enough to be able to kill it... and i'm looking for something stronger than my heat saber thats still a fire type weapon... after all i am a pyro... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Black000Moon
Oct 19, 2003, 06:32 PM
hmmmmm i was thinking for a second if it was a barble....ya ur right hidlebears look like big giant ape monkey things.....

PABLOparavida
Oct 19, 2003, 06:55 PM
wait for hildets. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif or even worse hildetorrs.

flueggy
Oct 19, 2003, 06:57 PM
when i saw my first hildebear i was playing with a friend then we went into a room a he said stay bsck a little then i went why? then i see a big freakish monkey type thing and i wenat like aaaaah and then i started shooting all crazy at him

_Sinue_
Oct 19, 2003, 11:14 PM
I'd been soaking up every ounce of info on PSO since well before it was released.. and in the promotional screenshots it showed several Hildebears - so I knew what to expect and looked forward to fighting them.

Hildetorrs on the other hand.. heh.. I'd only heard about them, but never seen them. I was soloing offline with my HUmar Tesla one day, and came across him. He freaked me out - looked like a giant armored dinosaur thing with huge horns and an increadibly evil face. Now, Hildets were no problem - so like an idiot, I faced him head on. Ugh. I was tricked out with all sorts of mad gear - including a Monkey King Bar with 180% to Native, a Blue Ring, and a Guard Wave. I didn't even get a hit in. He flattened my lvl 120 HUmar with a single punch. Over 1,100 dmg in a single strike.. ouch. Not having any scapedolls, I had to pipe back up to town then walk all the way back to the spot I'd seen him - only to find a Hildet in his place. >_<

The whole thing happened so fast, I never even knew they shot Megid until getting Ep II and being able to handle a serious brawl with em.

They've scared the **** out of me every time since then.

deathreaper
Oct 19, 2003, 11:27 PM
there not THAT freaky i find the hildetorr freaky
the shock of finding it there in the place of the hildent or whatever it is called secaily when it jumps up from behind

Armok
Oct 20, 2003, 06:45 AM
I remember hearing about them on Dc but never saw a tour until recently in Online Heat Sword. Needless to say the new pair of Vulcans I had aquired from my friend in the game with me pinned the monster back for 30 seconds til i killed it. Looking back on it Hildetours aint the monster i most affraid of thats the Nar (4-0 to them in kills) lily

Olga-Rappy
Oct 20, 2003, 06:53 AM
Ob Lillies scared the piss out of me, first encounter. I'm expecting some simple poison then, "S***, IS THAT MEGID?"

Coxy
Oct 20, 2003, 07:48 AM
On 2003-10-20 04:53, Olga-Rappy wrote:
Ob Lillies scared the piss out of me, first encounter. I'm expecting some simple poison then, "S***, IS THAT MEGID?"

sod that, i ran into a mil lily yesterday and almost pissed my pants, even though i've seen loads, you are never quite prepared for the buggers

Coxy
Oct 20, 2003, 07:49 AM
On 2003-10-20 04:45, Armok wrote:
I remember hearing about them on Dc but never saw a tour until recently in Online Heat Sword. Needless to say the new pair of Vulcans I had aquired from my friend in the game with me pinned the monster back for 30 seconds til i killed it. Looking back on it Hildetours aint the monster i most affraid of thats the Nar (4-0 to them in kills) lily

Wait till ultimate and you have 6 ob lily's chucking megid about the room http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Break
Oct 20, 2003, 11:29 AM
Man, One of the Most Crazy Freaks are the Indi Beltras, Those Thing are Crazy! Crazy I tell ya!

I had to dodge those Fists and Frezze them.

Ive never Met a Hildetor But One Question are they fast?

One more thing, on Ultimate the Pink la Dimenians are Demons!! But the Green/Yellow so Dimenians are a Joke on Ultimate http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

FIERY
Oct 20, 2003, 03:05 PM
good news everyone! i leveled up a bit and i also leveled up my mag, and i kicked the tar outta him!XD
.... but then i got killed by a pack of wolves.... dang wolves... you can never get a good hit in on them....

Break
Oct 20, 2003, 03:28 PM
Yeah I Dislike those Wolves,

its Like, STAND STILL YOU!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PhoenixOfHate
Oct 20, 2003, 05:09 PM
About the Hildtorrs or whatever the rare form of the Ultimate mode Hildebears are.. Do they really do normally around 1,100 hp..? That is a hell of a punch and if they do I am not so sure I even want my HUmar in Ultimate..

Break
Oct 20, 2003, 05:50 PM
over a 1000 Hit points, Thats Not Pretty http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

What do they Breathe? ICE?

navci
Oct 20, 2003, 06:27 PM
On 2003-10-20 15:50, Break wrote:
over a 1000 Hit points, Thats Not Pretty http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

What do they Breathe? ICE?

MEGID!

Nytro194
Oct 20, 2003, 06:35 PM
On 2003-10-19 13:53, Alighieri wrote:
yeah - at one time I was wondering myself - why the heck this big nasty ape is called "-bear" ...Maybe I still am.

BTW. "Hildeape" would sound funny too...nah - how this thing should be called?

i think its called a hildebear cause its size O.o'

StrongBad
Oct 20, 2003, 07:35 PM
I remember the first time I played the game I walked into the room and I saw some boomas and was like what the hell? And then after that the wolfes jumped out and scared the hell out of me, like in a scary movie and something scary just happens, I like jumped up. lol.

Armok
Oct 21, 2003, 04:41 AM
The Armok most scared of ranking top 5

1. Sinow Beat (dear god these scared the hell out of my fonewearl back in the dc days when foie was rubbish and she only had a +31 autogun arrrrg. Rooms full of these still scare my hucast)
2. Mil Lilys (never ever dropped me an item and have beaten me in 1 on 1 combat every time I have encountered 1 offline)
3. Morfos (these things ust don't die I got 2100 atp with a M&Y boost and Vulcans equiped and it still won't go down without 2 combos)
4. Garanzs (Any room with 2 plus of these and u know u gonna take a real battering gulp)
5. S Reds on dc (omg if u ever let these things get shifta online u may as well give up and die they where invincible. Would be number 1 but for being easy on GC hehe)

melte
Oct 21, 2003, 07:15 AM
ya i was scared when i saw my firest 5 hildeltorrs now that was freakin scary

Naagata_Clan
Oct 21, 2003, 01:20 PM
You want scary? I was playing Solo offline in the Ep 2 Temple. and in one room I was expexting the Ob lillies to come in, and the 2 Hidelts... but instead they give me 2 Ob Lillies, 1 Mil lillie, A Hildet and a Hildtorr... I don't know if I was really lucky or unlucky at the whole situtation... all that Megid flying everywhere. A few close calls too, because the Hidelt hit me with lightning, and I saw a megid just fly by my face... when I eneded up killing them all... I didn't see a SINGLE RED BOX! I literally drop to my knees and yelled out "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"

Logical2u
Oct 21, 2003, 01:29 PM
Heh.

I remember the first time I saw a Hildebear. I was playing Gran Squall and was at the end *almost* and this little yellow dot appears on the screen. No biggy another Booma.

*PLOP! SMASH! -15 HP!*

"WHAT THE HECK!? AUGH! RUN!"

I hightail it outta there. He spits foie. Foie goes through door.

I return to attack with my little Handgun +5 several times.

By the way, if you ever play EP2 Normal-VHard, Be aware Zol Gibbons spit MEGID instead of Foie! And they aren't rare enemies... and they move fast. Not a good combo for you.

_Sinue_
Oct 21, 2003, 02:01 PM
About the Hildtorrs or whatever the rare form of the Ultimate mode Hildebears are.. Do they really do normally around 1,100 hp..? That is a hell of a punch and if they do I am not so sure I even want my HUmar in Ultimate.. - Pheonix of Hate

They don't do that much damage anymore. I was in DC v.2 when that happened.. and the stats on monsters in v.2 were just insane. If he hadn't hit me.. I probably could have beaten him.. but I were using my 60/0/60/60 Lavis Cannon instead of my 180/0/0/0 MKB, I wouldn't have stood a chance. I was just at the point where I could get my Lavis to do some nice damage in Ultimate Forest, but it would have been nothing but miss/miss/120, miss/240/miss, miss/miss/miss the whole time against the Hildetorr.

KingChaos
Oct 21, 2003, 02:39 PM
its probably coz ur lvl 4(are u seriously that lvl?)

DOG21313
Oct 21, 2003, 10:18 PM
Man, I gotta say, one time I was in Ult Forest, and had recently seen a Delbiter. I walked into a room, cleared the first wave, and it looked like nothing else was coming, so I turned to get boxes, when, all of the sudden, I see something that looks dark and lunges out of the side of my screen. I immediatly think: "OMFG! Its A DELBITER THEY CANT APPEAR IN FOREST!!!" And just about have a heart attack, when all of the sudden, it stops and circles around me, at which point I realize its a Gulgus... -_-; Geez, that scared the blip outta me... And I wasn't even new to ult, it was just that I had been thinking about Delbiters at the moment... Ever since then, I've had an immense fear for Delbiters and Gulguses...