PDA

View Full Version : Question about V. 2 lavis

Quo
Oct 19, 2003, 04:24 PM
Why did ST ban the double cannon online? how do you use the joint parts? Was that to be done in a quest that was never released?

Gradius
Oct 19, 2003, 05:04 PM
They never released the quest so it stayed banned. In the quest possibly you would have used Joint Parts to make double cannon, but no one knows for sure since the quest wasn't released.

toxic_420
Oct 19, 2003, 05:12 PM
the double cannon has been banned online on dreamcast ever since v.2 came out!
it wasnt a findable weapon, there was no syncesta to use on lavis blades, and i guess the quest you had to do to create the double cannon never came out.
on a related note, the tsumikiri j sword was banned on dreamcast too, you couldnt enter a game with it equipped, and if you took it out the bank youd be banned for 24 hours (in the uk at least), unless you used the bank bypass ar code.
as we all know, theyre not banned on gc/xbox, i guess that because theres a way to create jswords and double cannons without doing any quests.
well, apparently theres a way in the jswords case.

Quo
Oct 19, 2003, 05:57 PM
On 2003-10-19 15:12, toxic_420 wrote:
the double cannon has been banned online on dreamcast ever since v.2 came out!
it wasnt a findable weapon, there was no syncesta to use on lavis blades, and i guess the quest you had to do to create the double cannon never came out.
on a related note, the tsumikiri j sword was banned on dreamcast too, you couldnt enter a game with it equipped, and if you took it out the bank youd be banned for 24 hours (in the uk at least), unless you used the bank bypass ar code.
as we all know, theyre not banned on gc/xbox, i guess that because theres a way to create jswords and double cannons without doing any quests.
well, apparently theres a way in the jswords case.

So all V.2 double cannons are hacks? Can you make the lavis blades? The above quote seems to imply so.

Soukosa
Oct 19, 2003, 06:06 PM
The Lavis Cannons had to be hacks, since there was never a legit way to get them. As for the Lavis Blade, Bluefull and Oran could find them in Ult Ruins.

Quo
Oct 19, 2003, 06:14 PM
On 2003-10-19 16:06, Sounomi wrote:
The Lavis Cannons had to be hacks, since there was never a legit way to get them. As for the Lavis Blade, Bluefull and Oran could find them in Ult Ruins.

But you can't make the lavis blades like on Episodes 1 and 2?

Soukosa
Oct 19, 2003, 06:19 PM
I'm not sure since I haven't played either of the DC versions and not much of the PC version. From what I've gathered, alot of the item combining had to be done in quests in those versions, like with mag cells. The Lavis Cannon might have been able to become a Lavis Blade, but it wouldn't make as much sense as it does with a Lavis Blade becoming a Double Cannon since you already have two parts and you're simply connecting them together.

Aurra
Oct 19, 2003, 06:33 PM
Actually Kalonera, Lavis Cannons could be found on Dreamcast. Not easily, but it was certainly possible. It was very rarely found in one of the boxes that form 3 Falz leaves behind on Vhard (for V1, at least).

Lavis Blade was a findable item on V2. It was dropped by Oran Dark or Death Gunner (I forget which one) on Ult. I believe the Joint Parts were findable too, although they were never widely wanted or distributed because, quite simply, they were useless without the quest to use them on the Lavis Blade, which never was released.

neko-chan
Oct 19, 2003, 06:46 PM
On 2003-10-19 16:33, Aurra wrote:
Actually Kalonera, Lavis Cannons could be found on Dreamcast. Not easily, but it was certainly possible. It was very rarely found in one of the boxes that form 3 Falz leaves behind on Vhard (for V1, at least).

The Lavis Cannon was of one the prizes for the 1st Fami Max Attack. At, least, that's the story I've heard. >_>;

Aurra
Oct 19, 2003, 06:48 PM
The Famitsu quest from V2? If that is the one you're talking about, then nope http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif The only reward for that quest was badges. Killing 500 enemies before time ran out earned you some extra ones in addition to the ones you found throughout the level, if I remember correctly.

neko-chan
Oct 19, 2003, 06:51 PM
On 2003-10-19 16:48, Aurra wrote:
The Famitsu quest from V2?

The first one. If my memory serves me well (>_>;;;), they hold a Fami Max Attack on V1, during spring 2001.
The other prizes were the Psycho Wand and the Heaven Punisher.

I also remember Barubary stating that his Japanese friend personally duped the original Lavis and brought the copies to the US servers. OMG... it sounds like some shitty PSO legend. x_x;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: neko-chan on 2003-10-19 16:54 ]</font>

Aurra
Oct 19, 2003, 06:54 PM
Ahh, I can believe that. Even if I didn't, I had already quit V1 at that point so I'm not really in a position to argue http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

They also could be found from Falz boxes, though. I'm 100% sure of that.

neko-chan
Oct 19, 2003, 06:57 PM
On 2003-10-19 16:54, Aurra wrote:
Ahh, I can believe that. Even if I didn't, I had already quit V1 at that point so I'm not really in a position to argue http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

There's no need to argue. We already argued enough about the random drops. >_>;;; It's a fact, tho. I wish I could search all those old posts... but they seem gone.

They also could be found from Falz boxes, though. I'm 100% sure of that.

(here we go again; Neko VS Aurra ^_^;)
"100% sure" means that you actually found one?

Aurra
Oct 19, 2003, 07:00 PM
Alright then, 99% sure. One of my closest PSO friends (he goes by Kujin here at PSOw, he won one the Pimpin' in Style contest, you may remember him) found one on V1. I saw it in Special Weapon form, so I know he's not lying.

neko-chan
Oct 19, 2003, 07:01 PM
On 2003-10-19 17:00, Aurra wrote:
Alright then, 99% sure. One of my closest PSO friends (he goes by Kujin here at PSOw, he won one the Pimpin' in Style contest, you may remember him) found one on V1. I saw it in Special Weapon form, so I know he's not lying.

Item mod.

Aurra
Oct 19, 2003, 07:16 PM
If he'd had the capability to item mod, he wouldn't have used me to make mags and dupe for him http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

neko-chan
Oct 19, 2003, 07:18 PM
On 2003-10-19 17:16, Aurra wrote:
If he'd had the capability to item mod, he wouldn't have used me to make mags and dupe for him http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

I don't even wanna know. All I know is that Falz's boxes are "set item" boxes, so they drop always the same "range" of crap. Like the other gold boxes in Ruins, you'll never find a ?SPECIAL WEAPON inside those, nor any other rare item.

Aurra
Oct 19, 2003, 07:25 PM
Normally I'd agree with that, but the fact is, Falz' gold boxes aren't the same as Ruins gold boxes. The boss of every area leaves boxes that contain the same stuff as in the next level. You can find level 3 and 4 techs from the Dragon's boxes, but not in the forest. Falz' boxes contain stuff from an area even past Ruins.

Plus, Falz boxes definitely had the capability to drop stuff that could be found nowhere else. Back on DC, Celestial Armor could only be found among the boxes he leaves, so I'm certain that if wanted, they could find a way to have him drop Lavis Cannons and other rarities. I also have heard stories about people finding Heaven Punishers from him in the same way, although for those I don't have any proof (well, it's proof to me... knowing Kujin for over 3 years now, I can't imagine him making something like that up).

Gradius
Oct 19, 2003, 07:31 PM
On 2003-10-19 16:51, neko-chan wrote:

On 2003-10-19 16:48, Aurra wrote:
The Famitsu quest from V2?

The first one. If my memory serves me well (>_>;;;), they hold a Fami Max Attack on V1, during spring 2001.
The other prizes were the Psycho Wand and the Heaven Punisher.

I'm pretty sure your right. I used to have a screenshot from the dricas PSO site of the ST Members handing out the lavis cannon to the winner.

neko-chan
Oct 19, 2003, 07:33 PM
On 2003-10-19 17:25, Aurra wrote:
Normally I'd agree with that, but the fact is, Falz' gold boxes aren't the same as Ruins gold boxes. The boss of every area leaves boxes that contain the same stuff as in the next level. You can find level 3 and 4 techs from the Dragon's boxes, but not in the forest. Falz' boxes contain stuff from an area even past Ruins.

You'll never find anything rare in gold boxes. Even in bosses' gold boxes. Gold boxes contain "set items". And, please, dig up the PSOW news archive, you'll find more info about the first Max Attack.

Plus, Falz boxes definitely had the capability to drop stuff that could be found nowhere else. Back on DC, Celestial Armor could only be found among the boxes he leaves, so I'm certain that if wanted, they could find a way to have him drop Lavis Cannons and other rarities.

There's quite a difference between a nine stars armor and the strongest (and legendary, during V1 times) saber type weapon in game.

I also have heard stories about people finding Heaven Punishers from him in the same way, although for those I don't have any proof (well, it's proof to me... knowing Kujin for over 3 years now, I can't imagine him making something like that up).

Stories like this one?

http://www.pso-world.com/article.php?sid=289

^_^

Sorry, I don't believe you, nor I believe your friend. The Lavis Cannon wasn't a findable item in V1.

Aurra
Oct 19, 2003, 07:39 PM
Heh, that's ok, afterall, I don't really have any proof. I'm sure though, that if Baru or someone looked at the actual code for Falz Box items, they would find Lavis Cannon among the Visks and DB's Sabers http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Edit: By the way, Celestial Armor carried 12 stars http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Aurra on 2003-10-19 17:40 ]</font>

neko-chan
Oct 19, 2003, 07:42 PM
On 2003-10-19 17:39, Aurra wrote:
Heh, that's ok, afterall, I don't really have any proof. I'm sure though, that if Baru or someone looked at the actual code for Falz Box items, they would find Lavis Cannon among the Visks and DB's Sabers http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Ask her then. I'm sure she'll confirm my version (I clearly remember her post about it).

Aurra
Oct 19, 2003, 07:44 PM
Baru isn't a girl... lol

And don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting the Famitsu thing. I just think that it wasn't the only way to get one.

neko-chan
Oct 19, 2003, 07:54 PM
On 2003-10-19 17:44, Aurra wrote:
Baru isn't a girl... lol

And don't get me wrong, I'm not doubting the Famitsu thing. I just think that it wasn't the only way to get one.

Well, you think wrong. Actually, Sounomi already checked the drop tables of DC version (I had the chance to see her work she put on her Web site), and there is no Lavis drop for Ruins boxes. Check yourself or ask her. Or ask Baru, that's better. She can tell you about the Max Attack Cup and the original Lavis.

It's a shame that you, bragging to be such a PSO veteran, don't recall simple facts such as the original Max Attack.

Just stop this nonsense. If you're unsure about something, simply shut up. Expecially regarding V1 rares, you should remember the high level of cheating and item modding during those days.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: neko-chan on 2003-10-19 18:01 ]</font>

Aurra
Oct 19, 2003, 07:56 PM
Damn dude... no need to get all... angry O_o

If you think I'm wrong that's fine, but you don't need to be rude about it

Soukosa
Oct 19, 2003, 08:01 PM
Lavis Blade came from Bluefull and Oran Dark Bringers, not Dark/Death Gunners. Also, I seriously doubt that Dark Falz would have her own set of rare box drops. How the box drops work for ver. 3 is that the first 3 bosses use the settings for the first level of the next area and the final boss boxes use settings for the last area (most like the last level, but I haven't looked into it yet).

Quo
Oct 19, 2003, 08:06 PM
On 2003-10-19 18:01, Sounomi wrote:
Lavis Blade came from Bluefull and Oran Dark Bringers, not Dark/Death Gunners. Also, I seriously doubt that Dark Falz would have her own set of rare box drops. How the box drops work for ver. 3 is that the first 3 bosses use the settings for the first level of the next area and the final boss boxes use settings for the last area (most like the last level, but I haven't looked into it yet).

Aurra's right though. On V.1 at least Celestial Armor could only be found in the boxes after the falz fight on V hard. So it's possible that other rares show up there as well. With the Celestial armor being the best armor in the game it's not implausible to think that the best saber or handgun could be found there as well.

Soukosa
Oct 19, 2003, 08:21 PM
Well, I don't have access to any of the data files from verison 1 that would control things like that, so I can't say whether that is true or not. But, it wouldn't be too hard to make an untekked weapon with a GameShark or something.

Quo
Oct 19, 2003, 10:02 PM
On 2003-10-19 18:21, Sounomi wrote:
Well, I don't have access to any of the data files from verison 1 that would control things like that, so I can't say whether that is true or not. But, it wouldn't be too hard to make an untekked weapon with a GameShark or something.

All too true. I regretfully admitt a gameshark was my staple accessory for V.1 . However it was not a high enough version to work on V.2. I've been 100% legit ever since and have had 10x more fun. But, no one cares. Cheating is boring.

Soukosa
Oct 19, 2003, 10:08 PM
I'm fairly legit with PSO, but I have tried some of the things that cheaters tend to do in this version, like using dupes and maxing out stats. When you take away rare hunting and when the only purpose to leveling up is getting to use new armor and sheilds, there simply isn't much left in the game. Although, I did wish their were some AR codes for PSO out. I could use them to help satisfy my curiousity with how the game works by using it to hack it.

Jazhara
Oct 20, 2003, 07:16 AM
1. Lavis Cannon was a prize for the first Famitsu Cup in version 1, it was only playable to win prizes in Japan.

2. Celestial Armour could be found in normal Ruins runs in v1.

3. Falz boxes will never drop rares, and definitely not in v1, Aurra's friend lied to him. Sorry. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

4. Lavis Cannons and Blades were not banned in v2, Double Cannon was the only one that was out of the three.

5. AFAIK Barubary IS a girl. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

6. GC don' need no AR, don't even say that Sounomi! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jazhara on 2003-10-20 05:19 ]</font>

Aurra
Oct 20, 2003, 08:52 AM
Grr, I'm sorry everyone. I just remembered that my friend's Lavis also had 40% Hit. Looks like I've got a few things to discuss with him http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_mad.gif

Anyway, where are you all getting Baru being a girl from? S N K, Tamahome, Model 383, Nova, and Zarana/Celisse all seem to think he's male, and every one of them knows him personally. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

Malkavian
Oct 20, 2003, 12:48 PM
Also celestial armor could be rare but it wasn't a special item.

Special items come in CAPS. That's what marks a special item not the yellow text that it's only a things that comes with every 9 or more stars item.

Actually there was a legit way to find in game Lavis Cannon in V1.
Trading with ver2 player http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif And I don't know but ver2 players could host v1 games and the findings were different from regular v1 games. Maybe lavis Cannon was possible?

Anyways Aurra talks about before the release of ver.2 so I'm not defending his friend.

Armok
Oct 20, 2003, 12:57 PM
This is a 2 year old folk tales (so may not be true) on DC version for all u new gc player.

During the first v1 days of Pso sega held a Japanise only compertion in which 10 winners received a prize of Lavis Cannon/ Heaven Punisher/ Psycho Wand. As no rangers won no HP ever existed legit on DC. All 3 items where unlocked though due to the possiblilty of someone having on legitimatly.

As for Lavis Blades on Dc certain ids could find them of Death Gunners on Ult Ruins. The Joint parts though useless was found from Vol Orb ult. No quest was ever released to combine them though.

Soukosa
Oct 20, 2003, 02:10 PM
Celestial Armor could be gotten from a Dark Belra in V. Hard Ruins. Dark Bringers dropped the Lavis Blade for Bluefull and Oran, not Dark Gunners. Dark Gunners dropped the Heaven Punisher on Ult for all IDs.

Jazhara
Oct 20, 2003, 02:43 PM
On 2003-10-20 06:52, Aurra wrote:
Anyway, where are you all getting Baru being a girl from? S N K, Tamahome, Model 383, Nova, and Zarana/Celisse all seem to think he's male, and every one of them knows him personally. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_confused.gif

General PSO folklore. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

I could be completely wrong on that one, wasn't 100% hence the 'AFAIK'.

Zarana
Oct 20, 2003, 05:31 PM
Barubary, as far as I know, was male in V2 and became a female for Episode 1&2. Now it's my civic duty not to care or pry, but it does raise certain questions in my mind.

neko-chan
Oct 20, 2003, 06:11 PM
On 2003-10-20 15:31, Zarana wrote:
Barubary, as far as I know, was male in V2 and became a female for Episode 1&2.

She's not the only one. ^_^

Zarana
Oct 20, 2003, 11:49 PM
On 2003-10-20 16:11, neko-chan wrote:

On 2003-10-20 15:31, Zarana wrote:
Barubary, as far as I know, was male in V2 and became a female for Episode 1&2.

She's not the only one. ^_^

If this was you, congratulations on pulling a Barubary.

If this was me, I don't think I've ever said what my gender was one way or the other on these forums. That would pretty much prohibit changing it, I suppose.

If this was someone else, well, good for them. And you must like to gossip.

Just covering all my bases in this reply.