PDA

View Full Version : What are you talking about?!?

PaleKid15
Oct 19, 2003, 04:28 PM
I have noticed that this board is littered with posts with people saying that a certain weapon doesn't suck, it's just hard to use. THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE! Hard to use=it sucks. If it is hard to use, than it doesn't kill stuff well, if it doesn't kill stuff well, then it sucks. Will someone please explain how a weapon is "hard to use" withuot sucking. Please don't tell me that, "It's because they are using a low level character, so it's not the weapons fault." because the people who say "it's hard to use but good." are usually a high level.

BTW- sorry I had to make a new topic just for this, but it didn't fit anywhwere else.

Ketchup345
Oct 19, 2003, 04:35 PM
On 2003-10-19 14:28, PaleKid15 wrote:
I have noticed that this board is littered with posts with people saying that a certain weapon doesn't suck, it's just hard to use. THAT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE! Hard to use=it sucks. If it is hard to use, than it doesn't kill stuff well, if it doesn't kill stuff well, then it sucks. Will someone please explain how a weapon is "hard to use" withuot sucking. Please don't tell me that, "It's because they are using a low level character, so it's not the weapons fault." because the people who say "it's hard to use but good." are usually a high level.
BTW- sorry I had to make a new topic just for this, but it didn't fit anywhwere else.

This probably belongs in M/Q/I/Sec. ID.

But an item can be hard to use and not suck by requiring time to get used to. Like mechguns are hard at first to pick up and use effectively. They take practice, and eventually become too powerful, capable of taking out many high HP enemies in a very short amount of time without being right next to them. Claws (and fists) are the same way I guess, since you have to be able to get in your combo (probably 3 hit) then be able to dodge the enemies attack.

But then there is a point I guess, where some weapons are overkill on an enemy. This can be bad as it leaves you vulnerable to attack by other enemies, or if the next hit in your combo takes too long to execute, that enemy you are attacking may hit you.

Loser
Oct 19, 2003, 04:36 PM
Or maybe it's just the person that is using that suck. :

Soukosa
Oct 19, 2003, 04:38 PM
Some weapons are harder to learn to use than others, but once you get the hang of them, they can be fairly easy to use. Some people simply don't want to put up with the learning curve and claim that the suck. Any type of weapon when used properly has good potential.

PaleKid15
Oct 19, 2003, 04:50 PM
Good points. I just never got a weapon I thought was hard to use(including mech guns and twins)Thanks for the help.