PDA

View Full Version : A New Challenge?

A2K
Oct 19, 2003, 06:28 PM
Hmm, I haven't tried this on Episode I & II, but, can you set the game to "Battle" and play through the regular game, like in Version 2? Basically what it did in Version 2 was turn on friendly fire. I was thinking, with friendly fire on you have to be that much more careful about not damaging your teammates... anyone ever try to play in this manner?

HaLLa
Oct 20, 2003, 02:55 AM
well you can battle on the normal levels and they have monsters and so on so I see no reason why you cant go through the game like normal with battle on...I have never tried it though

A2K
Oct 20, 2003, 04:10 AM
Hmm... I don't really think this should have been move since it doesn't REALLY relate that much to actual duels, but... oh well.

Yeah, it makes things a lot tougher, really. With Battle Mode/Friendly Fire on, basically, FO's are limited to simple techs, Grants, Megid... and I don't think they can use Jellen and Zalure lest they want to temporarily weaken their comrades as well unless their Shifta and Deband is of a higher level (and as such would undo the J/Z).

Only single hit weapons for Rangers... shots are a big no-no! Hunters could still possibly use multi-hit weapons, but, they'd have to be careful not to clip their friends in the midst of a sword-swing... it might be easier to *gasp* use a saber or something!

OriginalLacan
Nov 9, 2003, 01:51 AM
That's a damn good idea! Imagine a game where people use some freeking strategy, and use some actual teamwork, rather than rushing in and mashing buttons.

hell the mic would be useful again, and things more intelligent than "Man, I'm sooo stoned right now" could be heard. Not to mention you could slap someone upside the head for hogging exp...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OriginalLacan on 2003-11-08 22:58 ]</font>

darthsaber9x9
Nov 13, 2003, 05:52 PM
On 2003-11-08 22:51, OriginalLacan wrote:
That's a damn good idea! Imagine a game where people use some freeking strategy, and use some actual teamwork, rather than rushing in and mashing buttons.

hell the mic would be useful again, and things more intelligent than "Man, I'm sooo stoned right now" could be heard. Not to mention you could slap someone upside the head for hogging exp...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OriginalLacan on 2003-11-08 22:58 ]</font>

dude i would so say that if i did drugs!