PDA

View Full Version : This site needs to take an anti-duping stance.

ADE
Oct 19, 2003, 10:56 PM
Now hear me out before you move this to the "Cheaters" forum. I feel this has a valid presence here, as it is not about the how or why of cheating on PSO, but about how the site is run.

You admins would find it in your best interests to take an anti-duping stance in your articles and polls. Acting like it is simply part of PSO perpetuates the cycle and basically condones it as an act.

I should hope that individuals responsible enough to run a complex website such as this are beyond cheating in online games.

I feel that if you made it clear that this site does not support duping, it would not only change the minds of many dupers, but would also show that it is not just "part of PSO." Duping was not intended to be a part of the game, and your website, acting as the official guru of PSO, SHOULD NOT support nor condone it.

This would decrease the number of morons online in PSO. With cheating curbed, more intelligent users would join and STAY LONGER. Most good players leave because they get sick of the crap.

The opinions expressed in this post are that of an extremely seasoned player who has seen a lot. Don't brush this off as nothing. If a few dupers cancel their accounts because of your stance, it would be worth it. Think of how much it would benefit the overall realm of PSO.

primer567
Oct 19, 2003, 11:06 PM
I feel that if you made it clear that this site does not support duping, it would not only change the minds of many dupers,
Dupers arent just gonna get up and stop duping just because PSOWorld says its not right.

This would decrease the number of morons online in PSO. With cheating curbed, more intelligent users would join and STAY LONGER.
Its much more complex then that, you cant just tell someone to stop and expect them to do so. Plus, I assume not very many dupers go to PSOWorld so they wouldnt even see the messages.

Zarana
Oct 19, 2003, 11:11 PM
People who ask for codes or post methods are permanently banned, ADE, I don't know what else you could possibly ask for.

Bit
Oct 19, 2003, 11:16 PM
This will just become another "I want this." "No your wrong you have to do this instead" thread. So it goes away.

eRUPT
Oct 19, 2003, 11:42 PM
Ok ADE I will step in and tell you something.

I've been playing PSO since it first started as well so I could say I'm some sort of seasoned veteran. I can also say with confidence that I have put ALOT of work into this site with no benefit other than helping the PSO community as well as all the staff here who deal with so much everyday.

So I'm pretty offended with how you can actually step to us with that type of attitude. We take no stance but we definetly have always taken care of cheats and dupe methods posted here with no leniency what-so-ever.

Its kinda ignorant to actually think a duper care what I think or what PSOW thinks PSO should be, we are a fan site, run by fans and that is all. It would be fool-minded and egoistic to take it upon ourselves to start some sort of war against such people. Personnally this is sonic teams responsibility to deal with and its very annoying to be told that it is my responsibility and pretty selfish to say being all the things we already have to deal with on the site and trying to keep new content.

But right what do you care, you just want duping and hacking gone, and its all our fault, we are so ignorant and lazy to not turn our News into a Don't Dupe Please reminder webpage.

No thanks. I have more respect for this site than that, and being you actually view this site I would have hoped you could show the same amount of respect. But for some respect is a hard thing to utter and they could only care about what will benefit themselves.

Anyhow I will lock this back up, if you want to flame anymore mods and use the lamest attack like "Oh I bet your a duper" Then please do so to me so that I may print it out and every morning when I wake up have something idiotic to laugh at.