PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star 1 Remake

HaLLa
Oct 20, 2003, 02:41 AM
Does anyone have this game or has anyone played it?Its a remake of the very first Phantasy Star game...the one that started this all. The remake is for the Playstation 2...I dont think much is changed except graphics and stuff of that sort

Spider
Oct 20, 2003, 06:37 AM
I think your dribbling dude, only cause PSOW seems to get all Phantasy Star info before anywere else.

I could be wrong but.

_Sinue_
Oct 20, 2003, 07:27 AM
I have it. Haven't really played too far into it, since I'm waiting for a translation - but from the looks of things, a whole lot has been added in. Dialouges seem much longer and drawn out, and there's even a "Converse" option in your menu where your party member can talk with each to give the player clues on what to do next. Some conversations take place in semi-cutscenes. There's one where Alys takes one last look around her house before leaving on her journey - a scene never found in the original.

I've yet to find the house where Alys's friend lives and lets you rest for free. The church is gone, I think, and replaced with a hospital. I'm pretty sure you also needed to get a dungeon key from in town before you could open the chest to get 2,000 meseta in the town dungeon. Yet, you don't have to get it this time around.. the chest is already unlocked.

It seems like a really good game (and EVERY bit as tough as the original), but until there's a translation ready - it's nothing more than a kill fest with some beautiful Anime cutscenes similar to PS4.

HaLLa
Oct 21, 2003, 01:43 AM
Thanks for the information

and I know what im talking about...I dont know why PSOW didnt talk about it. Maybe because its different from the PSO games

Spider
Oct 21, 2003, 05:30 AM
Argh, sorry for the false acusations matey :S

OnnaWren
Oct 21, 2003, 03:22 PM
On 2003-10-20 05:27, _Sinue_ wrote:
I've yet to find the house where Alys's friend lives and lets you rest for free. The church is gone, I think, and replaced with a hospital.

Alas, I believe that Suelo has, for some reason, been taken out of the game. Handy rest stop, that was, though...

As for the church/hospital thing, I can't say that I'm all that surprised. Palmans have struck me, for the most part, as being a bit on the agnostic side... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

On 2003-10-20 23:43, HaLLa wrote:
I don't know why PSOW didnt talk about it. Maybe because it's different from the PSO games...

Err, maybe because "it's got nothing to do with PSO"? *coughbullshitcough*

Oh, and I've been out with a broken foot for the last bit or so, so, noone got rid of anything, hear? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

EDIT: response to HaLLa

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OnnaWren on 2003-10-21 13:29 ]</font>

HaLLa
Oct 22, 2003, 12:12 AM
well still it has to do with Phantasy Star...I think they should add the old games to the site...

also I notice a lot of people haveing pictures of old characters in their avs and sigs lately

Scejntjynahl
Oct 22, 2003, 11:25 AM
They replace the Church with a hospital, because in the United States we try not to "promote" any religion in any way, alas. That is what happens with remakes and translations. (best example the Castlevania series, in USA we use boomerangs and in Japan they use Crosses, go figure)

_Sinue_
Oct 22, 2003, 12:42 PM
Nice logic, but the problem with that.. is that the game is only going to be released in Japan. Consideration of American culture would had no effect on the design of the Phantasy Star Remake.

OnnaWren
Oct 22, 2003, 01:40 PM
HaLLa:

It's been gone over before. (http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=64871&forum=6&20) >:/

Best not to open up that can of Sandworms again...

The AVs, I believe, are a small token from a fellow longtime Phan (thankee, Guntz!), and not directly connected to anything else here (and the Wren Av is still missing...).

EDIT: Gah, frickin' BBCode... XO

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: OnnaWren on 2003-10-22 11:43 ]</font>

Scejntjynahl
Oct 22, 2003, 04:42 PM
[quote]
On 2003-10-22 10:42, _Sinue_ wrote:
Nice logic, but the problem with that.. is that the game is only going to be released in Japan. Consideration of American culture would had no effect on the design of the Phantasy Star Remake.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. Yet I believe that the western influence unfortunately is spreading further into the Japanese culture. They may not be considering to release it in the states, but it doesn't mean that they never will (or that it will be not be imported)

About the logic, I will admit it is limited on my part. To fully credit my statement as wholly true, I would have to play all original Japanese game and their Western versions, a daunting task. So just simply put, this is my personal opinion and nothing more.