PDA

View Full Version : curious question concerning redria mkb drop

ex
Oct 20, 2003, 01:48 PM
i was just wondering how long it would take a dolmolm to drop its mkb? I know that it is completely based on luck, but let's just say on average luck, how long will it take?

Logical2u
Oct 20, 2003, 02:00 PM
I do believe it is 1/350-500 Doldolms. I think.

muff
Oct 20, 2003, 02:09 PM
In the resting at the beach quest(which is no longer available) there were 15 dolmolms per quest. I did this quest 60 times for my Monkey King Bar.

60 x 15= 900 Dolmolms, I know people who get it in less, I know people who got it in more. Good luck.

On a side note people over estimate how rare it is. It has the same rarity as say a Spread needle or a Twin chakram. Thing is no one these days plays ep2. Thats why there arent that many legit ones about.

I owe resting at the beach alot. Thank you for my legit MKB which is now a *Gasp* Black King Bar +60.

ex
Oct 20, 2003, 02:21 PM
man, it looks like i might..no probably will have a lot of hunting dolmolms ahead of me. I knew the weap is rare, but dolmolms are common, so i thought that it would be easier. Wow, mkb after 900 dolmolms, that's soooo many. Thanx for the feedback.

Jazhara
Oct 20, 2003, 02:50 PM
I have only found them in the Resting at the Beach quest - after 103 runs (1545 Dolmolms, but it dropped on wave 4 so technically 1540 Dolmolm. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif) and 69 runs (1035 Dolmolms, but again it dropped part way through the last set of 15 enemies...).

172 runs / 2580 Dolmolms total for 2 MKBs, hence each bar dropped after 1240 Dolmolms on average.

But you REALLY can't take this thread too much to heart.

I would safer say you'll be lucky to get one under 500 Dolmolms, you should find one before you've killed 2000 Dolmolms, but some people have prolly looked longer.

On a side note, Redria Dolmolm isn't the best place to get MKB unless you have something like RatB to hunt just that one enemy in, there are better IDs / enemys.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Jazhara on 2003-10-20 12:53 ]</font>

PaleKid15
Oct 20, 2003, 04:31 PM
I got one with 25 Native after 5 Dolmolms in my first run of seabed. So, as you said, it's very random.

Benzine
Oct 20, 2003, 08:16 PM
After about a week of nonstop redria seabed, my hucast friend and I had 2 legit mkb's for ourselves. No percents on either, though. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Take this lightly because it's different for everybody, but I would guess that it'll take 15-30 seabed runs to get the drop. If you're 125+ then seabed shouldn't be too much of a problem for you, plus you'll get great xp from it if you kill olga flow every time.

Jazhara, what's a better way to find it than redria? I killed mericarol about 50 times on skyly with no luck, then raised a redria just to get me a mkb. The only other places I see a mkb drop from the database is from the mericarol variants, and all the mericarol variants have the same drop rate of 1/394 according to the ign faq. I don't know too much about the CCT quests because we just got SotH and hallo rappies at the same time(I'm on the xbox)and I place hallo rappies as a higher priority. Anyways, I would assume that there are few of the mericarol variants in the quests because they are like a sub-boss. With there only being few creatures per level, I don't consider those very good odds at all. On the other hand, while the dolmolm drop rate is something like 1/1050, there are a ton of dolmolms throughtout the seabed. I prefer a higher population to a better drop rate if the creature counts are way different from each other.

-bz

Jazhara
Oct 21, 2003, 12:21 PM
I prefer a higher population to a better drop rate if the creature counts are way different from each other.

This is the crux of the issue.

Depends on the items in question, but common theory is the higher drop rate is generally better. Personally I would rather search it from Skyly Mericarol (5 in East Tower) than Redria Dolmolm.

The thing is, you simply cannot read too much into the numbers listed in Heyf00l's IGN FAQ. The numbers are useful, sure, I use them myself, and I think the FAQ is better than anything else currently offered - but just because it's a 1 / 1050 chance doesn't mean it will drop when you kill 1050 Dolmolm.

The 1,000th Dolmolm has just the same chance of dropping the item as the first one you kill - you could do it forever and never find one. Ask anyone who's tried to find Lavis Cannon from a Tollaw and they'll cry all the way through!

MKB is a borderline case - it's not sooo rare that you will never find it from the prolific enemies, but its rare enough that it doesn't drop easily from the high drop rates.

Each to their own I suppose. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Benzine
Oct 21, 2003, 02:19 PM
I didn't know there were that many mericarols in east tower, so that's actually what I'd have used if it was available to me. All I can get myself is the one in CCA, and jungle gets extremely aggravating after awhile. We'll catch up, though.
Yeah, I take the ign faq as a good estimate, nothing more. It's a good tool to pick out the best drop rate, but it's not a guarantee by any means.

cheers on worthy conversation http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
-bz

Stalfos333
Oct 21, 2003, 02:49 PM
That number is the middleground of how many you can expect. Every one before that, you were lucky. Every one after, you are unlucky. On average, it comes out that people will kill that many.