PDA

View Full Version : XBox: PSOX - Possibly a stupid question, but....

weaselw3
Oct 20, 2003, 07:47 PM
I just wanna know if it is possible to give a character to a friend of mine. I have an XBox memory card, but it does not seem to be working. Am I right in thinking you can only use your own player on another machine in multi mode?
Basically, I get a whole lot more time to play than him, and I don't want this extra character to go to waste.....(level 96)

Benzine
Oct 20, 2003, 08:32 PM
You can't really give it to him because characters are linked to gamertags and the original hard drive they were created on. You can't use it for singleplayer, but you can export it to the memory card and let him use it for offline multiplayer on his xbox, though. So at least if you go over to his house, you can bring the character with you to share. I had a friend whose xbox crapped out on him and he lost a couple 130ish characters that way because there is no way to transfer the characters to make them playable in singleplayer. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

It might be possible on modded xboxes, but I'm not the one to ask about that.

So yes to offline multiplayer and no to single player or going on live with it.

HTH
-bz

MisoSoup
Oct 21, 2003, 12:43 AM
Why didn't he just take the hard drive out and put it in the new XBox?

Proto_Coyote
Oct 21, 2003, 12:48 AM
Yes, this is possible on a modded XBOX, but that's all I'm gonna say as I'm sure that kinda talk is not allowed on the forum http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_no.gif

MisoSoup
Oct 21, 2003, 01:00 AM
I was unaware it was only possible on a modded box. Why can't you just switch them? If you can't, I'd rather get my XBox repaired, or repair it myself than lose all of my game saves. I have some like Steel Battalion that I can't move to a memory card.

Proto_Coyote
Oct 21, 2003, 01:46 AM
You could also swap the harddisk of the old Xbox with your new one.

weaselw3
Oct 21, 2003, 03:49 AM
Ah well, many thanks for your help.