PDA

View Full Version : GC: Halloween lobby decor and Pioneer Halloween are up

VulpesMundi
Oct 21, 2003, 02:02 AM
The lobby decor and quest are now available.

Edit: the site I've been using to access images is unavailable, so I removed the broken screenshot links.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-10-21 12:03 ]</font>

Jack
Oct 21, 2003, 02:44 AM
Are they up on the EU servers too?

Anisha__J-Hunter
Oct 21, 2003, 05:00 AM
Too bad the event is so useless for JP 1.1 users and their friends....

I will avoid to play Online Temple till the event is over.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anisha__J-Hunter on 2003-10-21 03:02 ]</font>

Valleo
Oct 21, 2003, 05:08 AM
The quest should be available everywhere. The guide is a little unclear so here is some random info.

My friend Xeno just managed to get 8 different cakes. You get a different cake depending on your serial number/guild card number, so doing the quest with differnt chars wont make a difference. Your chars will all get the same cake. You need to find 7 other people to trade with to get all 8. Cakes are differentiated by 2 ingerdients and type. Mine was a potato Montblanc cake with sugar frosting (gross).

Anyways, once youve gotten your cakes go to the Rappy party with the bunch of rappies in a circle. Talk to the rappy that asks how many rappies are in quest. The answer is 25. Then talk to the rappy who says that he smells something sweet with the cakes in your inventory.

There is a lady in the quest that can identify the different types of cakes for you (since they only appear as "cake" and have no info as to what type they are in the item window), but apparently it doesnt make a difference. Once you start feeding the rappy cakes, the doubles will be greyed out, according to Xeno, so it should be easy knowing which cakes to feed him. Once you have fed him 8 different types of cakes he will give you your Jack O Lantern. Hopefully this will help diminish the amount of "Cake" question threads.

Now if only we could do something about all the annoying "Which char" and "which section id" question threads. Ugh.

TheSlayer
Oct 21, 2003, 05:20 AM
But what about the (Ninth) lemon cake ? What use does that have.By the way, thanks for explaining.The guide confused me too

goldbrease
Oct 21, 2003, 09:03 AM
thanks you cleared up the guid they should take down that one and replace it with yours. but what is the lemon cake for?

LemonAndLime
Oct 21, 2003, 01:03 PM
I just wanna say:
Who thinks the music is cool? I love the lobby music. Any word on if we'll be able to download it, since it doesn't unlock in BGM test?
And for those of us that have played Sonic Adventure 2, how'd you like the reworked version of Tails' Theme tune?

Nambrosia
Oct 21, 2003, 01:23 PM
On 2003-10-21 11:03, LemonAndLime wrote:
I just wanna say:
Who thinks the music is cool? I love the lobby music. Any word on if we'll be able to download it, since it doesn't unlock in BGM test?
And for those of us that have played Sonic Adventure 2, how'd you like the reworked version of Tails' Theme tune?

I think the music playing in the lobbies is Weird Night, which is on the soundtrack Phantasy Star Online Episode I&II: Songs of Ragol Oddesy. And I think the music playing on Gal Da Val was a reworked version of the Sonic Adventure 1 "Believe In Myself", not Sonic Adventure 2.. but as long as it's Tails I'm good (Tails is my favorite Sonic game character http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif ).

Jack
Oct 21, 2003, 01:27 PM
I love the lobby music! Someone with a capture card should record it.

navci
Oct 21, 2003, 01:36 PM
On 2003-10-21 11:27, Jack wrote:
I love the lobby music! Someone with a capture card should record it.

Grab the soundtrack! It is awesome.

By the way there are two versions of the Island music. There is Believe in myself if you have Mountain area, and the song from.... not sure what the name is, from the stage "City Escape" in Sonic Adventure 2 if you start from Jungle area. =} Quite nice!

Nambrosia
Oct 21, 2003, 02:44 PM
On 2003-10-21 11:36, navi wrote:

By the way there are two versions of the Island music. There is Believe in myself if you have Mountain area, and the song from.... not sure what the name is, from the stage "City Escape" in Sonic Adventure 2 if you start from Jungle area. =} Quite nice!

Hehe.. the music in City Escape was, "Escape From The City". Quite a shocker isn't it? XD

Jack
Oct 21, 2003, 03:53 PM
On 2003-10-21 11:36, navi wrote:

Got it now. The song is called "Weird Night". As an aside, where is the song "Day Light" from?

LemonAndLime
Oct 21, 2003, 03:55 PM
On 2003-10-21 11:23, Nambrosia wrote:
And I think the music playing on Gal Da Val was a reworked version of the Sonic Adventure 1 "Believe In Myself", not Sonic Adventure 2..

I was curious about that. Some of the lyrics are the same as the Sonic Adventure 2 one..but some are different.
Hey, maybe it's a mixture of them both http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nambrosia
Oct 21, 2003, 04:15 PM
Got it now. The song is called "Weird Night". As an aside, where is the song "Day Light" from?

Day Light is one of the Disks. Disk Vol.2 if I'm not mistaken.

I was curious about that. Some of the lyrics are the same as the Sonic Adventure 2 one..but some are different.
Hey, maybe it's a mixture of them both http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Well, they really didn't change many of the lyrics between the SA1 version and the SA2 version.. I think it's a different singer, and it has different instruments, but comparing the two lyric sheets, it's almost identical. Some lyrics are in a different part of the song on the other version, but the SA2 version is almost the same as the SA1 version. >_>

VioletSkye
Oct 21, 2003, 07:10 PM
Before I get flamed let me just say the quest is kinda cool. I do have a few gripes however. First, collision detection has been thrown out the window. I don't like having to stand right next to an enemy to kill it. The fact that I can't shoot over fire to kill an enemy is ridiculous not to mention that there are times my char is right in front of an enemy (with no obstacles between us) and I can't hit it even though it is targeted. Secondly (here is where most will disagree) I can't stand the tune that plays during the quest. Why oh why does ST insist on piping moronic teeny bop songs during so many quests? Its so cheesy that for a moment I thought 80's teen star Tiffany haad come out of retirement LOL. Alot of their tunes sound like 80's rejects http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif That said, it was cool to see the Hallo-rappies since I bought the game earlier this year and missed out last Halloween. All in all its a fun quest.

AquaFlare7
Oct 21, 2003, 07:12 PM
can I do this on any difficulty?

JohanCC
Oct 21, 2003, 08:31 PM
There's two different songs, one is the City Escape theme from SA2 that plays in the jungle version. The other that plays in the Mountian/Seaside version.. I'm not sure where it's from.

Also, if a candle is inbetween you and an enemy (not necessaraly(sp) directly) It can be hard to hit them, or for them to hit you. The Hallo Rappies in the quest can never be hit, and the Merillia and Meriltas can't be sitting when they're attacked.

I hope this helps...

goldbrease
Oct 21, 2003, 09:03 PM
no one has told me what the lemon cake is for yet!!!!!!!!!

goldbrease
Oct 21, 2003, 09:07 PM
i still don't know what the lemon cake is for why does everybody doge the topic?

LollipopLolita
Oct 21, 2003, 09:23 PM
you don't need to bump this and you don't need two posts. maybe no one knows yet? ok?

Valleo
Oct 22, 2003, 09:39 AM
For gods sake quit whining. The lemon cake is just like any other cake, and can be counted towards your total of 8 cakes. If theres any other use for it I havent found it. It seems to be just a bonus cake.

Also, it appears that, like the Jack O Lanterns, you can only obtain 1 lemon cake per character.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Valleo on 2003-10-22 07:40 ]</font>

TheSlayer
Oct 22, 2003, 09:44 AM
Ahhh, another thing I haven't heard before. So are you saying that a character can only have one Jack o lantern ?

Valleo
Oct 22, 2003, 10:21 AM
No, Im saying a player can only GET 1 Jack O Lantern.

TheSlayer
Oct 22, 2003, 10:36 AM
Now you've confused me. A player meaning me having four characters can only get one Jack (Not even per character) ? Find that difficult to believe. I've never heard that before

Valleo
Oct 22, 2003, 11:22 AM
Sorry. Each character can get 1 Jack O Lantern, and 1 Lemon cake. However you can continue to do the quest to get the regular cakes with your character even if he already got his Jack and Lemon cake. The thing being you will need to transfer all cakes to anotehr char to get your next Jack O Lantern.

So if you have 4 characters, you can get 4 Jacks. Also, if you have an extra space on your card, you can make infinite junk chars, give them some cakes and get another Jack as many times as you recreate him/her. Be sure to take some decent leveled friends with you though. I dont recommend taking a level one char into CCA.

VulpesMundi
Oct 22, 2003, 03:53 PM
On 2003-10-21 18:31, JohanCC wrote:
The other that plays in the Mountian/Seaside version.. I'm not sure where it's from.

That's Tail's theme from SA1. It's titled Believe in Myself.

LamerPanda
Oct 22, 2003, 04:30 PM
The cake quest is the easiest way to get lanterns, but if no one wants to play, you can do the plain ol' rappy hunting, too. No one mentions that anymore. o_0 I got my first lantern by Rappy and the second by the quest.

I'm happy with what I have, but I have a pile of leftover apple marmalade chocolate cakes now because I refuse to throw them out. Eh.