PDA

View Full Version : Videogames VS real life

neko-chan
Oct 21, 2003, 10:36 AM
Ryo Hazuki was a lot luckier than this guy (http://www.kero.it/fede/junk/shen.avi) (6 Megabytes .avi video, requires DivX codec).

Sorry in advance if it sounds old to you, I've just found it out and I thought it looks amusing. ^_^

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: neko-chan on 2003-10-21 14:11 ]</font>

Kizaragu
Oct 21, 2003, 01:41 PM
25 meg!?
On my Dial-up that'd take a decade to Download. What's it about? Someone going on a similar cliched 'I must avenge my fathers death' like Ryu in shenmue but IRL? Plus not livinng throught the experience?

I don't know how true this is, but I recieved a text from Deathsythealpha stating that (His name escapes me at the moment) the creator of Shenmue has no plans on making Shenmu 3.
This is an even bigger disapointment to me, because out of boredom, i finally got round to completing No.2

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kizaragu on 2003-10-21 11:44 ]</font>

neko-chan
Oct 21, 2003, 03:13 PM
On 2003-10-21 11:41, Kizaragu wrote:
25 meg!?
On my Dial-up that'd take a decade to Download. What's it about? Someone going on a similar cliched 'I must avenge my fathers death' like Ryu in shenmue but IRL? Plus not livinng throught the experience?

Heh, you're quite right about it. ^_^; Also, I encoded the video and made it smaller. It's 6 Megabytes circa now.

I don't know how true this is, but I recieved a text from Deathsythealpha stating that (His name escapes me at the moment) the creator of Shenmue has no plans on making Shenmu 3.
This is an even bigger disapointment to me, because out of boredom, i finally got round to completing No.2

Yu Suzuki. Only God knows if he'll ever be able to produce the third game. I really hope so, though, I loved the first two games. But SEGA's still in troubled times, so the company must focus on games able to sell a lot of copies. And Shenmue has never been one of them. ^_^;

Scejntjynahl
Oct 21, 2003, 03:31 PM
Damn this was hilarious, thanks Neko-chan http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Kizaragu
Oct 21, 2003, 03:59 PM
That Video was pure genius. Cheers for reducing the size.
"Would you like to try a game of lucky hit?" http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
The ending was pretty imaginative too.

I thought Sega had actually been performing well of late though? Unless I'm wrong?
They can't just leave Shenmue on Number 2.
We're so close to the end! One more game to go. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kizaragu on 2003-10-21 14:01 ]</font>

Kent
Oct 21, 2003, 07:37 PM
...That was just stupid.

ShadowLord
Oct 22, 2003, 02:24 AM
On 2003-10-21 17:37, Kent wrote:
...That was just stupid.

Thank you and come again when you have something worthwhile to say. ^_^

As for me, the first Shenmue was an oddity, something that hadn't been done before. That's why I liked it. The second...was just more of the same. They really didn't do much with it except advance the story. My appoligies to anyone who did like the story, but it's just not enough to play through a whole game for.

Might look at the vid sometime though. Could still be funny...

Kizaragu
Oct 22, 2003, 06:53 AM
I thought Shenmu 2 was just as exciting as the previouse game.
There was some Absolute gaming classics moments in there. The only thing I was disapointed with, was the fact theyre wasn't as much Exploring of rooms and objects.
In the first you could pick a majority of items up and check them out, but they didn't have as much of this in the sequel. But it's still a classic.

rena-ko
Oct 22, 2003, 07:23 AM
second part was too much 'hush hush lets speed this up a little' - i wanted to explore hong kong a bit more, darn it.

for the movie - awesome thing *still laughing*

Xiu_Hazuki
Oct 22, 2003, 09:27 AM
Shenmue has to be the oddest game out there! I mean, for me, Ryo would say something like this.

"Hello, I'm on a quest to avenge my father's death and most likely find true love like all amazing quests do. It will be full of action, suspense, drama, and comedy! And I will do all of this...right after I finish work and buy 42 new toys from the quarter machine, feed my cat, and practice my martial arts for hours on end in a vacant lot."

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Kizaragu
Oct 22, 2003, 01:59 PM
'Do you know Where I can find some Sailors?' http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
Funniest gaming moment... Ever!

Kent
Oct 22, 2003, 04:31 PM
On 2003-10-22 00:24, ShadowLord wrote:

...That was just stupid.

...Are you insinuating that my opinion is not worthwhile?

ShadowLord
Oct 22, 2003, 09:55 PM
On 2003-10-22 14:31, Kent wrote:

On 2003-10-22 00:24, ShadowLord wrote:

...That was just stupid.

...Are you insinuating that my opinion is not worthwhile?

When it is nothing more than four words insulting the topic of discussion, giving no insight into your opinion, and basically adding nothing to the conversation then, yes, it is of absolutely no value to me.

Kent
Oct 22, 2003, 11:37 PM
You can stop flamebaiting now. I just posted my opinion, that's no reason to start making feeble attemps at belittling me.

BlackCanaryOfDeath
Oct 24, 2003, 03:47 PM
I'm only getting the first ten seconds of video and most of the audio. It sounds funny enough.

Xiu_Hazuki
Oct 25, 2003, 12:30 AM
Prehaps you don't have the correct codecs. For Codecs, the best option is downloading DivX player. You don't have to view the movies with the player, but it gives you any codecs you might need for your other applications.

ShadowLord
Oct 26, 2003, 03:39 AM
Don't try to make me look like the bad person in this Kent. Admittedly, I do a terrible job of relating my ideas most of the time (I appear to be an asshole quite often), but all I was trying to say was if you're going to post have some meaning to it. Don't just stick in four words that don't contribute much of anything to the conversation. None of us are better off for having read those four words. Maybe I do appear as if I'm trying to insult you...maybe I am in the wrong here. But this is also my opinion. I'm not gonna post anymore on this though, as I have nothing more to add to the topic at hand.

Kent
Oct 26, 2003, 05:25 AM
I'm not trying to make you look like a bad person...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kent on 2003-10-26 02:31 ]</font>

Wewt
Oct 26, 2003, 07:40 AM
On 2003-10-24 22:30, Xiu_Hazuki wrote:
Prehaps you don't have the correct codecs. For Codecs, the best option is downloading DivX player. You don't have to view the movies with the player, but it gives you any codecs you might need for your other applications.

DivX player... burn it. I use VLC :l

BlackCanaryOfDeath
Oct 26, 2003, 08:39 PM
Yeah thanks. I guess my codecs weren't the latest.