PDA

View Full Version : GC-Quest: Halloween 2003 different from Halloween 2002

Barubary6
Oct 21, 2003, 04:57 PM
I did a comparison of the data files of the 2003 Halloween quest with the 2002 Halloween quest, and found that they are different. I don't know *what* is different yet; I only know that they are.

I will take a look at the quest program later to see if there is anything interesting.

Has anyone here seen anything different?

-- Barubary

Kujin
Oct 21, 2003, 06:53 PM
Yes, I noticed this last night. I remember last year that the kind of cake you got was tied to what section ID one had. Last night, a few friends and I did some tests and we each got the same cake from the last run, and we all had different section IDs than the previous.

The two characters I tested were on different memory cards, and I got the same cake from the quest.

Although I did not do much testing, I came to the conclusion that the kind of cake you get comes from your HL or Serial Code somehow.. but I may be wrong, just a bit of a farfetched hypothesis.

Hope this helps any.

-- Kuj

EDIT : Typos..

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kujin on 2003-10-21 16:54 ]</font>

LollipopLolita
Oct 21, 2003, 07:04 PM
that's right, last year it was based on section id's. which is why our guide said so originally and then i got slammed by emails saying psow guides suck. okay well then don't look at them? one fo these days it's gonna annoy me enough to not do guides or content anymore.

also there is something different between xbox and gc but i am still trying to figure out exactly what.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: LollipopLolita on 2003-10-21 17:13 ]</font>

Kujin
Oct 21, 2003, 07:15 PM
Is the XBOX version based on Section IDs? I don't have an XBOX so I have no information about it. But that is just a guess because XBOX didn't have the quest last year, so maybe a possibility? Or maybe because your HL and Serial Number is different from XBOX and GC, you get a different cake between the two consoles?

Oh yeah, I also forgot to mention earlier.. On the second run of the quest last night, all of the Hallo Rappies that appear in the quest were all Love Rappies. It was very strange, a friend of mine that was on the team took pics, he'll probably send me some of them later tonight.

Has anybody else seen Love Rappy replace all of the Hallo Rappies in this quest?

I know nothing about looking at the quest's "data files." My theory about Serial Numbers and HL sounds correct it seems though. Any comments on this?

LollipopLolita
Oct 21, 2003, 07:23 PM
i suspect that on xbox it might be a different cake each time you play, but i'm not sure. can someone help confirm this?

about hallo rappies appearing as love rappies, it's also been reported on some japanese boards.

Kujin
Oct 21, 2003, 07:37 PM
I'm starting to wonder if the prize for this quest is the same as last year; as it seems more difficult to get 8 different cakes on your own. Anyone out there beat this yet? I just need 2 more cakes..

RadHaz
Oct 21, 2003, 07:48 PM
All the rappies my team saw last night were love rappies. GameCube, US.

Barubary6
Oct 21, 2003, 07:54 PM
On 2003-10-21 17:48, RadHaz wrote:
All the rappies my team saw last night were love rappies. GameCube, US.

Make sure you play on a server whose lobbies are in Halloween mode. For whatever reason, the Antares and Deneb ships keep resetting themselves to normal mode.

-- Barubary

RadHaz
Oct 21, 2003, 08:11 PM
Oh, that's right, we ran off to a JP ship. (^^;;

DOG21313
Oct 21, 2003, 08:19 PM
They were love rappies for me, I played tonight, and it was in Jungle... I heard you can get different stages, is this true?

Oh, and BTW: DONT EVER STOP MAKING GUIDES!!! PSOW was down on my computer for awhile, and I was searching for a halloween guide, and had to go to PSOQuest, and they don't even have one for TTF and Gallons Treachary yet! Its horible!! PSOW is the one I'm sticking with.

Sockey
Oct 21, 2003, 08:36 PM
I finished it and got a pumkin with a heart of a chu chu.

SammaeltheDark
Oct 21, 2003, 08:46 PM
I haven't had many problems getting 8 cakes on my own. I joined in 3 games as Sammael and had 8 different cakes. I traded off any spares to Nyare, ran the quest two more times, and had another 8. I want to say that Sammael is Purplenum & Nyare is Greenill, but they both got the same type of cake.

As for the Hallo Rappies appearing as Love Rappies, I noticed it happening in the Halloween quest with Sammael on Deneb 9, but after I logged off and switched to Nyare, they were back to normal.

Raziel_Kai
Oct 22, 2003, 12:28 AM
I did the quest first thing I got home today and I saw all the rappies as Love rappies (I actually tried to attack the first one you come across... heheheh, what a dummy I am). Then I did the quest one more time, all the rappies were back to Hallo mode.

And I found it weird that the first time I did the quest I got a Marmalade+Pineapple Sponge cake (with Raz, whose ID is Purplenum), logged out, came back in with Vryce (Greenil ID) and got the exact same cake! I was confused but instead of complaining, I just waited for a couple of pals to show up and do the quest yet a couple of times more (thanks go to Auracom, Samurai, Debonair, sir paladin and Firebolt!).
After that, I managed to get my Jack o Lantern.

And I might add that after 15 tries and 50 telepipes, not a single Hallo rappy has shown up yet.
Patience!

And the ship I was on? Deneb... Deneb 4-1 to be exact.

Nightmarexlc
Oct 22, 2003, 01:16 AM
Yeah was REALLY creepy this morning, some Mates and me were making a mad dash for cakes, and such.

But the lobbies all turned into Hallo lobbies one by one... it was way weird, like a virus or something lol!
And yeah Love rappies as Hallo rappies... then several hours later Hallo rappies @_@, well I also heard any 8 cakes will net ya the Pumpkin, so i'm going to log on now and have some Pumpkin pie http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Also...THERE'S TALKING PUMPKINS IN DA LOBBIES O_o SAVE ME PWEEZ!!!!

Balbarei
Oct 22, 2003, 01:37 AM
yea, Love Rappys is only in Very Hard mode rest i Hallo Rappys, i saw my yesterday!

Benzine
Oct 22, 2003, 02:11 AM
Just a thought, maybe the quest was modified to make it easier to port between platforms, hence the unexplained changes.

As of the time of this post, the xbox halloween cake quest is NOT up unless I plain just can't find it. I checked every ship in ep1 and ep2 games, no luck whatsoever. Is it under it's own heading like "Holiday" or something. We have the headings of retrieval, extermination, shops, and VR (vr quests on 3 ships only).

Our current situation is kind of odd though. 3 of our ships have the new VR quests, and the other 2 ships have halloween decorations and hallo rappies. I'd expect the halloween ships to get the halloween quest, especially since our MOTD has promised it on 10/21 for a few days now. Silly psox enjoys taunting us, I guess. :|

As soon as (if...) I can check it out, I'll post up on the forums what I can learn about the xbox quest.

P.S. lollipop, I truly enjoy the guides that are on this site. While any human endeavor is bound to have mistakes, this does not mean the endeavor should not be undertaken. The silent but appreciative masses far outweigh the yahoo's who like to complain or take pleasure in pointing out the mistakes of others. All in all, thanks for the effort it takes to maintain this site.

-bz

RadHaz
Oct 22, 2003, 02:21 AM
I heartily agree!
Without this site, and the work that goes into it, I would have a difficult time in PSO.

On 2003-10-22 00:11, Benzine wrote:

P.S. lollipop, I truly enjoy the guides that are on this site. While any human endeavor is bound to have mistakes, this does not mean the endeavor should not be undertaken. The silent but appreciative masses far outweigh the yahoo's who like to complain or take pleasure in pointing out the mistakes of others. All in all, thanks for the effort it takes to maintain this site.

-bz

TheSlayer
Oct 22, 2003, 03:42 AM
The question in the secret Rappy meeting has changed as compared to your guide to. When you answer the question, the rappy says 'Well done.Your prize is.......I don't know yet.Come back again soon'

Do not know what this is ?? Anyone have any ideas ?

Sailor_V_64
Oct 22, 2003, 04:37 AM
i think they took it down because xbox pso's don't have serial numbers.

Jack
Oct 22, 2003, 04:49 AM
No, but they do have Gamertags in place of them.

TheSlayer
Oct 22, 2003, 05:26 AM
What have the serial numbers/gamertags have to do with the prize anyway ? Pardon my ignorance, but I just thought that you got a lemon cake and dont really know why a number/tag would effect this

Proto_Coyote
Oct 22, 2003, 05:37 AM
On 2003-10-22 02:37, Sailor_V_64 wrote:
i think they took it down because xbox pso's don't have serial numbers.

Yes, exactly what are you getting at? I don't think a serial/gamertag has any relevance to this quest, or any other for that matter.

muff
Oct 22, 2003, 07:00 AM
On 2003-10-22 01:42, TheSlayer wrote:
The question in the secret Rappy meeting has changed as compared to your guide to. When you answer the question, the rappy says 'Well done.Your prize is.......I don't know yet.Come back again soon'

Do not know what this is ?? Anyone have any ideas ?

When I did this with S N K, he had given the other rappy all the cakes. We then left and came back, I talked to the rappy again, he modified the cake I had in my inventory and I got lemon cake.

Tellax
Oct 22, 2003, 07:12 AM
Just to clear it up, when you have spoken to the 'lemon cake' rappy proceed to the cake sisters and get their cakes. Then return to the rappy before you return to pioneer 2 and give the rappy a taste of your cakes - he will give you the lemon cake and then you can pipe up to Pioneer II and give the sisters cakes to the woman with the kids to get the extra cakes.

The person who said they have been piping for a Halo Rappy, you know piping doesn't work online right?

Lastly Love rappies will appear if your game is created as a Episode I game, make a episode II game and Halo rappies will appear instead - happens anywhere and is not reseting.

TheSlayer
Oct 22, 2003, 08:00 AM
Thanks for clearing that up, but just one question.What does the lemon cake give you that the others don't ? Is there any advantage in having the lemon cake ?

Stan64
Oct 22, 2003, 08:18 AM
1. Can you find halo Rappies in Temple-runs?

2. Did someone ever notice my "Today's Rate" research? I have alot info and tips and one item that isn't mentioned in your guide in that quest.

3. I didn't see any Halo Rappies in the quest. GC, EU-Antares-05.

TheSlayer
Oct 22, 2003, 08:27 AM
You can find hallo rappies in temple runs when creating a epII 2 game from a lobby with halloween decorations.They are VERY rare to find. They take the place of a rappy, so if you see a normal rappy then start again. Check the two rooms in either variation of the temple that contain Rappys, if you only see normal rappys, quit the game and start again.

Hallo rappies are everywhere in the halloween quest, but they don't drop jacks like the ones in the temple.They just make you small

caut10n
Oct 22, 2003, 08:45 AM
I thought this thread was about the variations between last year's quest (GC) and this year's AND the possible differences between completion requirements on GC and XB.

Anyway, if it is, I have not yet been able to find the quest on X-Box. Last time I checked was about 930EST US last night (Tuesday).

Anyone else?

ohh, edit, on the XB splash screen when you scroll down, you see the announcement of the quest, and it says "10 cakes and get a surprise"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: caut10n on 2003-10-22 06:46 ]</font>

TheSlayer
Oct 22, 2003, 09:02 AM
Ha, 10 cakes. No wonder ever bugger's confused. I played it on EU last night and traded 8 cakes.As far as I know, it's still there.

goldbrease
Oct 22, 2003, 09:16 AM
10 cakes....... mabe theres a 10th cake to obtain a special way and youle get a realy weird item if you had 8 player cakes a lemon cake and the 10th mystery cake to the rappy? otherwise i have no clue what the lemon cake is for someone told me you cant feed it to the rappy.

TheSlayer
Oct 22, 2003, 09:27 AM
You give the lemon cake to the mysterious hidden lemon rappy who offers you a burger cake and a hot dog cake (He only likes lemon cakes, you see). Take these two with your other 8 and you have your 10 cakes where ..... I won't tell you what you get for them.

Oh, you can add that to your guide as well.

Stan64
Oct 22, 2003, 11:10 AM
10 Cakes?!? O_O

I have one:
Potato...
Butter cream...
A rare cheesecake!

What do the others have in them and what is the names of all...10!?

zimmk2vgc
Oct 22, 2003, 11:43 AM
The most important question of all...are these halloween thingys up on the EU servers? Is it possible to see hallo rappys on the EU servers.

tnman
Oct 22, 2003, 11:43 AM
On 2003-10-22 05:12, Tellax wrote:

The person who said they have been piping for a Halo Rappy, you know piping doesn't work online right?

What the hell!? Since when?!?!

Stan64
Oct 22, 2003, 11:51 AM
My post said that here was on Arctarus-5 on GC EU. I was there and both the quest and lobby decorations is there. I tried some Temple runs too but didn't get a thing. Going to temple run all day tomorrow.

Mystil
Oct 22, 2003, 11:52 AM
Well I have 10 cakes, and I'm alittle discouraged to do anything with them as I don't know what to do. And quite frankly the whole quest was a big turn off for me.

Erendell
Oct 22, 2003, 12:11 PM
How many times can you get a jack-o-lantern from the quest per char? (I've got two with two different characters so far, and i want to know if i can get more than 4)

Valleo
Oct 22, 2003, 12:47 PM
On 2003-10-22 09:43, tnman wrote:

On 2003-10-22 05:12, Tellax wrote:

What the hell!? Since when?!?!

LMAO. Since forever.

VulpesMundi
Oct 22, 2003, 03:26 PM
Let's clarify a few things...

1. You can get one lemon-frosted lemon cake (shaped like a rappy) per character. To do so take the many cakes you get from the Naura sisters to the rappy party before you take them to the lady on Pioneer 2. The answer to the question how many rappies are there is 25. You will then be given the lemon cake.

2. The lemon cake acts like any other cake. It's merely a bonus. It can be used as one of the eight cakes needed to receive a Jack-O'-Lantern.

3. You can get one Jack-O'-Lantern per character. Just take eight different cakes to the rappy party.

4. A Jack-O'-Lantern can be opened offline. If you don't like the MAG cell you got you can press reset and reload the data with the Jack-O'-Lantern intact. Try opening it again. Rinse and repeat.

5. Hallo Rappies replace Love Rappies online in the VR Temple as long as the Halloween lobby theme is active. Once the lobby theme is gone, the Hallo Rappies will be gone. Note: the telepipe trick does not work online (and never has).

http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/etl/pso/hallo_rappy_1.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-10-22 13:27 ]</font>

Stan64
Oct 22, 2003, 03:36 PM
Do the Hallo Rappies in VR Temple drop Jack o' Lantern?

Here is all cakes I have so far, going to exchange them soon:

Potato...
Butter cream...
A rare cheesecake!

Cherry...
Butter cream...
A sponge cake!

Banana...
Custard...
A chocolate cake!

Sliced almonds...
Marmalade...
A chocolate cake!

Apple...
Marmalade...
A chocolate cake!

It's a lemon cake!
It even has lemon on top!
It almost looks like a rappy!

Cherry...
Powdered sugar...
A chocolate cake!

Cherry...
Powdered sugar...
A sponge cake!

Apple...
Custard...
A chocolate cake!

Pineapple...
Honey...
A chocolate cake!

VulpesMundi
Oct 22, 2003, 05:10 PM
On 2003-10-22 13:36, Stan64 wrote:
Do the Hallo Rappies in VR Temple drop Jack o' Lantern?

Yes they do. But keep in mind that the Jack is not a guaranteed 100% drop (as is usually the misconception). It's closer to a 50% chance to drop.

Olga-Rappy
Oct 22, 2003, 05:37 PM
Does the Save & Quit trick still work? (Get Jack'O, S&Q, check it, if it's not the cell you want, shut off your game and try again)

Gradius
Oct 22, 2003, 06:52 PM
On 2003-10-21 14:57, Barubary6 wrote:
I did a comparison of the data files of the 2003 Halloween quest with the 2002 Halloween quest, and found that they are different. I don't know *what* is different yet; I only know that they are.

I will take a look at the quest program later to see if there is anything interesting.

Has anyone here seen anything different?

-- Barubary

Was "small mode" in the quest last year? I don't remember it being there last year.

Capricornus
Oct 23, 2003, 03:57 AM
On 2003-10-22 15:37, Olga-Rappy wrote:
Does the Save & Quit trick still work? (Get Jack'O, S&Q, check it, if it's not the cell you want, shut off your game and try again)

yes it does, but only offline (soft reset)

Stan64
Oct 23, 2003, 04:03 AM
From what I experienced last easter the Egg Rappies had a drop rate of 85%.

VoidOfDarkness
Oct 23, 2003, 04:52 AM
Where is the Rappy meeting? I've been trying to find it... maybe you need to have 8 different cakes for it to appear?

Jack
Oct 23, 2003, 04:55 AM
Seaside - break the rocks in the second room.
Jungle East - when you clear the first room, climb up the mound on the left of the warp.

Stan64
Oct 23, 2003, 05:14 AM
It annoys me that you can use "Cake" and "Candy". I have a Candy with my Serial Number though. And it don't do anything if you use it. Tried it offline.

TheSlayer
Oct 23, 2003, 05:40 AM
Bloody hell, 50-50 drop rate ? I've spent hours at easter and hours now trying to find a holiday rappy and have never found one. I know damn well now then that when/IF I eventually run into one, it's gonna drop bugger all

Stan64
Oct 23, 2003, 05:46 AM
It's not 50/50.

85% Jack-O'-Lantern
10% Normal Item or Much Money
5% Nothing

That's what I believe. I searched for Egg Rappies 60 hours this spring only to be corrupted the day after the Easter Event and I got 8 Eggs =o(

Redfire
Oct 23, 2003, 08:25 PM
Love rappies and Halo rappies only can be found online?

I know them can be found in Ultimate dificulty offline, I'm right?

Soukosa
Oct 23, 2003, 09:08 PM
All Rappies have a 100% drop rate but nothing has a 100% chance of dropping its rare.

Love Rappies can be found offline in all difficultieis. Hallo Rappies can only be found online when ST has them activated.

VulpesMundi
Oct 23, 2003, 10:31 PM
On 2003-10-23 03:46, Stan64 wrote:
It's not 50/50.

85% Jack-O'-Lantern
10% Normal Item or Much Money
5% Nothing

That's what I believe. I searched for Egg Rappies 60 hours this spring only to be corrupted the day after the Easter Event and I got 8 Eggs =o(

Rare enemies always drop something. There is no nothing drop for them. And remember that you could theoretically flip a coin 10 times and get 10 identical results. That doesn't make it a guaranteed event. For example: I've received 3/3 Red Partisans from Whitill Pal Rappies, and that has a 50% chance to drop. I'm not saying for sure holiday rappies have a 50% chance to drop their items. But it seems to me, by how many sob stories I've heard from people getting crap off of them, that it's a safe estimate.

Soukosa
Oct 23, 2003, 11:04 PM
On 2003-10-23 20:31, VulpesMundi wrote:
I'm not saying for sure holiday rappies have a 50% chance to drop their items. But it seems to me, by how many sob stories I've heard from people getting crap off of them, that it's a safe estimate.

The Holiday Rappies have the highest probability of dropping an item that the game will allow, which is on par with the rare enemy drops of Hard and V. Hard. If you ask me, the chances of a rare showing are not fixed but can change depending on things, going by personal experience and messing with the game's data files, so I won't state any percentages.

50Cent
Oct 25, 2003, 03:26 PM
When is gonna come out for xbox????

MIATEAM
Oct 25, 2003, 06:12 PM
here you can see some pics of the love rappys:
http://www.miateam.de/cute1.2/show_news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1066827020

Made for a news article on http://www.miateam.de

Regards
Cali

HairyGoat
Oct 26, 2003, 02:25 PM
If you make a game in Episode 1 and do the quest from there, the rappies will be love rappies. If you make a game in EP II and do the quest from there, they will be halloween rappies.

AUTO_
Oct 26, 2003, 05:15 PM
On 2003-10-26 11:25, HairyGoat wrote:
If you make a game in Episode 1 and do the quest from there, the rappies will be love rappies. If you make a game in EP II and do the quest from there, they will be halloween rappies.

The rappies in the Halloween quest are randomly generated--and there is no mixing of rappies. You'll either have all love rappies or all Halloween rappies.

25 total and it is randomly created-the game doesn't mean anything.

JohanCC
Oct 26, 2003, 09:38 PM
On 2003-10-26 14:15, AUTO_ wrote:

On 2003-10-26 11:25, HairyGoat wrote:

The rappies in the Halloween quest are randomly generated--and there is no mixing of rappies. You'll either have all love rappies or all Halloween rappies.

25 total and it is randomly created-the game doesn't mean anything.

They aren't randomly generated, they are fixed NPC's. But, when You play the quest from an Ep1 game, the rappy NPC's are Love Rappies. When you play the quest in an Ep2 game, they will be Hallo Rappies, like HairyGoat said. If you don't belive me, try expirementing with it.

Malkavian
Oct 27, 2003, 11:27 AM
Special rappies can drop nothing...
I don't say it can't be because a bug or lag... but it's something that really happens.

I remember with an egg rappy I was constantly shooting with mechguns to him in the ground. At same moment he started to stand up I hit it and nothing appeared. Since then I never shoot to a rappy until I see it wakes up. I dunno if that was the reason because it didn't drop. But now I have this mania.

VulpesMundi
Oct 28, 2003, 12:21 AM
On 2003-10-27 08:27, Malkavian wrote:
I don't say it can't be because a bug or lag... but it's something that really happens.

I remember with an egg rappy I was constantly shooting with mechguns to him in the ground. At same moment he started to stand up I hit it and nothing appeared. Since then I never shoot to a rappy until I see it wakes up. I dunno if that was the reason because it didn't drop. But now I have this mania.

I'd simply say you were a victim of lag. All rare enemies have a 100% drop rate (for any item). All Rappy variants (non-rare) also have 100% drop rates. These are the only enemies in the game that you're guaranteed to get an item off of. Just remember that lag may delay a drop for seconds or even a minute. Also, lag can completely move a drop somewhere else if you're not the team leader and the enemies were out of synchronization. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Balbarei
Oct 28, 2003, 05:14 AM
On 2003-10-27 21:21, VulpesMundi wrote:

On 2003-10-27 08:27, Malkavian wrote:

I'd simply say you were a victim of lag. All rare enemies have a 100% drop rate (for any item). All Rappy variants (non-rare) also have 100% drop rates. These are the only enemies in the game that you're guaranteed to get an item off of. Just remember that lag may delay a drop for seconds or even a minute. Also, lag can completely move a drop somewhere else if you're not the team leader and the enemies were out of synchronization. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Exactly

Quixter
Oct 28, 2003, 07:15 AM
We found a halo rappy lastnight in the temple. It dropped a pumkin and it contained mag cell 213. We were playing on VH.Oh yes, XBOX version.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quixter on 2003-10-28 04:15 ]</font>

Auracom
Oct 28, 2003, 07:38 AM
I kinda noticed a pattern with the Hallo Quest. Or maybe its just stupid luck. If someone on the team is doing the quest for the first time then the Rappies will be Love Rappies. After taking all my characters through to get some Jack-o-Lanterns it has stayed true. If I were to go back and do the quest with one of my friends I already played with I think it would be a Hallo Rappy. Happen to anyone else?

rena-ko
Oct 28, 2003, 07:52 AM
to add... in a lagged game it also appears that while the rappy is running away, the hits are not counted. thus the rappy runs away without leaving its stuff.

i'd say, single player runs are the easiest way. and zonde if you have.