PDA

View Full Version : Member privalges (besides posting)

Logical2u
Oct 21, 2003, 07:36 PM
Now, I see we have 24 something something something members... and only about 1/2 have a single post count.I only see three advantage to an account, and that is Posting/Voting/Commenting.

But maybe I'm missing something. Why are there so many people without posts?

And do that many people clog the servers?

Bit
Oct 21, 2003, 07:42 PM
They just don't know what they're missing.

odie2088
Oct 21, 2003, 08:28 PM
i say if they sit there and don't have any post counts for like, oh, i'd say 6 or 7 months just so its fair in case they were on vacation or something, to just get rid of the account, i mean, why are they a member if they're just gonna let their account collect dust? wait...unless they're a dust collector...hmmm

Ketchup345
Oct 22, 2003, 05:29 AM
On 2003-10-21 18:28, odie2088 wrote:
i say if they sit there and don't have any post counts for like, oh, i'd say 6 or 7 months just so its fair in case they were on vacation or something, to just get rid of the account, i mean, why are they a member if they're just gonna let their account collect dust? wait...unless they're a dust collector...hmmm

I think they said a while ago that there are other things that members can do, but I forget exactly what that was (possibly read some news, customize settings, confirm item findings). Also, since it moved to Gamespy they have as much room as they need.

Zaneatron
Oct 22, 2003, 01:03 PM
i think anyone can vote in polls, e.g. on the front page, if that was what your talking about logical, because i think i did it a few times before i became a member. also lots of anonymous psople comment on those as well, hence not having an account/being logged in.
it would be nice if there were other privelages we could have, but what could they be? short of everyone being a mod?

Soukosa
Oct 22, 2003, 02:16 PM
On 2003-10-22 11:03, Zaneatron wrote:
i think anyone can vote in polls, e.g. on the front page

You don't have to be registered to vote in the first poll but for the character battle you have to be.

Zaneatron
Oct 22, 2003, 04:01 PM
that seems weird, what difference does it make? one is on the actual games and the other is a bit of fun. i would have thought it would be the other way around. but who know what mysterious things go on inside the admins brains........

Soukosa
Oct 22, 2003, 05:13 PM
I'm guessing that they keep the battle one to just registered members to keep people from voting more than once.