PDA

View Full Version : armor question

flueggy
Oct 21, 2003, 08:38 PM
that when you look at some weapons and armors, and shields, there's smothing like this, (example)custom frame v.0.0: DFP: 82-89, what does the small dash actually mean? i heard that that particular armor can be very bad or good, suppue that you have 3 custom frames and:
custom frame number 1: DFP 85
number 2:DFP:89
and number 3:DFP: 82
is this what the dash really mean in "82-89", if so does every single armor have a possibility to be bad or good, or just the ones like the custom frame you know "82-89" please help i'm cofused and worried

StrongBad
Oct 21, 2003, 08:47 PM
Im not exactly sure about this either. I think it means the DFP can range from that amount, like not all the shields and armours have a set amount of stats. Is it the same thing for weapons too? Like in the database some weapons ex:Meteor Cudgel, for ATP is says 300-560. What does that mean?

Loser
Oct 21, 2003, 09:20 PM
It means that those stats can range from say 780-900.

Benzine
Oct 22, 2003, 03:08 AM
All rare armors and shields are not created equal, hence the range of numbers. This is the low and high end of the possible stats.

Dragon_Knight
Oct 22, 2003, 08:29 AM
Yea, armors and shields have a range which they can be when its white, the stat is at is base when its green it can be something higher. However I don't think weapons can range the same way, as EVERY weapon I've collected will have the same stats as every other idenitcal weapons barring any grinds added on. So maybe thats why they have that particular range on weapons.

Stalfos333
Oct 22, 2003, 10:23 AM
The range given for weapons is damage variation. Something like a Toy Hammer has a wide range, and does almost random damage. If a weapon has no range, it does the same damage every time, discounting critical hits.

This also determines the effects of Shifta, as told in a previous topic on this forum. The larger the variance, the higher the upper range after shifta.

flueggy
Oct 25, 2003, 06:30 PM
so if i get a DF field, no matter what, its going to have the stats that psow says it has?

Rep0
Oct 25, 2003, 07:21 PM
On 2003-10-25 16:30, flueggy wrote:
so if i get a DF field, no matter what, its going to have the stats that psow says it has?

No

PSOW's stats for DF Field:
DFP + 240
EVP + 144

My DF Field:
DFP+ 250
EVP+154

Hrith
Oct 25, 2003, 09:54 PM
I don't really know what they mean as far as weapons are concerned, but as for armours I know this :

Rare armours' DFP and EVP both can vary for more or less 54. i.e. if the base value for a rare armour is DFP+230, the best this armour can get is DFP+284, but you need to be very lucky !
This applies to any rare Armour or Shield's DFP and EVP.
So it's not always fair to compare armours just like that, for instance my LUMINOUS FIELD is better than most of the AURA FIELD I've seen.

You need to create the armour yourself -- via PAR or whatever -- so it has no bonus and makes comparing fair.

Armours and shields made from merging items (BRIGHTNESS CIRCLE, PARASITE WEAR series, SAFETY HEART, etc.) will always have their base value, which kinda sux... cuz there's no way a VIRUS ARMOR:Lafuteria (highest Lv requirement armour in game) can compare to a good DF FIELD, ELECTRO FRAME, LUMINOUS FIELD, let alone AURA FIELD.

Ketchup345
Oct 26, 2003, 10:36 AM
For Defensive items:
The - means that that particular stat can be in a range of those two numbers.
Example:
xxxxx Frame
DFP: 1-10
EVP: 1-10

This means that you may find one with 5 DFP and 8 EVP, another with 2 DFP and 10 EVP, and another with 7DFP and 4 EVP.
The ones you buy in the shop are always the lowest possible (1 DFP, 1 EVP in the example). This site doesn't have all the numbers for defensive items correct (has fixed stats for some items that really have a range).

For Weapons:
The - means that the ATP added in one attack can vary.
Example:
Saber
40-50 ATP added

This means that one attack may hit adding 42 ATP, the next 50 ATP, and the last may hit for 47 ATP. That is why there is a difference for damage on the same enemy.

Olga-Rappy
Oct 26, 2003, 06:32 PM
And then there's slots...