PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone going to defect from PSO to Final Fantasy XI when

HiroshaHUmar
Oct 21, 2003, 08:44 PM
I definetly will not defect. You have to pay so much for FFXI. Including a Hardrive. And IMO, it's basically EverQuest with the undeserving words "Final Fantasy XI" on it. What are your plans?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: HiroshaHUmar on 2003-10-21 18:45 ]</font>

StryderPSO
Oct 21, 2003, 08:52 PM
well i beta tested it and it got boring after about 24 hours since no one was really interested in talking, it was all about XP and stuff...but maybe the realy version will be better, i get a free one since i beta tested it

GJ
Oct 21, 2003, 10:16 PM
Well all I can say is that SE has desideded NOT to realese FFXI in the UK (yet) due to not enough broadband coverage, blame BT for that ppl!!!! This will seriusly put a spanner in PS2's online gameplay world here in the UK for sure now

CrimsonII2
Oct 21, 2003, 10:37 PM
well, first off I do plan on buying the game, hard drive and all, but I'll be playing both if I can afford any monthly fees that come from ffxi, allthough imo they shouldn't charge anything when you have to buy the hard drive, and the game (or rather install disc) in order to play the game, so I won't leave pso, unless something happens like my characters get corrupted multiple times again (had that happen back in june, 4 corrupts in 1 month to be exact, and luckily had a lot of stuff saved on a back up card, not dupes, but the originals, and so I just worked back up, but I don't think I could deal with it happening again)

EvilNixon666
Oct 21, 2003, 10:41 PM
If you get it for the PC, you won't need that PS2 hard drive. I believe the hard drive comes with the game anyway, much to the delight of fanboys everywhere.

I will get it for the PC. I like PSO, but after playing it for 2-3 years, I've had a good run, and I'm moving on. Plus, the whole duping/multi-equip thing is annoying. Also, I am tired of the crummy service sonic team provides for the servers.

I've had a few friends that beta tested it, and kept journals of their adventures. It sounds like it's going to be great.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EvilNixon666 on 2003-10-21 20:41 ]</font>

Reenee
Oct 21, 2003, 11:12 PM
-PSO has had its run. 2 and a half years is enough. I've missed out on many games. THIS WAS THE ONLY GAME I'VE PLAYED, BASICALLY.

-FFXI...always been a fan of Final Fantasy. A very, very close friend of mine will get it on PC first. I want to play alongside her.

-No cheating. 'Nuff said.

-Just lots to do. I will be a Taru Taru Ninja, sadasses!

-Already got the PS2 and Network Adapter on hand. $100 more and I'm done. Bless Sony for letting my keyboard and mouse from my G4 to work with my PS2.

Captain_Dude
Oct 21, 2003, 11:57 PM
I'm getting FFXI, I'm playing Diablo 2. And I still plan on Playing PSO.

Hell, It's only gotten about 240 hours of play since I got it. Time to put that sucker to use! So yeah. I'mo be an MOPGing freak. ph33r!

Reenee
Oct 22, 2003, 12:18 AM
Can I just say this game appears to be INSANELY DEEP?! I'm reading up on updates and such, and...jebus, it's got better frickin' replay value than Vice City.

Kent
Oct 22, 2003, 01:12 AM
I've already got the PC version preordered, but I'll probably still play some PSO still...

eXo
Oct 22, 2003, 04:37 AM
* Im putting on my jumping shoes as we speak FFXI here i come * http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Xiu_Hazuki
Oct 22, 2003, 09:13 AM
Well in six days when I get the PC version, I'll still be playing PSO. Its not like ANYONE can just walk out on PSO right away. Its an addiction, and going cold turkey never works. Of course, then the FFXI addiction sets in. I'm almost immediately going to start a clan on FFXI. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

5KY
Oct 22, 2003, 06:18 PM
This is an issue i have been stressing on.
I m addicted to PSO and i love final fantasy
I won't have time to play both as i m a full time university student part time worker.

GOD oh GOD, I need 48 hrs per day ...72 is cool too.

neko-chan
Oct 22, 2003, 06:20 PM
Oh, yes, you bet that I'm going to defect. Fo shizzle. ^_^

Almost three years of this shit... sheesh, can't believe I spent all this time slaughtering the same monsters over and over. Not to mention all the time I've spent browsing PSO related forums, and chatting with people on IM about PSO. D'oh!

I just hope to not get addicted to FFXI as much as I was with PSO. After playing the beta for a while, I realized that FFXI is a game that literally consumes your time. It's even worse than PSO. >_>;

Cerris
Oct 22, 2003, 06:30 PM
i don play ff, cept 4 the tactics 1s, so no worries!

(hopefully this will get rid of some spammers in pso! the ffxi that is)

Aunt_Betty
Oct 22, 2003, 09:51 PM
When the pso servers go down for good i`ll see what is out there.

Nerd
Oct 22, 2003, 10:07 PM
I would defect BUT...I WON'T buy a game that is ONLINE only... I won't have broadband forever. Living expenses are terrible here in Cali, but no one wants to hear THAT sob-story http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Xiu_Hazuki
Oct 23, 2003, 10:16 AM
I like the online only feature. That means your character is stored on the server, thus its really really hard for anyone to cheat. Plus they already released an Expansion in JP so its going to be updated often. And yes, the PS2 version will have the option of being bundled with the harddrive for 99.99.

In any case...I am somewhat sad that the "elves" of FFXI are the powerhouses, not the agile archers they should be. But the game looks good, and with the expansions and updates that SHOULD be released to America too, it should keep getting better too.

This is the PC version I'm talking about of course. With the harddrive, the PS2 version should be able to get updates too...not sure about the expansion though. I'm not sure how they'd work that. It will all be figured out in due time.

Btw, 5 more days til I get FFXI!

_Sinue_
Oct 23, 2003, 04:49 PM
No, I won't. At it's core.. FFXI is really nothing more than the same old XP grind. It's like "EverQuest Done Right". Even so.. I'm just not looking for that kind of game. I want to get the PS2 HDD when it comes out.. so I probably will buy the bundle pack. I'll give it a try for however long the free trial lasts, but I'm definately not quitting PSO over it.

I'm waiting for True Fantasy Live Online. It takes a different approach to MMORPGs than what all these EQ clones are. Combat is enhanced.. still turn based, but (according to Level5) is going to have enough action in it to the point where you don't even realize there's a pause. Leveling up is gone.. instead, you increase skills and attributes through practice. You'll become just as muscle bound cutting and carrying wood all day as you would fighting monsters. (Although chopping wood doesn't increase your weapon proficencies) The choices on how you play your character determine their outcome. Eat alot.. and grow fat. Do a lot of strenuous activity, and your muscles will increase and gain definition. Read alot, and you'll become smarter. Your character is shaped not just by your initial customization (which I hear from sneak peaks and previews just blows FFXI, PSO, and all the others out of the water) but by how you play the game.

Plus, you have a ton of side activities. If you need extra cash.. you can go around town doing chores for people. Too much stuff you've collected? Set up a shop and sell it all.. or just set up a trade stand to buy and sell exotic wares from the adventurers that come through. You're given a sparce and barren house when you start the game.. which over time you can furnish and arrange to your likeing.

You can also tame your own beasts for mounts. Anything from Horses, to Camels, to Mules, to even monsters and dragons.

The game is just drenched with charm and style too.

http://www.gamershell.com/imagefolio/gallery/XBox/True_Fantasy_Live_Online/TrueFantasyLiveOnlineXbox53.jpg

http://www.gamershell.com/imagefolio/gallery/XBox/True_Fantasy_Live_Online/TrueFantasyLiveOnlineXbox43.jpg
YESS!! They have Afro's in TFLO!!

martian_man
Oct 23, 2003, 05:48 PM
i wont but i will buy it.a decent mmorpg is legendofmir

neko-chan
Oct 23, 2003, 06:00 PM
On 2003-10-23 15:48, martian_man wrote:
i wont but i will buy it.a decent mmorpg is legendofmir

Legend of Mir? Nah... the company running the service in Europe is known for not paying the fee to the Korean game developer. Hence: lack of updates.

In addition there's a small amount of people taking care of the game. Therefore: crappy customers service. Stay away from that. Game Network sucks.

martian_man
Oct 23, 2003, 06:06 PM
sure GN sux but the game is good,then agen,i dont play any more lol

neko-chan
Oct 23, 2003, 06:08 PM
On 2003-10-23 16:06, martian_man wrote:
sure GN sux

Indeed. ^_^

martian_man
Oct 23, 2003, 06:15 PM
indeed ^_^

indeed indeed lol

Mr_Hero
Oct 24, 2003, 01:28 AM
I might be leaving PSO for FFXI. Already canceled my HL. I'll have to buy a new PC first.

BogusKun
Oct 24, 2003, 01:08 PM
On 2003-10-21 20:41, EvilNixon666 wrote:
If you get it for the PC, you won't need that PS2 hard drive. I believe the hard drive comes with the game anyway, much to the delight of fanboys everywhere.

I will get it for the PC. I like PSO, but after playing it for 2-3 years, I've had a good run, and I'm moving on. Plus, the whole duping/multi-equip thing is annoying. Also, I am tired of the crummy service sonic team provides for the servers.

I've had a few friends that beta tested it, and kept journals of their adventures. It sounds like it's going to be great.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EvilNixon666 on 2003-10-21 20:41 ]</font>

Money can be a hit in the dick, but the PC is the one I'll be going for... See you there.

raiden999
Oct 25, 2003, 11:42 PM
First of all, just to clear it up... the ps2 version is gonna be pre-installed on the HDD (if I read right... but it being released in March, alot could happen between now and then) with the expansion, so your just payin $100 for the HDD, though i'm sure you'll get a re-install disk incase something happens http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif... Anyways, in 2 days now (really 3, but only for about 30 minutes) I'll be on the PC version having my fun on it, probobly not even thinking about PSO.

LamerPanda
Oct 26, 2003, 12:15 AM
Sorta?

I'm not cancelling my HL, I'm going to play both. n_n I can handle $22 a month for two games.

AUTO_
Oct 26, 2003, 06:01 PM
I think the real question for me is:

'Will I quit playing PSO Ep. I & II after episode III is out?'

...and I answer...

"No."

PSO has become so routine in my life over the past 3 years that I don't even think about playing it as a game (not saying I roleplay on it). I just get whatever spare time I have to log onto PSO or PSOW to see what's the latest.

I don't really think I'm addicted to PSO, because after "doing" it for over 3 years...it's become as routine as brushing my teeth--and I'm not really addicted to brushing my teeth.

If I had a lot of money, a BBA connection, and more of an interest for a midievil type MMORPG like FFXI, I would probably buy it. But that EQ hybrid has really grown old on me--so another slapped with the Final Fantasy label on it isn't going to do much for me.

Besides, as big of a doubter I was, PSO III is looking really cool to me...so I would say my schedule is booked. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif