PDA

View Full Version : Censored Words

AxemPunanny
Apr 2, 2001, 07:06 PM
I know there are words censored on Pioneer 2, the obvious we all pretty much know:
f*ck, sugar honey ice tea (shit), etc. But what other words have you all found to be censored but did not expect to be, or expected to be censored but wasn't?

Words I've encountered:
"Marica" - I was like WTF?! it's the name of one of the Mags.

"Poontang" - You can have Punanny but you can't have Poontang?!?! There the sam! LOL.
And how does Sonic Team know Poontang but doesn't know Punanny? Not that I'm complaining, since that would censor my name.

"Frig" - Been censored in Friggin. What's a Frig? I know it's another form of saying f*ck, but what about fawk, I say that gracefully. heh. Why not "fawk" also? Hmm.

That's my list so far, at least what I've remembered.

I know I could be pushing it too far here...
Since this game is universal as far as languages go, what bout words that would be censored in japanese/german/spanish/etc. I haven't used these language options, so I wouldn't know.

The floor is now open to the people

IceBlink
Apr 2, 2001, 07:24 PM
Hmmm... I didn't expect Saturday to be censored, but it was because of 'turd'... suspicious, because of 'spic' (?)...

For some reason, dammit isn't censored... ^_^;

DarkWolf
Apr 2, 2001, 08:15 PM
You can't say shoes, but you can say "ass!" (can't without the exclamation point). What I don't get, is that Ash, in the last mission of the Soul Eater quest, says "Damn", yet no one else can. Go fig.

Sqwigy_x
Apr 2, 2001, 08:54 PM
You can't say "pork", "arse", "frick", "boob", "nips" or "nipples", and that's all I can remember right now.

Republic
Apr 3, 2001, 12:46 AM
You can't say weed or blow... and i was using these words in the coventional sense lol.

-Republic, Level 32 RAmar (Skyly)

Jinsoku
Apr 3, 2001, 02:00 AM
About "marica"

That's Spanish for "faggot". So I'm guessing the censors go through all the language barriors. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

jazzyfox
Apr 3, 2001, 02:02 AM
You can say anything you want offline, so I assume that's how Ash does http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

The strangest one I've seen is p1mp (and pimp), though he11 isn't. Gooo figure.

MORB
Apr 3, 2001, 05:16 AM
In french too, we have unexpected censored/uncensored words. Some should have been censored but aren't (con, connard, chier, chiant, couille), some other are censored and shouldn't (toute).

In fact, it seems that they filter all word of all supported languages at the same time, so it may explain this. For example, if I write the french word "putain", I get "#?$!in", because in fact they censor "puta" (which is, I think, the spanish equivalent of "putain")

So it may explain unexpected censorship of some words. I wonder, for example, if they censored "bite" because it's the french for "dick"... :)

escotia
Apr 3, 2001, 05:16 AM
you cant say basement but thats because of the word semen in it. but u can say asses , assrammer, asskisser, etc. and if u dont use spaces while u r cursing sometimes it wont censor them. definitely a huge loophole.