PDA

View Full Version : They're all gone!

LastUtopia
Apr 2, 2001, 07:28 PM
I've noticed something recently: almost no one I used to play with still plays PSO. I got two of my irl friends to start playing but they quit weeks ago. All the people I started out with, the first people I played with back in the day, are all gone. Ambrai just left, among others. Some people just disappeared. I'm wondering if PSO is entering the stage where everyone who's been there from the beginning is losing interest. I've even been losing my drive to play recently, I haven't played in two days. Since I don't play public games anymore, I usually end up playing alone most of the time, and it's boring. We need to do something. I haven't even played with most of you, you're always in passworded games, out of my reach. The idea of a system of passwords for PSO World games is a good one that must be implemented soon.

So I ask everyone else that's been playing since the beginning, are we a dying breed?

rekonstruct
Apr 2, 2001, 08:10 PM
Yeah, I bought this actually a day before it was released, from Frys Electronics. I looked over my guild card list, and after deleting around 6 pages of old players who have turned to the dark side, I only ever find 5 or sometimes 6 people who I played with on occasion. Thats on a GOOD day, usually its 1 or 2. Maybe its because I play at ungodly hours, but it does seem to be losing alot of the regulars I used to play with. I too play passworded games, alone. Just something about going through the same 4 levels and never really finding something decent, it is kinda of losing me too, but I do still play everyday, though not nearly as much. That and recently I have been getting disconnected very frequently lately. So it appears that sooner or later, I might have to put up my Dragon Slayer and De Rol Le for good, or at least until V2. Hopefully.

Spy
Apr 2, 2001, 10:27 PM
I would say yes. We are dying, but not dead yet. I would still be playing mad crazy if I didnt have to worry about school, but I do so... it's not my fault.

Glider
Apr 2, 2001, 10:30 PM
I still like the game, but I like it more when Im with friends. When they arn't on, I don't really have that much of a drive to play.

I will all pick up when version 2 comes out.

PowerSlave
Apr 2, 2001, 10:31 PM
Isn't that the truth man http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

75% of the time I go online, I can't find anyone else on my list. I know for a fact many of my friends from PSO have moved on. So like both of you I play in a passworded game alone.

Also the amount of time I play at one sitting has gone from like 3-5 hrs to 1-2.

Not sure if it has to do with not finding jack after over 250 total hrs, or the fact that there are other brand new games collecting dust on my shelf. Yesterday I actually took PSO out of my DC and played Lodoss War, BTW an excellent game.

Ugh, I even played my PS2 which hasnt been turned on for over 2 months.

We definately need a password system, Im all for it, because I still want to meet everyone here.

Take Care

b0n
Apr 2, 2001, 10:53 PM
at one am eastern time i am going on
i have two roomates we are all female and play this game a lot
location will be puck 6
the game name will be bon pass $
for those who wish for pso companions
between the three of us we are on quite a bit
we have been playing since the begining pls come and see us

AdamW
Apr 3, 2001, 01:41 AM
I've been on pretty much since the beginning too and like everyone else, I am losing interest somewhat. The only real reason I keep coming back is friends. When a friend isn't on, I play a pw game alone until one shows up. And pretty much everyone I used to know doesn't play anymore. Only about 2 people do. But that's fine. As long as there is someone there, I will keep coming back. Once they are all gone, what's the point?

Ambel
Apr 3, 2001, 02:23 AM
thats is true. Everyone is losing interest...

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

purhaze
Apr 3, 2001, 03:21 AM
it sucks, like u said every one i knew is gone almost, i just started a 3rd char, and i go on search for ppl, no one, so i stat a game alone, wait a few, then quit, kinda sad, hope ver.2 makes it

Danger_Girl
Apr 3, 2001, 03:51 AM
yup, yup alot of us have faded away. I still put just as many hours in as the day I started though, but the interest among many has faded away. The inevitable end. When ver. 2 comes out I think alot of us will come back. Personaly I can't wait! But untill then I still enjoy meeting new people. Eliste Haute, a person I just met last week, and Lysan have kept me intersted. The game play has been stale for weeks, but it's the people that keep me coming back for more.

ReikenFeralsbane
Apr 3, 2001, 03:57 AM
I've had the pleasure of meeting most of the old PSO regs. I still know the few that go on. I mostly just say hi to you when i see you, then go into a locked game to be comsumed alone with my greed for rares. I just hate being in a game when all of a sudden, someone finds a rare that i could have had. But, i don't like playing alone. I'm trying to lose my greed. I'm currently not finding anything. But i did find alot of Material and and AGITO in the forest tonight. But The only reason PSO is losing interest to me is that rares are too dam rare.
I still wish i could have met alot of PSOW players, like Ambrai, did she just stop playing? Did she stop moderating?
i met Gideon once, never saw him again after that.
and Rei, i never see him. Probably got sick of taking endless amounts of players pictures. Sigh.... Vers.2 will be a savior, new weapons, no dupers or cheaters hopefully.
I realy shopuld clean up my card list....full of people i met on the first PSO day. I just have hope that i might see them again, because PSO vets have mostly all been good players.
Well, i hope i get to play with you guys sometime.

escotia
Apr 3, 2001, 05:09 AM
most of the people i played with are all gone. they were tired of the pking and the theives so they just stopped playin. its sad, i have had the game since day one and there is only one person i know who has been on since i started. after having six different characters u think i would know a lot of people but every time something happens they give up. im hoping version 2 will bring some of them back.

PSO_Krunk
Apr 3, 2001, 06:07 AM
let's face it people, the gameplay in PSO isn't exactly deep. I was bored out of my skull with the very limited 3button combo "action" - at the end of the first weekend. (yes, I did buy it the day it came out)

the length of the game also leaves a great deal to be desired. playing in the same 4 areas over and over and over again just doesnt cut it. (don't get me wrong, sonic team did an amazing job on this title, just stop for a moment and look at the texture work in the ruins... mind boggling!) some sort of random maze generator would have realy boosted this aspect.

what makes PSO attractive is meeting and playing with other people who are good sports. and the sad truth is that there are more jerks who PK and steal than there are people who want to trade and play a game that relies on co-operation.

I play a lot less that I used to. in the first week, I logged nearly 110 hours. (that's a lot of late nights... with work in the morning!) But now, I've yet to break 150 hours total - thats having the game more than a month! I hit the servers maybe once a week.

simply put, "the honeymoon is over". the newness and sense of exploration is totally gone. in the begining, I would simply stand in the lobby, amazed at the variation in character design. I was curious to bust open every crate and see what was inside, anxious to equip a better weapon, or see a new kind of blade or gun. But we've seen all the characters, all the monsters, all the weapons (duped and legit) and played all the quests.

the bright lining on all this is that version 2.0 will have a boatload of new stuff. the exhillaration of exploration will fill us again, and we'll all be happy as clams at the beach.

for a few weeks.

[addsig]

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: PSO_Krunk on 2001-04-03 04:09 ]</font>

Kirby_Z
Apr 3, 2001, 06:18 AM
Like most of you I to ahve been playing these since day 1,but in my case I've been playing since before day 1. The reason why is cause I pre-order the Import and I got it 3 days after the JP debut. But still lots of my partners are gone. Is boring to play alone. In all these time I am with PSO I never join a clan but now I am looking for a good clan that can acccept a veteran like me.

MaximumBeef
Apr 3, 2001, 06:26 AM
Well...I'm still playing if anyone wants a game http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_wink.gif

It's the meeting and playing with a variety of people that's the beef of the game...take a risk and play and open game (if not on American servers then European ones where I have met very little cheating filth so far).

Pneophen
Apr 3, 2001, 06:28 AM
ive kinda lost interest in it ever since i hit 100 starting a new character doesnt help much and i didnt buy this game to search for rares.

hopefully ill get back into it again come version 2

Sheogorath
Apr 3, 2001, 06:37 AM
Krunk Hit the nail right on the head.

What is there left to do in PSO? Build up one of my level 60 characters to 100 so I can have TWO 100 level characters? What for? It had become so bad that I was getting a stomach ache playing the same levels all the time.

The people I knew made it fun, but most of the people I know have better friends now and don't bother with me at all. I figure, if Shir isn't on, and my RL friend who just got the game isn't playing, I go back to playing Deus Ex or Daggerfall. PSO is a horrible single player game, and I await another reason to play it. That reason will probably be Ver. 2.

purhaze
Apr 3, 2001, 08:10 AM
i just loged another 3 hours in on my new char, one of my old irc friends just got the game, and it made it alot of fun showing her around, i still play every day i got it a day after release, i also found a pso group that RP's i might look into that might be interesting,

Omege12
Apr 3, 2001, 09:23 AM
I agree that PSO has its limitations, but is still an awsome game! I don't know why people are leaving though, they should just not play as much or something, but that's them not me. Anyway, yah PSO has a somewhat short game, but its the meeting new people, and finding new weapons that keeps most of us playing. Peace.

Sciler
Apr 3, 2001, 09:29 AM
<font color=red>Im still around a good bit, but I havent been the past 2 days as my phone line has been acting up and I've had a friend with some very serious problems Ive been trying to calm down and help feel better, but im still around, i hope to be on tonight http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif if anyone is interested anymore of course http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif<center>

Ukyou
Apr 3, 2001, 09:29 AM
Yea, that's true, but I still play a lot. No friends on? :/
*sigh* Guess I'll risk playing an open game...

I think it's time for another "Gathering", now! ^_^

jett862
Apr 3, 2001, 09:36 AM
I stopped playing PSO because I have all the items Ill ever need, all my old friends are gone (and the new ones I make are on for a day then never show up again), and pso is pretty simple. In version two they should introduce some "fighting game" style moves as in marvel vs capcom 2 or street fighter moves. That would actually put some difficulty into the game.

Im level 100 and I cant say its difficult to run into a bunch of enemies and kill them while someone restas me. I had a lot more fun in pso before I learned combos. The first day I ran around hit a booma in the back, then ran away and repeated. Well Ill be back at V. 2.

Neojin
Apr 3, 2001, 09:44 AM
True the gameplay is very limited. Yet the reason I play online isnt for the gameplay, its for the association.

I consider myself fortunate to have been at PSO since around it's start and have a guild card list filled with, fun, trustworthy, and entertaining friends. I'm never left without a game to join, or friends to come join if I start one. I supose when I log on one day to do a card search and not find anyone on...that will probably be the day I hang up PSO for awhile.

I would like to take this time to thank all those who have helped to make my PSO experience a fun and exciting one...thank you.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif

Sciler
Apr 3, 2001, 09:59 AM
<font color=red>Well, if you're lvl 100 and board...start over silly. Make that new character of course! Dun let the top lvl limit you<center>

LastUtopia
Apr 3, 2001, 10:16 AM
The thing that's ironic is that I've never played with just about everyone that replied to this. I'll be on tonight at around 8 EST of anyone wants to play, we gotta stick together until v.2!

IceBlink
Apr 3, 2001, 10:28 AM
Hmmm. Well, I'm fortunately not to have lost interest yet. ^_^

I don't have many guild cards, and even then, I'll still be playing it, just to meet new people. If I find no-one on my guild card... well, off to the JP servers to talk to the nice decent Japanese people. Heh, the conversations we have sometimes... ^_^

As usual, weekends Puck 9. ^_^

RedVento
Apr 3, 2001, 11:50 AM
Last Utopia I think I've played with you in the past, using Elric, and I'm pretty sure you joined a game with my new character Pellinore.. I still play all the time, unfortunatly I have to play a f-ed up hours during the week.. But feel free to look me up, I'm still going strong.

LastUtopia
Apr 3, 2001, 11:58 AM
Hmm...I don't remember Elric but Pellinore sounds familiar, the card's still on my list.

Heero_Yuy
Apr 3, 2001, 12:34 PM
Well i still play everyday at least 2 hrs. I finally hit lvl 99 yesterday and in 82 000 more exp i will be prepared for pso version 2!! PSO v2 is the main reason i keep going back to the ruins on hard over and over again.

ReikenFeralsbane
Apr 3, 2001, 12:46 PM
Utopia, if I see you tonight, i'd gladly play a game with you. I would have before, but i had plans with my friends prior to seeing you.
http://rubyon.tripod.com/reikensig.jpg

" Within one fell swoop of my Chain Sawd blade, the lives of many shall be ended...and for what? For the joy of the hunt..."

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: ReikenFeralsbane on 2001-04-03 10:51 ]</font>

Ice_
Apr 3, 2001, 02:07 PM
i know houw you feel last but its still fun i mean i ahev ahd the agem for well over a month now and played for well well over 400 hours with ym 7 dif characters i ahve ahd and all the ones below lclvl 10 .... and then the other time when iw asnt on pso i am eitherat school ( postin during studyhall) or at home watchign ym brother play for 2 hours.. then its my turn.... me and my brother ahev been takin turns dsince he bought the game and we take 2 hour turns each and on vacations and weekends we dont goto bed untill around in the mornin

Ice_
Apr 3, 2001, 02:07 PM
i know houw you feel last but its still fun i mean i ahev ahd the agem for well over a month now and played for well well over 400 hours with ym 7 dif characters i ahve ahd and all the ones below lclvl 10 .... and then the other time when iw asnt on pso i am eitherat school ( postin during studyhall) or at home watchign ym brother play for 2 hours.. then its my turn.... me and my brother ahev been takin turns dsince he bought the game and we take 2 hour turns each and on vacations and weekends we dont goto bed untill around in the mornin

Vicious_X
Apr 3, 2001, 02:49 PM
I was losing major interest then when playing online waiting on pub game for newbies
to join in I found a durandal finally! lol
so now I'm where I left off a bot with a thirst
to kill anything in sight.

btw you want a real challenge now that all the god/hp++ users are gone play vhard in a group bare fist ruins. I guarantee as long as you can keep from using spells besides support ones you'll have a great challenge.
everytime I've tried in a pub game someone has decided that they have to use their spread because thats how a real hunter/ranger does it. (btw thats bs lose the weapons and thats how you do it)

[addsig]

<font size=1>[ This message was edited by: Vicious_X on 2001-04-03 22:51 ]</font>

Samuel-Vimes
Apr 3, 2001, 10:42 PM
I've been playing the game since it came out here in the U.S. and still enjoy playing. I have 3 characters and about 350 hours logged. Recently, I managed to meet some really cool people (almost all were PSO W) that I can usually find on. I use to play public games, but with the rash of PK (yeah, Sega sort of put a stop to that, but for how long?) and for other reasons, I mostly play in passworded games. I'm on practically every weeknight and weekends, almost always on Puck 9.

Khaotika
Apr 3, 2001, 11:09 PM
My interest is waning, too, unfortunately. 375+ hrs on one character, 120+ on the other, and most of what I have has been gifts. Kinda disappointing. Levels get boring, enemies get boring. It needs some spark to bring the life back into it. v.2 can't get here any sooner.

Doesn't help that 1/2 my card list isn't on much anymore.. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_razz.gif

-Khaotika!

"That, and I have stalkers...seriously..."

IceBlink
Apr 3, 2001, 11:31 PM
Wah! Stop talking about v2! You're gonna make me and the other UK people cry because we won't get it here. >_<

Heh, kidding. ^_^;; Man, I wish Sega didn't forget about Europe... *sigh*

Pollo_loco
Apr 4, 2001, 12:04 AM
I got my first hero/ability today off a Nar lily. That was exciting. Unfortunately, something's come up to take my interest away from the game. Beh - hormones and the biological drive to procreate aside, I think I'd still be losing sleep over the game.