PDA

View Full Version : AUW = ???

Sillymak
Oct 23, 2003, 02:33 AM
I've been thinking about this not so serious question, but what does AUW stand for? I understand it's probably Algol something or other, but I can't seem to figure it out. I've looked in the instructions and have read most of the plot capsules in the game and I can't seem to find out what it is.

AUW = ???

ps. apologize if this topic is already posted somewhere, no search abilities at work for some reason http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

_Sinue_
Oct 23, 2003, 06:02 AM
I think it's a play on words reference to the AW time table used in the Phantasy Star series. Phantasy Star 1 started you in SC (Space Century), but that was changed to AW sometime between PS1 and PS2.

I believe I read in the Phantasy Star Compendium that AW stands for After Wazzio - a powerful and influencial king of Palma. I'm not sure if that's correct though. OnnaWren would probably know the answer.

Sillymak
Oct 23, 2003, 10:30 AM
wow, thank you for answering so politely. I was half expecting some smart comment about my lack of knowledge. You have also iinspired me to do further research.