PDA

View Full Version : Changing the game music?

TrajanII
Oct 23, 2003, 07:07 PM
Hey! Just registered and would like to say what a cool, informative website this. Been a Phantasy Star fan for years... roll on number five I say. Or at least bring the remakes to the west! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Anyway, my question: I've heard it is possible to change the background music in this game? In areas such as Forest, Mines, Temple etc... I've not been online with my Gamecube version yet, though I have been online with the Dreamcast. Do the music changes only occur in online quests, or downloaded ones? Can I "earn" a new piece of music and have it instead of the regular music when I play offline?

I live with 4 other people, and we all like playing the split-screen mode you see http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif so I don't really go online to investigate! We're all getting a bit fed up of the music, true we could just listen to a CD or something, but I like the style of the in-game music. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

So, can anybody help out?

Quo
Oct 23, 2003, 07:17 PM
There are sound disks you can obtain within the game. I don't know how, someone else will have to tell you that. The disks change the music.

Oh, and welcome to PSOWorld.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Quo on 2003-10-23 17:18 ]</font>

OriginalLacan
Oct 23, 2003, 07:20 PM
I don't know about PSOGC but in PSOX, you can purchase the music disks for 10,000meseta each at Gallon's shop in the Gallon's shop online quest.

capin_bucky_ohair
Oct 23, 2003, 07:56 PM
On 2003-10-23 17:20, OriginalLacan wrote:
I don't know about PSOGC but in PSOX, you can purchase the music disks for 10,000meseta each at Gallon's shop in the Gallon's shop online quest.

thats the same with gamecube

Kadou
Oct 23, 2003, 08:26 PM
On 2003-10-23 17:56, capin_bucky_ohair wrote:

On 2003-10-23 17:20, OriginalLacan wrote:

thats the same with gamecube

There are no differences between the GC versions and Xbox, save that I think Xbox is a little behind with online quests, and of course, voice chat.

OriginalLacan
Oct 23, 2003, 09:41 PM
I didn't know for sure, so I didn't want to give him false info.

Sunblast
Oct 24, 2003, 04:56 AM
On 2003-10-23 19:41, OriginalLacan wrote:
I didn't know for sure, so I didn't want to give him false info.

Personally, I understand your situation, and I thank you for helping out as muich as you can, even though you have a different platform.

rena-ko
Oct 24, 2003, 06:14 AM
so far (GCN) are three different songs available at gallons... (i wish that sonic song would be one of them....)

TrajanII
Oct 25, 2003, 07:11 PM
Ok, so only three songs? Boo hiss http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif But how do you get them to play ingame? Can anybody shed a little bit more light about these songs?

OriginalLacan
Oct 25, 2003, 07:47 PM
after buying the cd, simply select it in the item screen and choose use. You'll notice the background music change within a few seconds. The new music will play for a while then the old music fades back in. You can also have Gallon wrap them for 10,000meseta and give them as gifts.

Stupid PSOX only has 2 cd's available...

A2K
Oct 25, 2003, 08:28 PM
Actually I think the songs keep playing so long as you're in the same area. If you leave to go to Pioneer 2 or the next area then the music will revert back to what it's supposed to be.

dj_dan
Oct 26, 2003, 12:26 AM
3 Music Disks are available in PSOGC so far.
They cost 10,000meseta each and are "one time use only" items.

To buy them, you must go online, then load up the online quest "Gallon's Shop".

These disks will last as long as the music it is replacing would stay. e.g. If you use one in Ruins 2, the music will stop if you venture anywhere other than Ruins 2 (back to P2, Ruins 3, etc).

Careful if you use them while onboard P2, because each "sub-area" has it's own music, which will end your disk as well.