PDA

View Full Version : Extra Laggy PSO Severs This Week?

HiroshaHUmar
Oct 23, 2003, 08:38 PM
My friend told me that he has been experiencing some serious lag this week. He was doing some TTF runs with someone searching for a Holy Ray and him and his friend would randomly disconnect.

Has anyone else noticed this?

deathreaper
Oct 23, 2003, 08:42 PM
hasn't been lagging for me....

carnivale
Oct 23, 2003, 08:57 PM
ya me and my friends lagged and disconnected three times in a row

muff
Oct 23, 2003, 09:02 PM
It has been very, VERY laggy the past 2 days.

navci
Oct 23, 2003, 09:10 PM
It was lagging very badly last night I almost just wanna call it a quit.

Ee. Makes me paranoid.

DOG21313
Oct 23, 2003, 09:23 PM
I've had seroius lag in the last 3 days... Its horrible!

carnivale
Oct 23, 2003, 10:05 PM
u think they are having trouble with the new downloaded quests or is it something else?

Android8968
Oct 23, 2003, 10:43 PM
The Anteres and Deneb get laggy because as Baburay said "Those two ships reset themselfs to normal mode (normal lobby)" They switch back and forth between halloween and normal. So thats whats causing the Lag. If its so bad go to the empty EU servers.

carnivale
Oct 23, 2003, 10:54 PM
its not just antares and deneb its all U.S. ships

VulpesMundi
Oct 23, 2003, 10:56 PM
It's not just Antares and Deneb. Even Altair has been seriously laggy the last few days. It's irritating, and seems to have upped the amount of FSoDs occurring lately. Not a good thing at all. :/

RFB
Oct 24, 2003, 01:49 AM
Guys, YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THE WORD "LAG" MEANS!
I had "Telefonica" as ISP in the DC, and even when the servers where going fine, I usually got DCed because of my ISP. 50% of the days, the lag was sooo horrible, that roaming around your frozen teammates was normal, and like 30 secs later, you ee them all moving, and feel the hits of all the monster in the room that have attacked you in the meantime, and you're dead.
The other 20% it was laggy enough to see what I wrote in the Keyboard showed up in the screen 10 secs later.
The other 10% it worked fine.
The other 20% the ISP connection was so crappy you couldnt even connect though I later talked to non-spanish friends about it that happened to them... and no, they had been playing damn fine.
And I couldnt change my ISP since SEGA of Spain had a contract with Telefonica so aaaaaaall the Dreamkeys that reached Spain could not be reconfigured to connect with other ISP.

You dont know what LAG means until you dont connect trough Telefonica with 56k.

And about the laggy servers: hit JP empty servers, they're the ones that ST try to keep with the lowest lag.

P.S.:If someone was offended by my "You dont what lag means" crazyness, I feel orry, but I just needed to say it. I was about to explode, and boil in my own blood.

Cerris
Oct 24, 2003, 07:24 AM
try the eu servers!
no lag there!

or try ba7(ba6 only with lag) in deneb7

rena-ko
Oct 24, 2003, 07:47 AM
i had no real lag... but i got kicked off out of the blue quite often recently... especially annoying during quests (or cmode) -_-;

Valleo
Oct 24, 2003, 09:28 AM
Its been laggy ever since those stupid pumpkins popped up in the lobbies. Odd that there was no maintenance to put up these quests/lobby changes. They just "popped up" while I was idling in a lobby talking to a friend. Mabye that has something to do with it?

Jack
Oct 24, 2003, 09:32 AM
As far as I know, the seasonal events are stored on the server at all times, and only change when the clock on the server changes.

Greenie
Oct 24, 2003, 01:22 PM
Yeah I remember when the cherry blossoms left, it was just boom instantaneous and the music went back to normal.....

I remember back on the DC there was a period of intense lag for a while right before Ver 2 came out, could they be doing upgrade/maintenance to get the servers ready for Plus and Ep III.

It was so fun often standing in a room full of enemies, pressing the button to shoot and watching your teamates just stand there......then BOOOOM all of a sudden, you're dead, all the enemies are dead, and your teamates are already in the next room beating on baddies...... Oh the memories

Joker32
Oct 24, 2003, 01:30 PM
It has been laggy lately. I know this might sound crazy but I was in the lobby and people were talking about it and i heard 1 person say it was ST scanning for hacked weps. i wonder if that could be tru, but i f ask me i think that its just the halloween decorations.....

Malkavian
Oct 24, 2003, 01:39 PM
Is a sad thing to say. I'm glad i'm not the only one having extreme lag last days. I notice it specially when moving ships. Sometimes appears that spinning ball for a minute, is horrible.

And btw... welcome to PSOW RFB. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Skorpius
Oct 24, 2003, 03:02 PM
anyone think that maybe the ginormous solar flare has anything to do with the fritzy US servers?

Jack
Oct 24, 2003, 03:43 PM
I have actua..........................lly noticed that on the E..........................U server Regulus there's a pe.........................riod of lag of about ..........................one second every five seconds th..........................at really gets on my nerves.

Example above.

Scejntjynahl
Oct 25, 2003, 12:47 PM
It has not lagged for me as of yet. But the hallo rappies did lose their pumkings b4 my eyes and returned to regular love rappies.

AUTO_
Oct 25, 2003, 03:16 PM
I heard the lag is from all the new hacked weapons. Supposedly ST is trying to get rid of all the weaps that have the 300%'s (like the ruins BKB).

I also heard the lag is from Aol now being compatible--I read the article rfb wrote but I don't remember it saying Aol would be compatible so soon...

Rule 6 Battle has been put on hiatus for me--it's downright awful.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AUTO_ on 2003-10-25 13:17 ]</font>

carnivale
Oct 25, 2003, 06:58 PM
so there is a number of things that could be causin it. all i want is for it to stop

KnucklesZ5
Oct 26, 2003, 07:26 PM
I just got FSOD, but I think that was because I had kazaa open...

Balbarei
Oct 27, 2003, 05:54 AM
It is the same lag that was before release of v2,

they are upgrading the servers so Ep3 Converted people can be in the lobby also!

Auracom
Oct 27, 2003, 01:09 PM
The lag started up ever since the Hallo deco and rappies were put up. I've also notice most my friends getting more and more FSODs. I even heard that corruptions were on the rise. I've decided to head over to empty EU/JP ships for the meantime. The lag seems to get deadly in the evening X_x. It took 30 whole seconds to get my text to pop up.

BogusKun
Oct 29, 2003, 02:12 PM
There should have been a morning and night sky feature.

carnivale
Oct 29, 2003, 11:04 PM
night and day features that would be cool

Marc_Ruef
Oct 30, 2003, 04:26 AM
Hi!

On 2003-10-24 05:24, Cerris wrote:
try the eu servers!
no lag there!

I can't confirm this for the last two/three days on PSOXEU. Many team mates confirmed my point of view.

Bye, Marc

BerserkerKutu
Oct 30, 2003, 08:33 AM
The EU servers don't lag nearly as much as the U.S. ones, perhaps you should migrate to them for a while til this whole lag buisness cleans up.

Malkavian
Oct 31, 2003, 09:57 AM
Yesterday I played and the servers were in good shape. Fast as before. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif