PDA

View Full Version : Scariest Game Ever

chantez131313
Oct 23, 2003, 08:54 PM
I myself want to know if other people think that Silent Hill games are the scariest. Ive played (and beat) 2 and 3, and want to play the 1st. So anyhow, vote for 1, 2, 3, or other. And please put a post with the game and why if you vote other.

Dime
Oct 23, 2003, 09:04 PM
I smell a fanboy.

chantez131313
Oct 23, 2003, 09:26 PM
Fanboy? WTF is that?

anwserman
Oct 23, 2003, 10:01 PM
Illbleed.

Got scared to death during the "tag" scenes in "Homerun of Death", "Woodpuppets" and "Killer Department Store"

KodiaX987
Oct 23, 2003, 10:40 PM
I've never played a game good enough to scare me. Still waiting... :/

NKOTB
Oct 23, 2003, 11:01 PM
Most scared I've ever been was in Diablo. When you take the last portal to Diablo's (the boss) level a flaming pentagram appeared.

It scared me.

I've only played Silent Hill 2 and I didn't think it was scary at all.

polishedweasel
Oct 23, 2003, 11:16 PM
Games really don't scare me...I guess I was kinda scared when I was playing Resident evil 1 for playstation..but that was like 7 years ago.

Guile
Oct 23, 2003, 11:19 PM
Dino Crisis was scary...I hated walking around in that game.

starhealer
Oct 23, 2003, 11:19 PM
Fatal Frame.

Ash1ey
Oct 23, 2003, 11:22 PM
Silent hill 1 is the scariest for me! Dark and so freaken eerie... and the children mosnters in that game are horrifing... and the school... *shiver*

BlueJammer
Oct 23, 2003, 11:58 PM
Luigi's Mansion. I'm being serious. The bossest were just plain CREEPY

Kent
Oct 24, 2003, 12:39 AM
Well, the first Silent Hill was just a piece of crap, you couldn't even see five feet around you, that just made the game suck. Not "scary" at all.

Silent Hill 2, however, was a bit freaky, they did the fog in such a way as to make it not suck because of that.

Silent Hill 3... Those bunny suits with the blood on the mouths were just freakishly creepy. Staring at those things long enough could drive you insane...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kent on 2003-10-23 22:40 ]</font>

Xiu_Hazuki
Oct 24, 2003, 01:53 AM
Conker's Bad Fur Day. Scary in a duranged, psychopathic, gonna get you when you sleep kind of way.

I'll never look at mounds of singing poo the same way again...

Abaddon
Oct 24, 2003, 07:26 AM
..To be honest, the Ultima game that can be played on the Apple II/E has one part that scared the crap out of me as a kid and it still bothers me to this day. Whenever your HP goes below zero, there's this awful PC speaker noise and this monochrome skull appears on the screen....ooh god it scared me!

Silent Hill 1 was mainly disturbing and eerie..there weren't many (or any) parts that made me go "OH F*@#!", but I did feel very eerie when I played it at night...the alternate world was very freaky and disturbing O_o

BogusKun
Oct 24, 2003, 10:37 AM
HAHA Ab. I know how you feel.

The most scariest game I ever played and beaten was Shaq Fu for the Sega.

Scejntjynahl
Oct 24, 2003, 01:04 PM
Alone in the Dark & Resident Evil 2 hated running out of ammo and the damn dogs attacking you out of nowhere (in both games mad dogs everywhere!).

silvermax
Oct 24, 2003, 01:34 PM
scred as in leaves you with night mares or scared as in makes u jump?

ive never played a game that left me with nightmares... well Yoshi's story... i wont go into that....

but other then that, if im tired or something i might jump if something happens suddenly

*shrug*

BoUnCeR
Oct 24, 2003, 01:57 PM
Pikmin.

Bradicus
Oct 24, 2003, 02:10 PM
The original clock tower for snes.
A SURVIVAL HORROR ON SNES!!!!!!

anyone who played this knows what i mean.

s.TiNgEr
Oct 24, 2003, 03:17 PM
Alien reserection

...you just feel watched everywhere you go, everywhere you turn.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: s.TiNgEr on 2003-10-24 13:17 ]</font>

hollowtip
Oct 24, 2003, 10:17 PM
On 2003-10-23 20:01, anwserman wrote:
Illbleed.

Got scared to death during the "tag" scenes in "Homerun of Death", "Woodpuppets" and "Killer Department Store"

haha, I hope you're not serious. Too many cheesy parts to really take the game seriously in my opinion.

Vanango
Oct 24, 2003, 10:22 PM
all FPS scare me. I'm such a baby.

Metal Gear Solid 2 scared me...

all the Resident Evils have scared me... I'm such a baby... no, I don't think babies would be scared of the stuff I'm afraid of.

Someone made me a balloon animal today and it popped and I jumped 15 feet into the air and screamed and little kids laughed at me.

Xenocraze
Oct 24, 2003, 11:20 PM
Super Smash Brothers Melee! omg... It's so scary when I'm in the final round of a tournament because I'm afraid I'm going to lose. Since I have never lossed a tourney so far, it scares the bejesus out of me. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

DarthFomar
Oct 25, 2003, 03:26 AM
Resident Evil 2, whenever it came out (never played RE 1 until RE 2 came out). That was pretty scary. I had never played a game that gave you an adrenaline rush like that. I re-lived that fear when the Resident Evil remake for gamecube came out. That was a great game. Silent Hill(2) is another really freaky game. That stuff messes with your head, lol. "Bleeding Walls". I still haven't beaten that game.

Kent
Oct 25, 2003, 02:57 PM
Eternal Darkness was a little weird, too. I remember all kinds of stuff happening when my character was insane, such as random bodyparts falling off, the sound adjusting itself, and getting blue screen death...

Kizaragu
Oct 25, 2003, 03:25 PM
I wouldn't say that Eternal Darkness was the scariest game I've ever played but there were some genuinely scary moments in there.
For example, your wandering round the mansion fairly near the start, so your feeling rather 'relaxed' and not really expecting anything. Minding my own business I walk into the game bathroom. Curiousely you can see something in the bathtub but you can't quite see what it is. So I examine it closely.
ALL OF A SUDDEN A REALLY HORRIBLE NASTY NASTY SCREAM IS HEARD and it zooms in on a corpse of the main character (can't remember her name at the moment) lieing in a bath full of blood.
That was just horrible, so unexpected and a complete contrast to the state of mind I was in prior to that event. The screaming was the worst.

Talking about screaming, did anyone else hate the part in Max Payne where you have to follow the trail of blood? Not only was it 'tough' it gave off that horrible 'building up' scream whenever you fell. Which in my case was constantly.
(If I remember it had some sort of child's toybox tune or something constantly palying thruought that scene?)
No matter how low I turned down the TV (Bar Mute.) it still creeped me out.

OSL00004
Oct 25, 2003, 07:25 PM
Not a big fan of the horror genre, so I suppose the game that scared me the most was Metal Gear Solid 2. I am serious. It was the first time I had ever experienced a stealth-oriented game, and the quiet... the stillness... then WAM!!! RING!! I was caught. Does surprize count? It was loud! AHHH! I jumped from my basement to my attic. Seriously. We had to call in a fireman. True story.

________
/
/| |
----
|| |
_|| |_

^that's me stuck in my roof. It was pretty painful. Didn't come out very good at all, but you get the idea. Okay okay... it didn't happen. BUT IT SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME! Alright! Here's to me! I can take one point and drag it on FOREVER!

darthsaber9x9
Oct 25, 2003, 07:52 PM
On 2003-10-24 20:22, Vanango wrote:
all FPS scare me. I'm such a baby.

Metal Gear Solid 2 scared me...

all the Resident Evils have scared me... I'm such a baby... no, I don't think babies would be scared of the stuff I'm afraid of.

Someone made me a balloon animal today and it popped and I jumped 15 feet into the air and screamed and little kids laughed at me.

yeah i get scared of FPS's, well i did a few years ago. now im 16 so if i do, then im concerned. they put you in the action!!

Resi 2 made me scared to walk upstaris into the dark! that fricking t-zombie with his trench coat fucking freaked me out! and generally resi evil 1. me and my m8 were playing that when we were liek 10 or 11 or whenever it was.jesus....the horror

o and i was scared of pso in the first room on normal! i was a fuckinn racast and the boomas kept advancing and i didnt know i could leave the room and i died, and i ran out of momomate http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif(im much ebtter than that now. although sinow berrils jumping at you makes me jump if i dont see em)

Nerd
Oct 25, 2003, 08:07 PM
Resident Evil 2, by the end of that game I was having stomach aches from the nervousness I felt by constantly wondering what would a) jump out from behind/through something b)fall through a ceiling c) jump over a fence next!

anwserman
Oct 25, 2003, 08:29 PM
On 2003-10-24 20:17, hollowtip wrote:

On 2003-10-23 20:01, anwserman wrote:
Illbleed.

haha, I hope you're not serious. Too many cheesy parts to really take the game seriously in my opinion.

.... I was at the time, just running through the mazes, hoping not to get caught by the woodpuppets/mary/banballow. One of the worst times was when I brought my DC over to my friends house and told her that I mastered the Banballow chase scene as I barely got caught anymore.

Low and behold, I turned a corner not expecting him to be there and... well, I dropped the controller and jumped back because I seriously didn't expect him to be there.

It gave me some scares, but nothing like RE:CV.

chantez131313
Oct 26, 2003, 06:07 PM
I never wrote this but ive beat SH1 and SH2. Plus RE1, RE2, and RE3.

Vitamin_D
Oct 26, 2003, 06:23 PM
Eternal Darkness.

Bradicus
Oct 26, 2003, 06:32 PM
On 2003-10-25 13:25, Kizaragu wrote:
I wouldn't say that Eternal Darkness was the scariest game I've ever played but there were some genuinely scary moments in there.
For example, your wandering round the mansion fairly near the start, so your feeling rather 'relaxed' and not really expecting anything. Minding my own business I walk into the game bathroom. Curiousely you can see something in the bathtub but you can't quite see what it is. So I examine it closely.
ALL OF A SUDDEN A REALLY HORRIBLE NASTY NASTY SCREAM IS HEARD and it zooms in on a corpse of the main character (can't remember her name at the moment) lieing in a bath full of blood.
That was just horrible, so unexpected and a complete contrast to the state of mind I was in prior to that event. The screaming was the worst.

Talking about screaming, did anyone else hate the part in Max Payne where you have to follow the trail of blood? Not only was it 'tough' it gave off that horrible 'building up' scream whenever you fell. Which in my case was constantly.
(If I remember it had some sort of child's toybox tune or something constantly palying thruought that scene?)
No matter how low I turned down the TV (Bar Mute.) it still creeped me out.

or the first time one those "body snatchers" appear.
the best stuff happens when your insane, but some was kinda stupid (as you walk through a door it says "congratulations on beating Eternal Darkness" or when you turn into a duck o_0; )

when i was that fat guy in the mansion, i inspected the soup one of the maids was making. It said something about human limbs, so i fugured she was a bodysnatcher. Needless to say, i whipped out my flintlocks and dusted her..... she wasnt a bodysnatcher, i had just gone mad. The other servants tried to kill me, so i dusted them aswell... All alone in a giant house... that was very creepy (especialy because killing people decimates your sanity).

Wewt
Oct 26, 2003, 06:39 PM
To me, games that are meant to be scary, aren't scary at all. Maybe because I know they're meant to be scary, so they are pretty predictable to me. These games include the Resident Evil series. Yes, I have played it at 4am on my own, and no it's not scary.

Games that scare me are probably silly games to you, but I guess it's any multiplayer FPS. When you turn a corner and some guy is smack in your face with a gun, I'm like FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK SHIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTT, etc. You get the idea.

Shattered_weasel
Oct 26, 2003, 06:43 PM
On 2003-10-26 15:39, WWWWWWWWWWWW wrote:
To me, games that are meant to be scary, aren't scary at all. Maybe because I know they're meant to be scary, so they are pretty predictable to me. These games include the Resident Evil series. Yes, I have played it at 4am on my own, and no it's not scary.

Games that scare me are probably silly games to you, but I guess it's any multiplayer FPS. When you turn a corner and some guy is smack in your face with a gun, I'm like FUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK SHIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTT, etc. You get the idea.

you beat me to it. I was playing Gun Valkryie yesterday and went around a corner and wasn't expecting anything and out pops a spider. Made me jump.

Omni-SqwirL
Oct 27, 2003, 02:11 PM
Silent Hill 2.

Parasite Eve was just tense for me the first time I played it. The sequal was ok, but not as clost to freaky as the first.

martian_man
Oct 27, 2003, 02:29 PM
super mario land *cringes*

Kizaragu
Oct 27, 2003, 03:10 PM
Once, when I was 'playing' Microsoft Word (2000 edition) a huge spider jumped from the top of my monitor onto the keyboard as I was typing.
Now that scared the hell out of me.
True Story.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Kizaragu on 2003-10-27 12:11 ]</font>

Garanz2
Oct 27, 2003, 03:19 PM
On 2003-10-23 20:40, KodiaX987 wrote:
I've never played a game good enough to scare me. Still waiting... :/

Same here. it's not real, so how can it be scary? Sure, it can surprise you, but you're not exactly going to get mentally scarred by a game, are you?

Valleo
Oct 27, 2003, 04:18 PM
The first day I got Ocarina of Time, I played well into the late hours, without realising it had gotten dark. I didnt have the light on originally, so when it got late all I had was the light coming from the TV, and all those damm spiders (Skulltullas?) with their spider noises were starting to really freak me out... yes Im arachnaphobic.

But Ive never really been scared simply from a game itself.

NodMan
Oct 27, 2003, 04:56 PM
Silent Hill games suck at scaring me, now Hamtaro Adventures is a very freinig game!

OnnaWren
Oct 28, 2003, 03:55 PM
Game most of you've probably never heard of.

Deep Fear for the Sega Saturn.

Granted that the text was in Japanese, but all the spoken dialogue was in English, that, combined with a rather linear plotline, made it playable (and the oh-so-gh3y French architect made it hilarious in places http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif ).

The game played much like a cross between Night of the Living Dead and James Cameron's The Abyss. An underwater military installation, a mysterious plague turning man into bloodthirsty monster, isolation... great stuff.

What threw it for me is the fact that one of the main characters gets offed near the beginning of the game, right after the completion of the first mission- and it's not even the one you'd expect! That, and his end is just so damn grisly... *shudder*

The musical score is also dead-on... creepy stuff.

GuerillaPimp
Oct 28, 2003, 10:31 PM
silent hill 2. i only played that sucker doing the day time WITH surround sound OFF!

DarthFomar
Oct 31, 2003, 04:13 AM
I will have to change my answer. My friend and I rented Silent Hill 3 the other day. There are parts that will make your skin crawl.

Like this one time, you go in this small room with a mirror. Theres nothing in there but after standing for ten seconds in the room you start to hear a noise, and if you look at the mirror, on the other side of it is blood flowing toward you, like veins of blood coming at you. Then the Blood comes out of the mirror and drains onto the floor.

Then it gets really black from all the blood, eventually you cant see the door, then you turn to the mirror but your reflection doesnt move, it starts to bleed, and turn into a bloody body, all the while you slowly loose health.

Theres also this really creepy haunted mansion tour, and then a part with a wheel chair that is turned over with the wheel turning.

Pretty wacked out stuff. I cant wait for the movie.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthFomar on 2003-10-31 01:15 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: DarthFomar on 2003-10-31 01:17 ]</font>

Abaddon
Oct 31, 2003, 06:04 AM
On 2003-10-31 01:13, DarthFomar wrote: Theres also this really creepy haunted mansion tour, and then a part with a wheel chair that is turned over with the wheel turning.

Pretty wacked out stuff. I cant wait for the movie.

There's a wheel chair of the same description in the first Silent Hill...Theres going to be a movie?!?!?! Oooh yeah! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Zaneatron
Oct 31, 2003, 09:23 AM
id have to go along with some of the comments on eternal darkness. its not overwhelingly scary, but there are some times when it is unbelievably weird.
like the time your alex, the main char (hotness), and your looking for the 88 keys (piano) and you see a servent form a long time ago hanging in the room.
also the statue heads. at first you dont see it happening, but then you notice the head following you. weird'd out. the bleeding walls. all kinds of things. just plain weird.
i cant say ive ever been truely scared by a game, mainly because i dont play scary games, seeing im not a big fan of the horror genre and so fourth.

Cheep
Nov 1, 2003, 01:24 PM
Superman for the N64 is scarey!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_dead.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cheep on 2003-11-01 10:25 ]</font>