PDA

View Full Version : Problems connecting to PSO servers w/BBA

Curiosity
Oct 24, 2003, 06:08 PM
my original post was here (http://www.pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=37273&forum=3&start=60). but well, it didn't get a response forcing me to start my own topic on it.. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif the details of my setup are in that post, but here they are again:

DSL wall line
SpeedStream SOHO DSL Router, 5200-series
Ethernet to Linksys BEFSRU31
- Ethernet to PC
- Ethernet to BBA/GameCube

now as the topic states, i can't connect to the PSO servers but i am online as i can view their site. i can input all information manually, but am still unable to connect.

NOTE: i am on 1.1, but that should have no bearing on it at all. i also have the US version, but cannot connect w/that either. only real difference between the two is the dricas account for 1.1, which i am actually considering trying to reinput all that info as well... if i can remember how that is... -__-;;

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Curiosity on 2003-10-24 16:12 ]</font>

Rich_T
Oct 25, 2003, 04:17 AM
Basicly, your gamecubes conected to a router?
Has your router got NAPT, DHCP, and DNS set up?
is your gamecube configured with everything on automatic?

Curiosity
Oct 27, 2003, 02:40 AM
technically speaking there's two routers in the line. guess i shoulda been a bit more specific about the SpeedStream unit. apparently it's a 1-port router/DSL Modem combo, connected to the Linksys BEFSRU31's WAN port. but simple answer to your question is, yes it's connected to a router, port 2 on the Linksys. (port 1 is the PC).

"both" routers have NAT, unsure about NA'P'T tho; DHCP (DHCP server enabled on both, which i did ask linksys tech support about and he said i needed both enabled *shrug*, i honestly think it kinda odd to have both enabled as it "conflicts" w/what's in the manual for my Linksys router, but everything seems to work so...); and as far as the DNS goes, the Linksys points to the SpeedStream, which is set up to "Use WAN".

currently my GC is set up w/everything on automatic.

as stated it seems to be able to get online as i can look at their site, but for whatever reason i can't connect to the PSO servers...

Rich_T
Oct 27, 2003, 12:52 PM
have your tried just conecting it to the single port router?

Curiosity
Oct 27, 2003, 02:06 PM
no, that's one of the few things i have not tried as of yet. i'd rather avoid connecting like that if at all possible... altho, i s'pose i should just to see... one other thing i have not tried yet is upgrading the firmware on the Linksys. reason i haven't done that yet is that old saying "if it isn't broke, don't fix it" comes to mind, and up 'til now it's worked fine for the most part. granted, firm/software upgrades/updates are a little different... guess i'll try direct modem connection first then upgrade the Linksys firmware...

Curiosity
Oct 27, 2003, 02:47 PM
so i tried connecting to directly to the modem/router. same result, online but can't connect to the servers. i still get that "(No.101)" error messege... sooo, i guess firmware comes next..

Curiosity
Oct 31, 2003, 12:28 PM
ok so, the firmware upgrade went thru, eventually... however, it did not solve anything. w/everything set on automatic, or w/auto-IP and set DNS, same "(No.101)" error. w/manually set IP, i got a "(No.102)" error... that leaves me back where i was before... any other ideas? :]

VioletSkye
Oct 31, 2003, 12:47 PM
I'm half asleep, so if this makes no sense thats why lol. You might try calling your ISP and having them add the MAC address on your BBA. A friend had the same problem you are having and that was how he fixed it. The MAC address is on the top of the BBA so you'll need to remove it from the GC to see it. Then call tech support and see if they can add it for you. That should allow an IP to be generated for it.
BTW make sure your settings are all on Automatic after you get the MAC registered, then try it. Good luck http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VioletSkye on 2003-10-31 09:50 ]</font>

Curiosity
Oct 31, 2003, 02:12 PM
i'm actually not sure about the whole additional IP thing. and i don't know if there's a real need for it as the GC is receiving an IP from the router... not to mention, i'm not sure how that'd work w/the current set up, ie w/the router.

also, the real issue here isn't actually getting my GC online because technically i am getting the GC online as i can view their site. i just can't seem to connect to the PSO servers getting the 101 error (dealing w/server maintenance)...

hmm, i guess i really should try to get my US ver online w/the BBA just to make sure i do in fact get the same error(s)... and if for some reason it can connect, then it's some other issue... -__-;;

VioletSkye
Nov 1, 2003, 01:10 AM
On 2003-10-31 11:12, Curiosity wrote:
i'm actually not sure about the whole additional IP thing. and i don't know if there's a real need for it as the GC is receiving an IP from the router... not to mention, i'm not sure how that'd work w/the current set up, ie w/the router.

also, the real issue here isn't actually getting my GC online because technically i am getting the GC online as i can view their site. i just can't seem to connect to the PSO servers getting the 101 error (dealing w/server maintenance)...

hmm, i guess i really should try to get my US ver online w/the BBA just to make sure i do in fact get the same error(s)... and if for some reason it can connect, then it's some other issue... -__-;;

yep I see what you're saying now. that will teach me to post when I'm basically still asleep and my brain isn't functioning LOL.

Curiosity
Nov 1, 2003, 11:17 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

well, i did recheck w/US ver. and i do indeed get the same "(No.101)" error... altho from the sounds of things i may be SOL...?