PDA

View Full Version : PSOX-US: Hunting for Hallo Rappies

AxemPunanny
Oct 24, 2003, 09:57 PM
Ok, I've decided to hunt for rappies. Now I've been told that you can only hunt for them in lobbies w/o the pumpkins (Halloween mode). Tho, I've been told from people that they've spotted them even in games w/ or w/o the pumpkined lobbies. I noticed with PSOGC that you'd have to be in a lobby with pumpkins in order to find them.

Before, I even bother to go spending too much time hunting, can anyone tell me what the deal is? Shed some light, please. (Yes, I know they are in Temple, replacing Love Rappies, and their probability is about the same as the Love Rappies). If there are specific ships and/or lobbies to hunt them, lemme know. Thanks

anwserman
Oct 24, 2003, 10:04 PM
I've found all of my hallo-rappies in Celestite, VR Temple on normal. And that is all four of my rappies, too!

Best bet, any ship with pumpkin decorations with the flying bats would be the safest choice to see if you can find one.

AxemPunanny
Oct 24, 2003, 10:20 PM
thanks... that's all i really needed to know... a hunting i will go.

oh one other thing... are they even bats? they don't seem to look like bats. they look more like the white doves(?) from one of the lobbies, just black.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: AxemPunanny on 2003-10-24 20:23 ]</font>

UnSandpiper
Oct 24, 2003, 10:27 PM
I can confirm that Hallo-rappies can be found in lobbies without the decorations. The first time i started hunting, i was in apatite 8-1 and that is where i have stayed, accumulating 6 sightings with five dropping jack-o-lanterns.

As a side note, i have noticed when in this particular lobby after choosing the name of game, password, and difficulty, for a split second the decorations come up right befor the load screen...geez (that was harder to describe than i thought)

AxemPunanny
Oct 24, 2003, 10:31 PM
Yes, actually during the load screens the pumpkins are in the lobby shot, even in lobbies not in halloween mode.

another question for all of u that have found/spotted hallo rappies? did u either go thru the entire temple, searching all sections where rappies would be OR did u do that solo mission thing searching 2-3 rooms with rappies then remaking game (this is assuming ur are doing this alone)??

UnSandpiper
Oct 24, 2003, 10:41 PM
Yup, don't waste any time going further than the first few rooms. Good luck, and have a litte patience, says Axl.

Solstis
Oct 24, 2003, 10:46 PM
Any finds on v-hard? I'm on my 3rd run so far...

A2K
Oct 24, 2003, 10:50 PM
Hmm... actually, I think the servers might be experiencing problems! Perhaps they're supposed to be in Halloween mode, but... something went awry?

UnSandpiper
Oct 24, 2003, 10:54 PM
All my finds have been on normal. Just want to get through as quickly as possible. It took me 2 hours to find the first one, but since i have found as quickly as forty minutes.

Solstis
Oct 24, 2003, 11:02 PM
Guess I'm just not lucky http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Solstis
Oct 24, 2003, 11:11 PM
I'm calling it a night....
Rares:
Stag Cutlery- Grass Assasin
Custom B. ver.00- Rag Rappy (regular)

OriginalLacan
Oct 24, 2003, 11:24 PM
I did approx. 1000runs on normal on celestite before I found one, then I found 2 in the same hour.

heart of chao
heart of kapu kapu

the two I just happened to want.

Nambrosia
Oct 24, 2003, 11:37 PM
On 2003-10-24 20:20, AxemPunanny wrote:
oh one other thing... are they even bats? they don't seem to look like bats. they look more like the white doves(?) from one of the lobbies, just black.

I took a close look at them, and unless bats have feathers and beaks, they're crows. Or perhaps ravens.

AxemPunanny
Oct 25, 2003, 02:22 AM
i was actually able to find one. i did 55 runs, and found on the 33th try. I did this on normal, as I wanted to get thru it quickly. figuring it would take awhile and bore me to hunt for one, i decided to watch a dvd. hallo rappy appeared unexpectingly, but not complaining. i haven't checked out what mag cell i got tho. good luck to everyone that are trying. i'll be doing more hunting throughout the whole time hallo rappies are available; which hopefully they'll be on a lil longer, since WE HAVEN'T HAD THE HALLOWEEN QUEST UP!

Solstis
Oct 25, 2003, 01:03 PM
OOOOH!!!! Just found a Heart of KAPU KAPU... YIPPEEEE!!!!!!!

NiteOwl
Nov 2, 2003, 02:31 PM
Just a quicky... how long are the Hallo Rappies going to be around? I spent 2-1/2 hours looking for one a few days ago and then about an hour looking for one yesterday and still no luck. I just want a Heart of Chao to make a Striker of Chao. Mean ol' game...

Benzine
Nov 2, 2003, 04:03 PM
I'd guess that they're here until the pumpkins are gone. The motd says the nonexistant cake quest would run until nov 4th.

NiteOwl
Nov 2, 2003, 04:06 PM
Okie, thanks. That's what I figured. That gives me a couple more days to do mindless Temple runs. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Nei3rd
Nov 3, 2003, 12:14 PM
Yea. But it is rather hard to do online Temple by yourself. Maybe if I do some piping. I don't feel like spending 10 seconds in a lobby full of morons.

AxemPunanny
Nov 3, 2003, 01:41 PM
unfortunately, u can't pipe for them.

I've seen 7 hallos so far, out of 293 runs using 3 characters. I did these all solo.

Bluefull, FO (Dav-12, Dav-05, Cel-08)
2 Hallos (Mag Cell 213 & Heart of Kapu Kapu)
112 runs
(first was on run 33 out of 55 straight runs)
(second I don't remember)
1 Nar Lily

Greenill, HU (Cel-08, Dav-05, Dav-12)
2 Hallos
101 runs
(first one spotted after 5th run, but while I was mailing someone, forgot to hit da hallo, so no jack o lantern... DOH)
(second was after 9th run)
It sucked not seeing another hallo after the first 10 runs. But Greenill seems to find the rare monsters easier, cuz I ran into 7 Nar Lilies after that (so I had a probability of 1 rare monster/10 runs... pretty lucky).

Redria, RA (Cel-08)
94 runs and counting...
3 Hallos
(first on 21st run)
(second on 25th run)
(third I don't remember)
The first 20 I found no hallos but a Nar lily that dropped an addslot. Then I did 74 runs in one day got the 3 hallos. So far my Ramar is da one I like to use for 2 reasons... his shotty and nar lilies may actually drop something useful.

Though it's very time consuming and BORING, I'm content on my hunting. Though I'm disappointed about the one I let go. I plan on doing more runs up until the halloween mode is gone. I'd expect the hallos to go away once the halloween decor goes. But if Microsoft/ST is smart they'd extend the halloween mode since we got screwed with the halloween quest on psox.