PDA

View Full Version : Red slimes, are they stingy???

joncushing
Oct 25, 2003, 06:40 PM
Topic title says it all really, are red slimes on ultimate stingy? How many red slimes have people had to kill to geth their rare, on ultimate??? Im After demo comet with my Skyly FOmar

SuperDK
Oct 25, 2003, 06:42 PM
For my first demo comet, I had to go through about 5 or so.

Then the rest were about 3 each.

Servbot41
Oct 25, 2003, 07:00 PM
well I CANT FIND EM so I cant say and Im searching for the exact same thing!

neko-chan
Oct 25, 2003, 07:06 PM
On 2003-10-25 16:40, joncushing wrote:
Topic title says it all really, are red slimes on ultimate stingy? How many red slimes have people had to kill to geth their rare, on ultimate???

One, and got my Guard Wave. However, that's the only one I've ever seen in Ep. I&II.

If yuo have any chance, you should try to get that Comet from another enemy. Bluefull and Redria Mil Lillies are easier to spot.

TheAlmightyNewbie
Oct 25, 2003, 08:19 PM
Pouilly Slimes seem to appear more frequently than Mil Lilies, and there is no Megid to worry about. Out of the three Skyly Pouilly Slimes I've seen, all have dropped the Demolition Comet, so it's pretty good odds once you get a slime to appear.

Blue-Hawk
Oct 25, 2003, 08:27 PM
On 2003-10-25 18:19, TheAlmightyNewbie wrote:
Pouilly Slimes seem to appear more frequently than Mil Lilies, and there is no Megid to worry about. Out of the three Skyly Pouilly Slimes I've seen, all have dropped the Demolition Comet, so it's pretty good odds once you get a slime to appear.

Maybe for you. Others, like myself, have more random mil appearences than red slimes. I say random because I wasn't counting piping.

Nai_Calus
Oct 25, 2003, 08:28 PM
It depends. >P
Demo Comet should be fairly easy, though.
Then again, I'm the kind of sick freak who got a friggin' Lavis Cannon in 8 Pouilly Slimes, so what do I know about rare monsters? @_x;

...That Hildetorrs suck.

Stalfos333
Oct 25, 2003, 08:30 PM
It really depends more on WHAT you are trying to get than where you try to get it. All the rare enemies have about the same rate of dropping the same rare weapon. A mil or a slime will drop weapons just as often as the other, and so will a Hildetorr. It's just a matter of ease of finding the enemy.

neko-chan
Oct 25, 2003, 08:33 PM
Pouilly Slimes seem to appear more frequently than Mil Lilies, and there is no Megid to worry about.

PSOW guides state that they are less "rare" than Lillies, but when it comes to pesonal experience, I saw three Pouilly Slimes in three years of PSO. On the orher hand, I ecountered dozens of rare Lillies (just to name ORAN Temple Lillies, I found four Aura Fields, and without even piping, thank you).

Also, if you're worried about Megid, you shouldn't even bother play this game at all. Megid can be easily avoided, and piping for Lillies can be done outside their room, without even moving.

This is a certain relief, compared to the hassle of chasing Slimes, splitting them (Androids have fun!), pipe up, pipe down, repeat.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: neko-chan on 2003-10-25 18:38 ]</font>

Stalfos333
Oct 25, 2003, 08:46 PM
Splitting slimes is easy with a droid. Mech guns with dim, which should never hit, and a God/Battle, which may or may not be necessary, and you can get two slimes in the first combo.

Servbot41
Oct 25, 2003, 08:46 PM
GAAHH! whenever I try to pipe for something...it eludes me. then one day oh look! no piping! a rare enemy! what do you know! What no rare? too bad! agg stupid rare freaks

Hrith
Oct 25, 2003, 09:35 PM
VIRIDIA, 6 Pouilly Slimes, 4 God/HP
SKYLY, 4 Pouilly Slimes, 2 DEMOLITION COMET
WHITILL, 3 Pouilly Slimes, 1 CADUCEUS
REDRIA, 6 Pouilly Slimes, 0 LAVIS CANNON

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

TheAlmightyNewbie
Oct 25, 2003, 10:03 PM
On 2003-10-25 18:33, neko-chan wrote:

Pouilly Slimes seem to appear more frequently than Mil Lilies, and there is no Megid to worry about.

PSOW guides state that they are less "rare" than Lillies, but when it comes to pesonal experience, I saw three Pouilly Slimes in three years of PSO. On the orher hand, I ecountered dozens of rare Lillies (just to name ORAN Temple Lillies, I found four Aura Fields, and without even piping, thank you).

Also, if you're worried about Megid, you shouldn't even bother play this game at all. Megid can be easily avoided, and piping for Lillies can be done outside their room, without even moving.

This is a certain relief, compared to the hassle of chasing Slimes, splitting them (Androids have fun!), pipe up, pipe down, repeat.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: neko-chan on 2003-10-25 18:38 ]</font>

So, I shouldn't play PSO because I prefer to not be insta-killed once I finally spot my rare enemy?

And I'm going by personal experience when I say that slimes are more common than lilies. i piped an oran and a redria vh slime in very little time, a skyly ult red in >10 pipes, and ive found a skyly red slime unpiped. ive only seen about three mils. only one was unpiped, and it dropped a friggin dbs sword :[

Delsaber
Oct 25, 2003, 10:59 PM
I have had decent luck with the three Pouilly Slimes that I have came across. I have got 1 Demolition Comet and 2 Morning Glorys from them. Mil Lilies were nice until today. I was piping for a Sange, got the Mil and it dropped a damned All/Resist.

StrongBad
Oct 26, 2003, 02:19 AM
I found a demo comet on my first red slime but then when I found another one it didnt drop it. Im 1/2 on red slimes which is what is says on that ign drop chart thingy. I traded it to my brother for a Viridia Card(hehe what a sucker) and he lost it to FSOD.

SuperDK
Oct 26, 2003, 03:23 AM
it's actually really easy to split slimes with an android, Especially with a Spread Needle.

neko-chan
Oct 26, 2003, 06:48 AM
Fact: Slimes can be found in just two levels (Caves 2 and 3).

Fact: Lillies can be found in five different levels (Caves 1, 2 and 3, and Temple Alpha and Beta).

These facts, alone, should make the Lillies easier to spot.

Fact: in order to pipe for a Red Slime you need to chase the blue ones, attack them (with Rabarta of third hit of a combo).

Fact: in order to pipe for a rare Lilly you can simply stay stand still outside their room.

These facts, alone, should make the rare Lillies easier to spot.

Fact: Lillies come in large number, either in normal gameplay or in quests.

Fact: Slimes come in small number, either in normal gameplay or in quests.

Example: in Addicting Food you can find 62 Lillies and just 13 Slimes (that makes 52 Slimes, if you split them all). It's not difficult to understand that more enemy means an higher chance of encounter its rare counterpart.

Now, if you want to keep arguing about how easy (according to you) is to find a rare Slime, then you're welcome, just be sure to post facts.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: neko-chan on 2003-10-26 03:52 ]</font>

Olga-Rappy
Oct 26, 2003, 09:02 AM
On 2003-10-25 20:03, TheAlmightyNewbie wrote:
So, I shouldn't play PSO because I prefer to not be insta-killed once I finally spot my rare enemy?

No, because you're going hunting without taking your quarry into consideration.

If you're hunting an animal with sharp teeth, wear chainmail, or use a shark cage. If you're hunting a plant that spits globs of dark energy, wear dark resistant armor and units.

As for the slime discussion, I've found 1 red slime for every 3 rare lillies. I've found 4 red slimes (2 on VHard, 2 on Ultimate), and 13 Rare Lillies (4 VHard, 7 Ultimate Caves, 2 Ultimate Temple)

PABLOparavida
Oct 26, 2003, 09:26 AM
I've never seen a red slime. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Nai_Calus
Oct 26, 2003, 09:33 AM
On 2003-10-26 06:26, PABLOparavida wrote:
I've never seen a red slime. :(

You're not missing much. It is, as the name implies, a red slime. Other than the colour, it's exactly the same. Kind of like the Lily family, they all look alike(Well, the Del Lily doesn't look anything at all like a Lily, but whatever).

Doesn't spit Megid, doesn't do anything special... It's just kind of there. *shrug* I've seen ten, and so far I haven't been impressed. XD Well, the first one I ever saw killed me. Low-level FOmar running around Ult Caves. Found it, spent too long trying to figure out what to do with it, got boinked by it. Whoops.

Weaponslash
Oct 26, 2003, 01:03 PM
Four and my Lavis Cannon was dropped.

GuerillaPimp
Oct 26, 2003, 01:56 PM
err...im a bit confused here...i thought Pouilly Slimes replaced Pouifully Slimes in ultimate and that all you had to do was kill the Pouilly Slime (say under the redria ID) and have it drop the Lavis Cannon...am i not understanding something here??

Stalfos333
Oct 26, 2003, 02:08 PM
Poifully Slimes are the non rare slimes, the blue blobs you see in the caves, in every difficulty. They have no form change for ULT. Poiully slimes are red, and are the rare variants of the blue in every difficulty.

Alteisen
Oct 26, 2003, 02:09 PM
Pouilly Slimes are just the rare counterpart to Poufuilly Slimes, the same blue globs of snot you've been bursting since Normal, and will do so even through Ultimate. Just that Poui... Pou... WHATEVER Slimes will drop some good stuff IF they show up, and only IF they feel generous.

... that reminds me. I need to go demo comet hunting today.

Olga-Rappy
Oct 26, 2003, 06:50 PM
On 2003-10-26 11:09, Alteisen wrote:
Just that Poui... Pou... WHATEVER Slimes will drop some good stuff IF they show up, and only IF they feel generous.

Explain these TP/Revivals.

GuerillaPimp
Oct 26, 2003, 07:08 PM
grr.. the beastiary guide was wrong...oh well...thanks for the info

Bit
Oct 26, 2003, 07:12 PM
On 2003-10-26 16:08, GuerillaPimp wrote:
grr.. the beastiary guide was wrong...oh well...thanks for the info

I see nothing wrong with the Guide, Whats the problem with it?

GuerillaPimp
Oct 26, 2003, 09:50 PM
in the ultimate visual changes, it states that the Pouilly slime replaces the normal to very hard Pouifully Slime. But from what i gather from the info above, the Poiully Slime is still the rare slime, while the Pouifully Slime is the normal slime

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: GuerillaPimp on 2003-10-26 19:24 ]</font>