PDA

View Full Version : Yay, finally did it.

Nai_Calus
Oct 26, 2003, 12:47 AM
I got to Ult at L40. I've been wanting to do this for a while now, but I kept getting sidetracked.

So, I've been putting the last trip through Ruins off for a couple of days, because I knew it was going to suck. But today I finally went ahead and did it. Got a couple of bad layouts, but with some patience, 3 God/HPs and a willingness to do nothing but cast Resta most of the way, I saved a lot of XP letting Belras and Bringers and Gunners do the work for me without me getting a single point of xp from what they killed. Thus I made it to the final room of Ruins 3 with 3k or so exp to L40. I nuke the Belras waiting, and raise an eyebrow as the doors unlock. I pipe up, heal, grab my Resist/Blizzard and /Holy and a couple Scape Dolls just in case, haul my ass back down, waste Falz like it's nothing, and grin as I finish with 3314xp to level 41. XD Yay~. Now I can play normally with her. Time to go pipe stuff. XD

http://www.geocities.com/iankunx/perult401.txt

Indeed.

http://www.geocities.com/iankunx/perult402.txt

That was vaguely close.

http://www.geocities.com/iankunx/perult404.txt

And if she had her Foie Merge, she would be 0wning even more.

Now I just need to go insane and get a character to Ult in ep2. Mmm, Olga Flow at L17ish. Oh, the pain.

ThaRealest
Oct 26, 2003, 12:51 AM
wow thas really good man, im still in v hard with lvl 54 ramar...how the hell you gettin 465 hit points with a lvl 40? all legit?

Nai_Calus
Oct 26, 2003, 01:03 AM
On 2003-10-25 22:51, ThaRealest wrote:
wow thas really good man, im still in v hard with lvl 54 ramar...how the hell you gettin 465 hit points with a lvl 40? all legit?

Yeah, all legit. She's eaten a few HP mats that I've found along the way, and she -does- have 3 God/HPs equipped. God/HPs add 80 HP each, so that's an extra 240 HP right there. So she really has 205 HP. ...Heh, not even enough to get out of Hard. ^^;

The joys of twinking, and the joys of SKYLY Nar Lillies.

ThaRealest
Oct 26, 2003, 01:20 AM
what about th 465 hit point?im a ranger lvl 54 only doin 300 with my stroest wep and a mag with 114 power

ShadowChao
Oct 26, 2003, 01:31 AM
Techniques are very, very powerful when twinked. Especially level 27 Foie, on a FOnewearl, weilding a Club of Laconium. They get a basic tech bonus, and a bonus for the Cane. Mucho Damage-o.

Auracom
Oct 26, 2003, 01:34 AM
Whoa nice congrats leveling up is gonna be breeze now hehe.

Nai_Calus
Oct 26, 2003, 01:47 AM
Heh, for a few levels, yeah. I think my FOmar Helios gained 3 levels going through Ult Forest when I took him there the first time at L43, so Perseph'll gain like a mofo now that she's there.

Ohhhhh, you mean -damage-. Yeah. ^^; That was dealt by... I've forgotten, but I think it's L17 Foie, using a 160 MIND Mag, a Club of Laconium, and Persephone's natural Simple tech boost. Forces when twinked are the easiest characters in the game to use, IMO. Complete 0wnage and huge damage potential at very low levels. Needless to say, they're my favorite character type. ^^;

Katana42
Oct 26, 2003, 02:55 AM
Congrats on getting there at 40. I know someone who did it at 41 with a HUcaseal and a Twin Brand.

On a side note, your FOmar Helios doesn't look like this does he? This is my friends FOmar.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/2242455/

EDIT: Curses. DevART doesn't let me [img] tag to my own pics.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Katana42 on 2003-10-26 00:56 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
Oct 26, 2003, 03:20 AM
On 2003-10-26 00:55, Katana42 wrote:
Congrats on getting there at 40. I know someone who did it at 41 with a HUcaseal and a Twin Brand.

On a side note, your FOmar Helios doesn't look like this does he? This is my friends FOmar.

http://www.deviantart.com/view/2242455/

EDIT: Curses. DevART doesn't let me *img* tag to my own pics.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Katana42 on 2003-10-26 00:56 ]</font>

Nope. ^^; Helios looks... Pretty much exactly like Calus, actually:

http://www.geocities.com/iankunx/helios.txt

Although Cal is probably shorter than Hel is because NPCs tend to be short little things(Kireek and Bernie not included since they're defaults and the default for their classes is the max height. >P).

Getting to Ult with a properly twinked FO is only difficult in the amount of care it takes to not level. Killing things? Not a problem. Surviving things? Slap enough /HP units on, and -anything- can survive -anything-. Fluids are a pain, though... *blank stare*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ian-KunX on 2003-10-26 01:21 ]</font>

Balbarei
Oct 26, 2003, 05:37 AM
Congats ^_^

Hrith
Oct 26, 2003, 08:05 AM
Congratulations, I never did so great on EP1, my best was Lv 42 with my FOnewearl, like you.

Yet, I did better in EP2, with my FOmarl, because EP2 has less experience than EP1, and I tried to avoid killing unnecesary monsters, I got to Ult on Lv 36 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Congratulations, anyway http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

LadyRedComet
Oct 26, 2003, 08:21 AM
Hey Ian, what kind of mag does she have? I don't think I've ever seen one before...

Nai_Calus
Oct 26, 2003, 08:45 AM
On 2003-10-26 05:21, LadyRedComet wrote:
Hey Ian, what kind of mag does she have? I don't think I've ever seen one before...

I wouldn't be surprised, it's a -real- 'rare' Mag. Heh.

It's a Soma. 3rd evolution MIND>DEX>POW, same ability set as Sato/Nidra. Decent feed rate, not too different from Sato.

It's also only obtainable with a B-type Hunter, which is likely a good reason it's not seen much.

That particular one is 5/0/35/160 Estlla/Pilla/Mylla&Youlla. Light blue. Rather fond of it. I like dual mags- Rati, Varaha, Ila, etc, and I don't like them to look like some cutesy girly animal. So I poked through the Mag gallery to see if any of the non-rare Mags were dual shoulder, did invincibility, and had the MIND>DEX>POW ratio, and lo and behold, the Soma does.

Olga-Rappy
Oct 26, 2003, 09:39 AM
Exactly how many scape dolls did you have?

I got to Falz with a FOnewm at that level, maybe 41... I brought nine, and lost.

Nai_Calus
Oct 26, 2003, 09:46 AM
On 2003-10-26 06:39, Olga-Rappy wrote:
Exactly how many scape dolls did you have?

I got to Falz with a FOnewm at that level, maybe 41... I brought nine, and lost.

I had three. I still have three. Falz is all about HP and resists. Had more than enough for the swipe, Rabarta didn't get me thanks to the Resist/Blizzard, and the Resist/Holy raped the Grants. The Scapes were mostly out of force of habit than anything else. Never even came close to dying, and I knew I wouldn't. ^^;

Olga-Rappy
Oct 26, 2003, 09:53 AM
If I remember, I had 2 each of God/Technique (From other character) and 2 Resist/Holy (The +15 ones)Maybe I should've left the God techniques behind for some Resist/Blizzards or God/HPs.

Does anyone know what determines the variation in Darvant damage, and why Rabarta sometimes OHKOs you?

ThaRealest
Oct 26, 2003, 09:58 AM
lmao olga rappy...that sucks...nine scapes and still lost....

Nai_Calus
Oct 26, 2003, 10:00 AM
On 2003-10-26 06:53, Olga-Rappy wrote:
If I remember, I had 2 each of God/Technique (From other character) and 2 Resist/Holy (The +15 ones)Maybe I should've left the God techniques behind for some Resist/Blizzards or God/HPs.

Does anyone know what determines the variation in Darvant damage, and why Rabarta sometimes OHKOs you?

Yeah, probably. God/HP is your friend.

More than one Darvant will hit you at once often. Same with Falz' Rabarta. It's not just -a- Rabarta, it's a bunch of them. If you get caught between them, two or three will hit more or less simultaneously and you'll take the damage from all of 'em, which usually results in a OHKO.

What's fun is when you manage to not get hit by Heaven's Punshiment. Heh.

Olga-Rappy
Oct 26, 2003, 10:05 AM
Ah. That's why Falz slows you. You have a split second to sidestep the beams when you see them, of course, the closer you are, the more tightly packed they are.

The trick is, to either barta/zonde/grants/shoot from as far away as you can, or equip a cure/slow and run away. If you're 3/4 of the area away from Falz, I think they miss you completely. Of course, depending on which side, if you stand right next to falz, his Chain Rabarta or Oldschool Megid(Rafoie) won't hit you.