PDA

View Full Version : FOmar V FOnewearl

Tilldawn
Oct 26, 2003, 08:02 AM
ok i trained a FOmar when i got PSO and got kinda bored of using alot of fluids the whole time, anyway im really in the mood to train a kick ass force so i kinda need ya help only people who r hard core force players really i dont know which one to train... i like the FOmar cus of his speed , but the wearl has alot of power. So will u please help me and whether or not Pinkal is truely the best for the force section ID i really appreaciate this guys thanks http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Hrith
Oct 26, 2003, 08:17 AM
First, it is kinda difficult to compare the FOmar and the FOnewearl, they're the opposite of their class.

Then, PINKAL is the best ID for FOnewearl & FOnewm, but others may suit the FOmar(l) much better : WHITILL, REDRIA, PURPLENUM, BLUEFULL.

Note that you will use a lot more fluids with the FOnewearl because you will only use techs with her, whereas the FOmar is a good melee fighter (beware of ATA in Ultimate, though).

In the end, mind that the FOnewearl is strictly a technique-caster and you will not be able to hit with her, especially in Ultimate.

To give you an idea, my FOnewearl's buttons are customize as follows, most of the time :
B - Foie
A - Zonde
X - Barta
L+B - Rafoie
L+A - Razonde
L+X - Rabarta

Nai_Calus
Oct 26, 2003, 08:36 AM
Well, it depends on what you want in a Force as to which one you pick.

Do you want a character that will dish out insane damage to a single enemy and mow things down with Megid while still being an awesome support FO? You want a FOnewearl.

Do you want to go for a hybrid Force/Hunter with boosts to some of the more useful attack techs, and the ATA of a blind crippled person? Go for the FOmar.

Do you want to nuke things en masse, the hell with support? Make a FOnewm.

Do you want to have a bit more ATA, a bit less ATP, and the ability to actually take a hit or two, all while being the best support FO in the game? Make a FOmarl.

As for section ID, I've actually heard arguements in favor of ORAN and PURPLENUM over PINKAL. PINKAL is good for some of the basic stuff, but overall... Eh, well, some of the better FO weapons can't be found/are nearly impossible(There are two Sinow Zeles in all of Seabed offline solo. Do you really think you're getting a Psycho Wand off them?)
ORAN... Isn't bad. Easiest Star Amp(Twinkle Star), finds enough of the 9-star boosty stuff, any ID can find high-level techs, second easiest Psycho Wand, some other decent stuff, and decent FO-equippable armors aren't that hard to find(Guard Wave, L101 requirement, rather nice armor, Pouilly Slime; Aura Field, L152 requirement, even nicer, Temple Mil Lily)... God/ units are few and far between, though, as is a bunch of other stuff. At least you can be secure in the knowledge that almost anything you find you can't equip is either a Cross Scar or a Dragon Slayer.
PURPLENUM... Not too sure about PURPLENUM, haven't looked too much(And I -have- a PURPLENUM, sheesh. Only L20, though). Easy God/Mind, easiest Psycho Wand, couple of other nice things as I recall.

*shrug* It's a matter of personal preference in the end, really. I might love FOmars, you might hate them, I detest ORAN, you might love it and find it works for you.

Tilldawn
Oct 26, 2003, 08:43 AM
i got a ORAN lvl 113 and a PURPLENUM on the way at lvl 33 and my friend has a level 105 YELLOWBOZE so the weapons aint much of a problem since i got loada good wands like hildeblue and hildebear wands and i got a mace of adaman and storm wand indra and club of laconium and all sorts, but i like the FOmar cus of his speed and speed is wat matters in ultimate, but i did make a FOmar and loved the speed but i hate dying so quick cus he cant take a hit and i hate the fonewm cus their ugly fat assed things so over all i think im gonna make a FOmar cus of speed but i still need a lil advice on the ID and the different forces but thanks for all your help guys so far

Olga-Rappy
Oct 26, 2003, 09:30 AM
Ok, seeing as how you haven't really said what you look for in your force, other than that you either like or are on speed, (I'm assuming on, since I can't see what you mean by speed in terms of your character) and you really don't like how the FOnewm's outfit makes his butt look big even though it isn't and it only looks big if you stare at it for long periods of time. (I have a FOnewm, the only times I notice are marathon-length Ruins/Seabed run sessions), I'm going to tell you to make the type of force I want you to make.

Overwrite your Purplenum character, and start a Purplenum FOmarl. Your FOmarl will have a Power/Dex mag, and specialize in S/D'ing herself, pulling out her Hand/Mechguns (Preferrably Geist/Soul or if you ahve to-Mind/Blizzard) and pummelling Dimenians and their ilk with photons, Resta'ing herself when necessary. Eventually, she sould incorporate Grants (secondary attack) and Rabarta (to fall abck on when enemies approach) into the mix, and switch to a H&S 25 Justice. At her peak, she will oblitherate monsters with a Holy Ray, Level 20-30 Shifta, and be the ultimate support force/self-sufficient single-player mode character.

There, how's that sound?

Slicer238
Oct 26, 2003, 02:16 PM
Just going to say FOnewearl for 1) major tp, 2) peircing megid, 3) Base tech boost.

Hrith
Oct 26, 2003, 08:44 PM
I agree with Ian-Kunx on PINKAL not being the ultiamte Force ID, but from experience I have not found a Lv 30 Attack Technique in any other place beside PINKAL Seabed. Only my experience though, over 1600 hours of mainly EP2.

PABLOparavida
Oct 26, 2003, 08:45 PM
I have a fomar and I like him. He's strong has the tendency to eat ppl.

DemiDeviMatt
Oct 26, 2003, 11:29 PM
i have a FoMar and hes the best character up till ultimate. he rules ass with melee and magic in nomr-vhard but when it comes to ultimate he cant hit shit. i have a lvl 195 mind mag with 3 god minds and a god technique or wtvr and the max he does is 320 with each RA type spell. so IMO they r wtvr in ultimate but kick ass in the rest. go for a FoNewearl cuz they are pure power and rule in ultimate

joluh
Oct 26, 2003, 11:37 PM
Yeah go for FOnewearl, she rules Ultimate... ((after FOnewm)) MUAHAHAHA... X_x'

xHIGHONLIFEx
Oct 26, 2003, 11:41 PM
I have a question... I have a FOmar at lvl 25 and I WAS plannin on gettin him to Ultimate, but from what everyone is saying, he can't stand crap in it... I was thinkin about recreating him into a Fonewm, but would I be able Melee/attack tech or jus strictly attack Techniques???

joluh
Oct 26, 2003, 11:49 PM
Well you can melee with a FOnewm... at lvl 150 or something X_X' on Ultimate of course, but for normal-vhard i can melee very well, but for ultimate you'll be using PURE TECHS

Btw it would be nice to see another high lvl FOnewm around ^_^

xHIGHONLIFEx
Oct 26, 2003, 11:54 PM
maybe I'll start working on him once this fire business here in San Diego is over with... don't wanna be playing with a Fonewm then all of a sudden, "You must evacuate the area..." I'll get started on him soon hopefully...

Tilldawn
Oct 27, 2003, 05:42 AM
thanks for the help guys i started a Pinkal FOnewearl cus of the megid thing, not saying FOmar is crap they also rule but i already got 3 hunters who excell at melee so i gave it a miss she kicks ass im training her a mind mag with me HUmar so she doesnt die quickly http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif and dude good luck with the Fonewm they are also v.good , but they put me off with their tech boosts only on RA and GI not on megid or grants anyway thanks http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Hrith
Oct 27, 2003, 06:11 AM
xHIGHONLIFEx, keep your FOmar, it does more than decent damage in Ultimate, just MELEE !!!!
I have a FOmarl, she is less powerful than your FOmar and I rock in Ultimate. That is in Forest, Cave, Mine, Temple, Spaceship. And I'm only Lv 98 !!!! That accounts for my kinda hard time in Ruins & CCA. Seabed is all about Megid, I do not melee in Seabed.

Silver-X
Oct 27, 2003, 07:33 AM
On 2003-10-26 20:41, xHIGHONLIFEx wrote:
I have a question... I have a FOmar at lvl 25 and I WAS plannin on gettin him to Ultimate, but from what everyone is saying, he can't stand crap in it... I was thinkin about recreating him into a Fonewm, but would I be able Melee/attack tech or jus strictly attack Techniques???

uhm.. make a pow/def mag( make sure ATA is maxed) , get some high hit vulcans (like 50% at the shop ,u need te be lv150+ though)or ask a lv150+ boy/girl to give/trade.
then , you are set http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Olga-Rappy
Oct 27, 2003, 07:55 AM
On 2003-10-27 02:42, Tilldawn wrote:
not on megid or grants anyway thanks http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nobody ahs a megid bonus, except for multiple enemies hit.

Your FOmar had a +30% bonus to Grants though, and a FOmarl would've had a +50% bonus to Grants, but whatever.

P.S. Don't bother with Megid under level 10, better to trade it to some hapless newbie.

Tilldawn
Oct 27, 2003, 09:41 AM
from my earlier runs i got like lvl 21 megid and lvl 23 grants so thats why im raising a pure mind mag and lvlin the poor girl

anwserman
Oct 27, 2003, 11:31 AM
On 2003-10-27 04:55, Olga-Rappy wrote:

On 2003-10-27 02:42, Tilldawn wrote:
not on megid or grants anyway thanks http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Nobody ahs a megid bonus, except for multiple enemies hit.

Your FOmar had a +30% bonus to Grants though, and a FOmarl would've had a +50% bonus to Grants, but whatever.

P.S. Don't bother with Megid under level 10, better to trade it to some hapless newbie.

I thought the FOnewearl had the penetrating megid as well as a 30% bonus of it actually happening, along with her standard bonus of double range for Resta/Anti and and simple attacks.

Edit: I'm probably wrong with the Megid thing (the 30%) but I have no idea where I read that from....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: anwserman on 2003-10-27 08:33 ]</font>