PDA

View Full Version : He he he... my gc just deleted all me pso data.... heh heh h

Zandol
Oct 26, 2003, 01:32 PM
My gc hads done this twice now. I have only been playing 4 a week, but what happens when im really strong. It's just so annoying, cos i had just gotten to the spaceship.

LamerPanda
Oct 26, 2003, 05:33 PM
Did you turn it off when it was saving? Always make sure it's finished saving first.

Someone's probably going to lock this and direct you to here (http://pso-world.com/viewtopic.php?topic=42567&forum=11&84), though.

Superguppie
Oct 27, 2003, 08:27 AM
Last time I heard of someone having this many corrupts, it was a bad memory card.
So, here's some pointers I picked up from ppl that really didn't want it to happen again:

- Use only official Nintendo 59 memory cards. Even the official 251 seems to be having problems...
- Don't touch the memory card while the GC is on. And only switch off when at the startup screen.
- Don't have saves of other games on the card. (although this may be in combination with the 'use official only')
- If the problem persists, consider getting a USB card. It allows you to backup your data to you PC, so in case of corruption you can easily go back to the last save before that.

LamerPanda
Oct 27, 2003, 04:24 PM
- Use only official Nintendo 59 memory cards. Even the official 251 seems to be having problems...
- Don't have saves of other games on the card. (although this may be in combination with the 'use official only')

I have save files of plenty of games on my 251 card, and I've only had 2-3 FSODs in a year. Not a single character file corruption, just lost items that weren't equipped on one character.

Oddly enough, having a router seems to help. Strange since it's crap when trying to download and such.

Superguppie
Oct 28, 2003, 04:32 AM
On 2003-10-27 13:24, LamerPanda wrote:

I have save files of plenty of games on my 251 card, and I've only had 2-3 FSODs in a year. Not a single character file corruption, just lost items that weren't equipped on one character.

We're talking corruption, not FSOD. FSOD does not seem to be influenced by the memory card.
Also, the points I gave are rules of thumb. There is no guarantee that anything that is not a Ninty 59 will cause trouble. It's just that the Ninty 59 is pretty much the only one on which there are no known problems (that I've heard of...)

Oddly enough, having a router seems to help. Strange since it's crap when trying to download and such.

Being on broadband seems to help against spontaneous FSOD. Most broadband units (on the connection side, not the GC adapter) act as a router, so I guess it is that router thing that helps.