PDA

View Full Version : Melee/caster FOmar hybrid.

Slicer238
Oct 26, 2003, 03:06 PM
I made a FOmar today and he is at level 10. Right now he has a Pushan that is currently at 13,68,36,50. I plan to make it 14,75,36,75. So I would like to know if I should just give him 4 HP units and use materials and the mag to keep him decent at both melee and casting or give him two power units and two mind units or one power, one mind, and two hp units. What sounds good?

Stalfos333
Oct 26, 2003, 03:17 PM
The thing is, in battle, you'll have to choose. You cannot shoot foie while swinging, and it's generally best to boost techs with wands or barriers anyway. Even at the best of times, a FoMar is a mediocre melee character, and without power he will neither be able to equip the *snickers* good weapons, nor do decent damage with the others. You'll also be hurting for ATA AND DFP.

Also, a FoMar's mage capacity starts low, but reducing it further by halving the MST boost you give him, giving him weapons that neither boost techs nor increase the speed of casting, and trading in tech power on shields for DFP to try to keep you alive will make his magic pretty pathetic too.

My suggestion (besides remaking the character into something other than FoMar) would be to pick a side of the fence instead of straddling it. Go for magic or go for melee, but trying to go for both will get you killed a lot. The slots won't matter, because you still have to worry about mats.

Slicer238
Oct 26, 2003, 03:22 PM
The reason I wanted a hybrid was because I noticed when I use my Fonewearl that she runs out of TP fast. So I wanted a character that would be able to fight back even if it is alittle. That is why I gave him a double saber that he will be able to equip soon.

Break
Oct 26, 2003, 03:28 PM
YES YES!

take it from me, give your FOmar OGRE POWERs on your Frame.

and the Double saber will help you alot! the steal TP thing its amazing. Plus the sword is Very strong for a Fomar.

it feels like youre Using a Super HUmar.

but his defense is the Problem I think.

Dhylec
Oct 26, 2003, 03:32 PM
for hybrid fo.. use mechguns w/hits after s-d you & j-z them -- safer!
dblsaber for tp when low, & have some 'mates just in case http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
there are more but let others fill in http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Slicer238
Oct 26, 2003, 03:37 PM
Glad soemone else thought of the mechs with hit percent. I have a pair of king vulcan's sitting in his bank waiting. I knew about the Double saber's TP stealing thats what I gave it to him, plus the 6 attacks.

I have two orge powers in his frame and I was thinking maybe I should forget the hp units and put 2 mind units in there. Can't wait until I have my Redria RAmar and other characters to find some God/Powers and God/Minds. So, 2 power and 2 mind units or 1 power, 1 mind, 2 hp. Something to keep him true to casting and semi decent at combat.

Xiu_Hazuki
Oct 26, 2003, 04:04 PM
Just get Four God/Abilities and that will solve your unit crisis, helping your ATP, MST, and DFP. Lets not forget that all that luck will make your melee a bit more effective, while you don't have to sacrific either ATP or MST. The problem would still be the HP though...but the DFP boost should help..

Slicer238
Oct 26, 2003, 04:05 PM
That will be a problem until I can get the right ID into the right difficulty.

Xiu_Hazuki
Oct 26, 2003, 04:55 PM
ID's are always a problem though aren't they? lol, I have four Hero/Abilities, but I wish I had Gods...

Stalfos333
Oct 26, 2003, 05:47 PM
Go strictly Tech, but raise a mag you like. I personally, choose an Ep 1 & 2 rare mag like Sato or Nidra. Then the 45 points of non mind I need are put into Dex. A handgun with some hit and Geist will get you through every area but the Mines, since you can safely "feed" on Bulclaws, Gunners, Lillies, Pan Arms, Monests, etc.

It's not hard to get 100+ TP per shot, so you can easily go through an entire area on just a few fluids if you take every opportunity to recharge.

Olga-Rappy
Oct 26, 2003, 07:00 PM
Go for ATP. A FOmar is above chucking petty fireballs, he enhances himself with techs to make whatever weapon he's holding do more damage.