PDA

View Full Version : do the dark rooms initmidate you ?

ThaRealest
Oct 26, 2003, 03:43 PM
they kinda trip me out a lil ...every time i get to one my first objective is to run like hell to the light switch because im barely gettin by with the lights on...

EvilNixon666
Oct 26, 2003, 03:45 PM
I just use the little map to see where everything is. But it is annoying in Ult. sometimes...

Dragon_Knight
Oct 26, 2003, 03:59 PM
Its not scary or anything, just a nusence. That and some obsticals don't show up on the map making it annoying when your trying to get some distance, its even worse when said objects can be destoryed. I typicaly go for the light switch first, but I usually end up clearing the room on the way there.

Ketchup345
Oct 26, 2003, 04:00 PM
Not normally, since I'm a RAnger, and have my shot types, which is useful for that type of situation, where precise targetting is somewhat hard. I sometimes try to get the switch, but normally only in the Mines. The Ruins ones I am scared of, especially the one(s) that have a Freeze trap between the door and the lightswitch

ThaRealest
Oct 26, 2003, 04:06 PM
Amen, the freeze traps Do Suck.....Especially in the Dark...

A2K
Oct 26, 2003, 05:01 PM
"And when you're surrounded, it's too late. And whack whack. Bye bye."

Cerris
Oct 26, 2003, 05:23 PM
b glad that you can still see flats in the dark.

Nai_Calus
Oct 26, 2003, 05:38 PM
Hah, you kidding? It was dark rooms in the Caves that taught my idiot HUmar ass how to play the friggin' game back in the L60s. 'I can barely damage it, I can barely -hit- it, but goddamn, if I use this Jellen and Zalure shit, it doesn't kill me as fucking fast and I can see it, even though it's dark. Whoa."

navci
Oct 26, 2003, 05:47 PM
They scare me lots. Especially for a person like me who has no sense of direction (many will prove it!) I get lost in the room itself, or die on the way trying to reach the light switch (especially when its in another room).

Not to mention getting frozen.... Aww the pain.
Reminds of of that dark room in the missing hunters quest? The quest with tons of traps, 4 nanos? *shudders*

AUTO_
Oct 26, 2003, 06:09 PM
The only dark room that gets to me is the room in the lower seabed (the one with the small gaps to fit through). I'm always afraid one of those mechanical dogs is about to pwn me from behind.

http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

Soukosa
Oct 26, 2003, 06:17 PM
On 2003-10-26 13:00, Ketchup345 wrote:
especially the one(s) that have a Freeze trap between the door and the lightswitch

I think ST has a sadistic side to them. Having us wander through the dark rooms of the Ruins with traps every 2 feet while we try to find the light switch that is either behind some boxes or under poison spitter.

Olga-Rappy
Oct 26, 2003, 07:15 PM
When you're a low level force, they're the bane of your existance. Especially in ruins, where enemies look like the stuff of nightmares. *dodges day-glow arm-balde descending from darkness.*

Kent
Oct 26, 2003, 08:24 PM
Dark Rooms aren't intimidating, as I have something called a "map."

PABLOparavida
Oct 26, 2003, 08:44 PM
depends where I am and which character.

Razor_Burn
Oct 26, 2003, 09:20 PM
Only in levels my characters aren't yet able to conquer easily. I tend to have a lot of things on my mind & don't always look at the map.

_Ted_
Oct 26, 2003, 09:21 PM
You know what room I really hate? The dark one with the 2 garanz in m2 in the soul blade quest. I thought it would be easy, run into the room, beat the two guys half to death while looking for a light switch, but guess what theres no light switch! But there are plenty of freeze traps! Opps! I'm frozen, Ouch! I just get hit with 60 missles and die (and lost 200k meseta).

Dhylec
Oct 26, 2003, 09:59 PM
i'm not afraid of dark roomz.. just hate em http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif
this is when i wish droids have nightvision or motion sensors http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

joluh
Oct 26, 2003, 11:46 PM
Hummmm i like Dark Rooms when i'm a Force, or a Ranger

But when i'm a Hunter... i run to the first ray of light i can see =P

xHIGHONLIFEx
Oct 26, 2003, 11:57 PM
I fear them... WHEN THEY HAVE GRAN SORCERERS AND DELSABERS IN THEM!!! if they don't, then its okay...

opaopajr
Oct 27, 2003, 12:13 AM
I actually think they are really cool. It's one of the few times in a game that darkness actually makes me anxious while playing, instead of upset that I can't see anything (a la Silent Hills and Resident Evils). Granted they do tick me off when I'm being chased around searching for the switch. Yet as I've become more adept and more blase about the game they've become more of a minior nuisance.

But I still remember the first time I wandered head first into a dark room expecting the lights to come on. When they didn't and the mosters spawned and headed towards me it was a very tense experience. Once I got to safety I was thinking how cool it was. It's been so long since I was actually worried about a character's survival. It felt like a little bit of me was exposed.

So yeah, part of me doesn't like them, but whenever I come across a new dark room I've never seen (like in quests) a little bit of the old magic comes back and I really like that thrill.

p.s.: For new people, radar, trap search + razonde, and memorizing the layout/spawn points makes life easier.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: opaopajr on 2003-10-26 21:15 ]</font>

Zarana
Oct 27, 2003, 12:15 AM
Nope. In fact, I'm kind of disappointed when a teammate turns on the lights. Fights in the dark are much more exciting, especially in areas like the Ruins and in Challenge Mode.

Oh, and for definitive proof of how sadistic Sonic Team is, just do the Temple part of Seat of the Heart on Ultimate. What they do with the Lillies is disgusting the first time you run into it.

Olga-Rappy
Oct 27, 2003, 08:04 AM
On 2003-10-26 17:24, Kent wrote:
Dark Rooms aren't intimidating, as I have something called a "map."

Are you hacking? The Area map only shows you and enemy positions.

Cerris
Oct 27, 2003, 08:16 AM
i think its called paper or the radar

i think he was being sarcastic.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Cerris on 2003-10-27 05:18 ]</font>

rena-ko
Oct 27, 2003, 09:03 AM
hm... as a force, i dont like dark rooms, remembering the tech weakness from the sole name when you aim is nothing for me, i need to see the critter. so... jellen zalure, search switch to enlight the room and clean up. thats my usual way.

polishedweasel
Oct 27, 2003, 02:30 PM
On 2003-10-27 06:03, rena-ko wrote:
hm... as a force, i dont like dark rooms, remembering the tech weakness from the sole name when you aim is nothing for me, i need to see the critter. so... jellen zalure, search switch to enlight the room and clean up. thats my usual way.

Well considering 90% of the monsters in the game are weak to fire it makes this game kinda easy. Y'know?