PDA

View Full Version : Creating new character... But...

KodiaX987
Apr 3, 2001, 09:37 AM
I plan to make a new character: black and neon-green RAcaseal. Passion for firepower, and totally insane circuits (and the smilies to prove it! Buahahahaha!) I just have a few questions:

-Can a Ranger get a Vahara MAG? Would any Section IDs prevent me to have one?
-Which Section ID would be best for ranger rares?
-I don't see many RAcaseals around. Do they have some big flaw I should be aware of (aside from no techs)?
-What is their max ATP, DFP, and EVP?

MechDan
Apr 3, 2001, 05:57 PM
Vahara MAG? I don't think so--check the MAG FAQ on this web site to make sure.

Section ID? I don't know, but Redria is good (good shotguns and armor). I think Viridia also gets good shotguns. I don't have the Versus guide on me right now. I found my Suppressed Gun with a Redria character, and that's about the coolest looking thing for a Ranger to wield for my tastes.

RAcaseals have no particular flaw. They're rare because they get a bad rap. The PSO manual descriptions make the Forces sound better than they are, and the Versus guide is down on Rangers in general. (Very inaccurately down on Rangers!) The impression you'd get from reading FAQs is that the RAcast is pretty weak and the RAcaseal is even worse. They're all wrong!!!

Rangers are absolutely great, androids included. The Versus guide calls spread guns "iffy" offline. The only "if" about spread guns is that IF you want to slaughter everything in the room, use a spread gun! If I'm soloing V-Hard Mines, I'll bring along a mechgun to mow down Sinows and a laser to pick of Garanzes, but other than that spread guns are simply better.

Personally, I went with a RAcast rather than a RAcaseal because Shotgun series weapons look disproportionately big on a RAcaseal.

The max ATP is 553, DFP is 280, and ATA is 167 -- the same as RAcast. If you're used to Hunters, the ATP might sound disappointingly low. But you get to 5 enemies at once with that ATP, which Hunters can't do without a Spread Needle. Also, at low-mid levels your excellent ATA will mean you'll be able to hit reliably with Hard-Hard-Hard combos, which translates to more damage.

Whatley
Apr 3, 2001, 07:03 PM
Rangers can get a Varaha. But you would have to look at a mag guide to see how to evolve your mag into one.

Greennill is also a good ID for rangers cause you can find more rifles earlier than usual. My RAcast is Greennill and is able to buy JUSTY*23ST in the shops.

MechDan
Apr 4, 2001, 11:30 AM
I don't get the appeal of rifles, myself. To me, they're just ugly hand guns. I use their slight extra range to pick off V-Hard Garanzes at a distance, but that's it. Mechguns do about twice the damage in the same time, and shotguns even more when there's 3+ enemies (which is most of the time).

Even when there are only 1 or 2 enemies, shotguns are great because they don't get significantly distracted by crates or traps, and you can still somewhat fight when confused.

When fighting in the dark, you don't have to wait for enemies to show up on the radar. The targetting icons will show up a little earlier and the wide spread of a shotgun will likely catch at least some of the enemies the instant they can be attacked.

Ice_
Apr 4, 2001, 02:58 PM
hmm i dunno i was a ranger for awhile a racast and ramar and for me after awhile always palying with ym hunter friends i foudn that hunter weapons seemed tolook funner ..... becuz i would always be way back or even soemthimes close just hitting a button so i made a Hunter and i find them to be funner

*Note : I also only used Spread guns to witch probably ruined the fun for me.