PDA

View Full Version : Free techniques

Olga-Rappy
Oct 27, 2003, 07:28 AM
My friend, who has always been a complete anti-force, created a FOnewearl because I dared him to actually try using a force. I gave it an old mag and a Hildebear's Cane.

Now everything's going fine, until he finds a Foie 3 disk. He uses it, and for some weird reason, the damage the Hildy Cane does increases. Not supposed to happen if it has set damage.

Then, with a decent amount of temporary twinking, I gave his FOnewearl my Psycho Wand. Sure enough, the basic techs do less damage in his hands than in mine. A little more experimentation (Sigh of a God, Technical Crozier, Elysion) revealed the same results.

So what gives? What controls Special Attack damage, when the special attack is a spell?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Olga-Rappy on 2003-10-27 04:29 ]</font>

Z-Death
Oct 27, 2003, 09:34 AM
most likely the more experinced a char is, the more said char gets out of an item like how u heal more with mates in higher diffs

Olga-Rappy
Oct 27, 2003, 09:38 AM
No, we were testing on Normal Boomas

Stalfos333
Oct 27, 2003, 11:41 AM
The Hildebear Cane's mouth apparently determines the level of the foie. Also, MST and tech bonuses effect free spells as well.

Olga-Rappy
Oct 28, 2003, 05:33 PM
Where can I find a list of the technique levels for various items? Specifically, Caduceus and Psycho Wand?