PDA

View Full Version : The modern Tollaw actually dropping a rare theory is confirm

Mystil
Oct 27, 2003, 01:40 PM
Abosuletly nothing.

What is does, especially for you fellow purplenum HU/RA/Fos out there who seeks one. Tollaw will just head up to P2 and dupe you one. He doesn't actually, and will never(cause he told me this, I'll get to that though)drop you a lavis cannon.

Now what he, and his 12 something look alikes told me is this:

"We will drop you Evade Mats, Difluids, meseta in the 90-140 range, monomates, dimates, ???? gladius and ???? vulcans with no percents. But we will NEVER EVER EVER, NO MATTER HOW MANY OF US YOU FACE AND KILL, WILL NEVER DROP YOU A LAVIS CANNON. HA HA HA"

Red Slime told me he is more willing than the Tollaw. And he said only because he's harder to find.

Ahem. The point of this thread is this: Lavis Cannon runs are kinda a waste if you're a num. If any of you actually found one, I know you fought atleast 1000 of those things.

Auracom
Oct 27, 2003, 01:48 PM
Interesting way of putting that. ^-^; And yes Tollaw are super stingy. Eventually they will drop the rare. Sadly it might take almost forever.

Hrith
Oct 27, 2003, 03:22 PM
lol, true http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif very true
I got a Tollaw's rare in SKYLY twice, yes twice... SACRED GUARD rules...

Dragon_Knight
Oct 27, 2003, 04:04 PM
Well Tallows have dropped plently of Red boxes for me. Every last one of them a Photon drop.

Zarana
Oct 27, 2003, 05:10 PM
Interestingly enough, I found his Lavis Cannon twice. ... Then again, I've played a ludicrous amount of Purplenum. Keep at it, though, as it can be done.

bluefull32988
Oct 27, 2003, 05:21 PM
i feel your pain i have been lookin for a agito 1975 for about 4 months nothin yet

Quo
Oct 27, 2003, 06:43 PM
I've killed over 5000 tollaws lookin for that Lavis cannon and I got nuthin to show for it (at least, not from the tollaws) not even a stupid photon drop. I have not yet begun to fight; I have however begun to cry. I read a tollaws drop rate for the super rare items like Lavis cannon is 1/28,807. I got a ways to go still. meh. but I started a redria file anyway. If I get a lavis cannon from it I'm going to give it to my purplenum file and go kill tollaws with it, just for the sake of the irony.

VulpesMundi
Oct 28, 2003, 02:37 AM
On 2003-10-27 10:40, Silhouette wrote:
"We will drop you Evade Mats, Difluids, meseta in the 90-140 range, monomates, dimates, ???? gladius and ???? vulcans with no percents. But we will NEVER EVER EVER, NO MATTER HOW MANY OF US YOU FACE AND KILL, WILL NEVER DROP YOU A LAVIS CANNON. HA HA HA"

I think they were lying to you. Tollaws never drop basic photon weapons. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Seriously, though, I've managed to see Tollaws drop 2 Red Sabers, 3 Red Handguns, and quite a handfull of Photon Drops. Shame they've never dropped a Lavis Cannon or Handgun:Milla for me. And believe me, I've tried. >.<

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-10-27 23:39 ]</font>

AngelAlys
Oct 28, 2003, 04:04 AM
Argh... Tollaws, never give me Lavis... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Just like Mils never give me Psycho Wand http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif And my first ever Ruins drop was Book of Hitogata!!! Some luck I've had since then http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Although online recently Ive found some class rares, so it's all swings and roundabouts http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Mystil
Oct 28, 2003, 09:09 AM
Vulpes, that was an exaggeration from me.

On 2003-10-27 15:43, Quo wrote:
If I get a lavis cannon from it I'm going to give it to my purplenum file and go kill tollaws with it, just for the sake of the irony.

Then find some syncesta, turn it into a Double Cannon, come find me, and we can tear them up. They might ALL drop Lavises at once then. :| 28,000 huh? Whoa, even with my amount of hours, I know I've not had over 5000 battles yet.

StrongBad
Oct 28, 2003, 10:25 AM
A tollow droped me a Twin Chakram. But, uh oh, maybe when he was about to die he warped to P2, duped me a mass duped one(without the percents)and dropped it right in front of me. AHH, I have to dispose of this dirty, duped weapon!

Quo
Oct 28, 2003, 05:51 PM
On 2003-10-28 06:09, Silhouette wrote:
Vulpes, that was an exaggeration from me.

On 2003-10-27 15:43, Quo wrote:
If I get a lavis cannon from it I'm going to give it to my purplenum file and go kill tollaws with it, just for the sake of the irony.

Then find some syncesta, turn it into a Double Cannon, come find me, and we can tear them up. They might ALL drop Lavises at once then. :| 28,000 huh? Whoa, even with my amount of hours, I know I've not had over 5000 battles yet.

I'll do that. If I ever get online (*cries, dies*).

Olga-Rappy
Oct 28, 2003, 05:58 PM
I don't even bother, my Purplenum is a force.

Quo
Oct 28, 2003, 06:03 PM
On 2003-10-28 14:58, Olga-Rappy wrote:
I don't even bother, my Purplenum is a force.

You should still get one, just for the sake of having it. That way when I complain about the stinginess of tollaws you can say "yeah, I found a Lavis Cannon." Besides a force could probable slay more tollaws faster than the other classes.

MasterJoel
Oct 28, 2003, 06:41 PM
yes, i have found a twin chakram from them... although not quite a lavis, i do like them... and we found them by accident

whizkid7
Oct 28, 2003, 06:46 PM
Guess I'm lucky, I got a Lavis when I was around level 100 after about only 300 Tolaws.

Then of course, FSOD HAD to go and take it from me. A friend gave me his duped one, but since I hate dupes, I've been actively searching for my own...5000+ Tollaws and still counting...And what makes it worse is the fact that they've dropped about 50 red boxes for me, ALL of them PDs.

Olga-Rappy
Oct 28, 2003, 06:53 PM
I can relate to my Caduceus hunt with my Pinkal... So (many) Dimenians.

PS - Pun intended

toosmart4U9078
Oct 28, 2003, 08:19 PM
psh...i've killed over 10000 tollaws trying 2 get a red handgun on my greenil, thats right its been about...oh say 10 months, AND I STILL DON'T GOT IT, ACCURSED TOLLAWS