PDA

View Full Version : Character backups?

Aierylia
Feb 19, 2001, 05:05 AM
Every so often, I hear about how it's possible to backup a character. How?

Note: I'm not trying to cheat or anything. It's just that I'd rather not lose another lvl. 52 character.

Phantasm
Feb 20, 2001, 05:41 AM
Boot up the DC web browser and email your save to yourself.

Trench
Feb 28, 2001, 01:08 AM
i baxked up my charecter by sending it to my mail...and he recently got deleted...and i tryed to lod the attachment to my vmu..and it loaded...but when i went to play its like there is no PSO data on the vmu....its almost like ste save was encrypted when it maild...or corupted...anybody know whats going on???

DaHumAn
Feb 28, 2001, 02:09 AM
Anybody know a free e-mail service that has a smtp server?

Asdrubael
Feb 28, 2001, 08:35 AM
On 2001-02-27 22:08, Trench wrote:
i baxked up my charecter by sending it to my mail...and he recently got deleted...and i tryed to lod the attachment to my vmu..and it loaded...but when i went to play its like there is no PSO data on the vmu....its almost like ste save was encrypted when it maild...or corupted...anybody know whats going on???

Did you backup the .GCD file, or the .SYS file?

It'll say _GCD or _SYS on the save file... The SYS one is your character save... The GCD is the Guild Card Database...

Trench
Feb 28, 2001, 10:43 AM
yes i did attach the sys data...not the GCF "guild card file"... but ehen i look at the attachment it dosent look like PSO_SYS it has encrypted letters where PSO should be...please help i dont feel like loseing my chain sawd inferno bazooka spread needle pan and other things...if anybody solves this ill give them a free soul eater or pan your choice..... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

Trench
Feb 28, 2001, 10:44 AM
yes i did attach the sys data...not the GCF "guild card file"... but ehen i look at the attachment it dosent look like PSO_SYS it has encrypted letters where PSO should be...please help i dont feel like loseing my chain sawd inferno bazooka spread needle pan and other things...if anybody solves this ill give them a free soul eater or pan your choice..... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_frown.gif

Traiz
Mar 2, 2001, 05:38 AM
sending mail attachements to a dc wont work you must put those saves on a web site

Mik
Mar 2, 2001, 09:11 AM
Sometimes when you attach PSO______SYS to an email, the name gets corrupted. To get around that problem, just attach the file to the same message twice before sending. The second one on the list should be fine. You could always repair the first one on your PC too but you might need to hack in a new CRC (with a hex editor) for the VMS save depending on how exactly the name got corrupted.