PDA

View Full Version : Challenge Mod questions?

NodMan
Oct 27, 2003, 05:26 PM
Now a while back I was playing C-Mod with my friends and we were going through Caves part and I said that would be cool if ran into a Nar Lily or a Poully Slime. Then later we ran into a Nar Lily and Poully Slime in the same room. We killed them both and the Nar Lily drop a Trimate and the Poully Slime drop a Photon Drop. Now what am I wondering is what are we soppose to do with a Photon Drop in C-Mod?

SpyroDi
Oct 27, 2003, 06:13 PM
Hey you're pretty lucky there. Although I'm not sure if you can find PDs in CMode,finding two rare enemies in the same room(of any type)is pretty lucky.

MasterJoel
Oct 27, 2003, 06:27 PM
On 2003-10-27 15:13, SpyroDi wrote:
Hey you're pretty lucky there. Although I'm not sure if you can find PDs in CMode,finding two rare enemies in the same room(of any type)is pretty lucky.

you can't find pdrops in cmode, just like you can't find meseta... and finding rare monsters in cmode isn't lucky, its very unlucky because they are dangerous: even though they offer more exp, they take longer to kill and are more powerful (the usage of more mates maybe?)... and you will never see a red box in cmode, so don't get your hopes up from a rare monster. so, yeah, there you go.

Capricornus
Oct 28, 2003, 04:37 AM
On 2003-10-27 14:26, NodMan wrote:
We killed them both and the Nar Lily drop a Trimate and the Poully Slime drop a Photon Drop.

In your dreams?

martian_man
Oct 28, 2003, 10:54 AM
its impossible 2 find PD's in c-mode

NodMan
Oct 28, 2003, 12:11 PM
On 2003-10-28 07:54, martian_man wrote:

Then how come I got one??????? HUHUHUHUHUHUHU what now biautch.

MasterJoel
Oct 28, 2003, 06:28 PM
On 2003-10-28 09:11, NodMan wrote:

On 2003-10-28 07:54, martian_man wrote:

Then how come I got one??????? HUHUHUHUHUHUHU what now biautch.

what's a "biautch"? i'm guessing that means more knowledgable than you... am i right? 'cause its true, you can't find pdrops in cmode. and, as of yet, you have not shown any proof. or witness testimony. i'm guessing you made up the entire thing to get attention.

haruna
Nov 16, 2003, 12:58 PM
I've encountered Nar Lillies in c-mode and they're not too hard to dispatch of quickly.

An Al Rappy on the other hand...freakin OUCH.
Someone set off a confuse trap and it got said Rappy and a freakin Hildebear.
I was with noobs so I just told everyone to leave the room.
Al Rappy wins, KO.

Al Rappies are truely terrifying creatures...

AxemPunanny
Nov 19, 2003, 03:06 AM
You prolly mistaken finding a PD with another time during a normal game, or maybe you thought u saw a PD. But you cannot get PDs during cmode, like mesetas, cuz there is no use for them. There have been time for a split second, I coudl've sworn I've seen a red box drop during a cmode game, but I knew I was hallucinating. If you didn't see it first-hand, and someone said it dropped a PD, then they were lying to you.

As far as finding rare monsters being unlucky. I think if you find rare monsters in forest, that's definitely unlucky. But I've noticed that finding ones in caves, isn't actually that bad, from my experiences. Maybe it's because we had good enough wpns and ppl to kill em fast. I remember the red slime dying after one hit (& no dim attack), during the one time I've encountered one.

Capricornus
Nov 21, 2003, 11:01 AM
On 2003-11-19 00:06, AxemPunanny wrote:
You prolly mistaken finding a PD with another time during a normal game, or maybe you thought u saw a PD. But you cannot get PDs during cmode, like mesetas, cuz there is no use for them. There have been time for a split second, I coudl've sworn I've seen a red box drop during a cmode game, but I knew I was hallucinating. If you didn't see it first-hand, and someone said it dropped a PD, then they were lying to you.

As far as finding rare monsters being unlucky. I think if you find rare monsters in forest, that's definitely unlucky. But I've noticed that finding ones in caves, isn't actually that bad, from my experiences. Maybe it's because we had good enough wpns and ppl to kill em fast. I remember the red slime dying after one hit (& no dim attack), during the one time I've encountered one.

If a C-mode group does encounter a rare enemy then I would definitely advise all the members of the team hitting the rare enemy at least once to get their share of exp (yes they do give a lot of exp http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Unless you are playing TA that is.

Mixfortune
Dec 5, 2003, 02:16 AM
Offline CMode rare enemies are definitely lucky, since you can gang up on it without fear of damage cancel. Fortunately for the time we found an Al Rappy in Offline C1, it was by itself.

Funny story, sort of...
Al Rappy, ganged up with 4 people, knocked it down.
It was near the beginning of Forest 2, at the top of the hill with two ramps (out leading down to the bridge with what I think has a healing ring...). After it fell, I wasn't sure if it dropped anything, so we started to walk out of the nearby door in order to force it to try and leave.

My brother walked up to it before we were all out, waiting for it to get up. I yelled at him ( http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif ) to get out of the doorway. When he did and it got up, we hit it to make it drop absolutely nothing... waste of time waiting for them.

Kasumi19
Dec 8, 2003, 03:13 AM
I have only encountered one rare enemy in c-mode. My friend and I were playing a two player team Challenge Stage 1 and it was his first time playing c-mode. I was introducing him to it and we encountered a hildeblue. It was a pain in the arse to kill it because it kept trying to freeze us and was successful a few times. I ended up doing the hit and run thing with a handgun and finally killed it. It dropped a dimate. We actually ended up completing that challenge game despite the crappy map, it took about 25 minutes though.