PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye PSO....

Bluedeath
Oct 27, 2003, 06:30 PM
This is something thats actually a very depressing topic for me, because i have been playin PSO since the original or ver.1 for dreamcast, back in the day when u could only get up to level 100 and there were no red boxes or ba, or challenge..... This a farewell to one of the best games i have ever played and always kept me coming back. There is always the chance that ill get EP1 and 2 plus and EP3, but i dont kno when that will be : the main reason i am finally done with PSO is infact i am getting FFXI. Yes yes i feel like a traitor to all u other hardcore PSO fans, but i need something new and i dont think Ep3 is what im lookin 4, ........ Goodbye PSO, and thankyou for all the great times http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

PABLOparavida
Oct 27, 2003, 07:02 PM
PSO3 is dissapointing. I wish it wasn't a card game.

Kaos-Bringer-
Oct 27, 2003, 07:25 PM
FINALLY SOMEONE WHO SAYS THAT PSO SHOULDNT BE A CARD GAME.... I MEAN I DONT THINK IT SHOULD BE TURN based either because that the reason i liked it as an rpg... ack... oh umm well dude... we'll miss. you/.... even though.... i hav enever played with ya...

Bluedeath
Oct 27, 2003, 08:08 PM
yea i never wanted pso to change , soo the whole card concept kinda disappointed me and im kinda scared to play it cause it might make me think less of the pso series

Muku6
Oct 27, 2003, 08:11 PM
I'm not fond of it being card based either. Worst mistake ever I IMHO. Bit late on the card game bandwagon anyways. While only a demo at E3, I wasn't even remotely impressed.

But, as for getting FFXI, awesome! I was in Beta for the PS2 version, it rocks! You'll have lots of fun. When it gets released for PS2 I'll be on. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Velocity_7
Oct 27, 2003, 08:34 PM
You know what, though? PSO Episode 1 & 2 is becoming repetitive. We're seeing the same quests over and over. We're seeing the same type of combat, same type of weaponry, etc. We all need a change someday, and if it has to be a Card-type game I don't mind. At least it's being a little more mature considering that we've been glueing our eyes and wasting our time so much on v1, v2, and v3, even though it is a great ride and all. If you don't like C.A.R.D. Revolution and want to miss out on an actual involving storyline (at least from what I heard), then don't buy it. Simple as that. Don't get me wrong though, Sonic Team may have decided horribly on picking a card-game so to speak, but if they have to change for the sake of changing, then so be it. You cook a turkey, sure eating it the first time is great, but eating from the same one for too long becomes a bit of a nuisance.

I like v1, v2, and v3, and I hope C.A.R.D. Revolution turns out to be great.

mkay
Oct 27, 2003, 10:45 PM
I agree that turn based isnt going to be a great thing. However, I think it will be good to get a fresh start without all of these game glitches. It will be good to not have to worry about duping, multi equip, max stat, or any other glitches. I'm hoping that there will be no fsod/fsodx... that would be heaven. And I also think that the true PSO fans will be the ones to buy PSO card revo.

AquaFlare7
Oct 28, 2003, 12:43 AM
anything that runs through a connection online via server sessions (AKA phantasy star online) is vulnerable. I'm sure if Barubary saw this post, she would agree with me, as any data that is sent / recieved can be intercepted, decrypted, and worst of all EDITED. Do not be surprised if you see things like decks with more than the limit of cards etc. as that is what happens with any data online. The truth is that nothing is perfect here on earth, why else would they put erasers on pencils?

jazzerb25
Oct 28, 2003, 07:08 PM
see you on ffxi http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif getting it tomorrow from gamestop with my pre-order lol

Mixfortune
Oct 28, 2003, 07:47 PM
On 2003-10-27 16:25, Kaos-Bringer- wrote:
FINALLY SOMEONE WHO SAYS THAT PSO SHOULDNT BE A CARD GAME.... I MEAN I DONT THINK IT SHOULD BE TURN based either because that the reason i liked it as an rpg... ack... oh umm well dude... we'll miss. you/.... even though.... i hav enever played with ya...

The ironic thing is that the Phantasy Star series began as a turn based RPG. Yeah I know that you didn't play against other people back then, either, but it is sort of amusing to hear someone say PSO shouldn't be turned based.

The only things I'd care about EP3 online is:

Can other players FSOD me?
Can other players corrupt me?
Will there be high risk of corruption ie double save?
Can other players use an auto-win hack?

And last but not least:

Will players just sit idle until doomsday or the time limit each and every turn?

Muku6
Oct 29, 2003, 12:52 AM
On 2003-10-28 16:08, jazzerb25 wrote:
see you on ffxi http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif getting it tomorrow from gamestop with my pre-order lol

Sounds good, but I won't be on until the PS2 version comes out as beta users get both the HDD and final retail version of the game free. That and I'm not a PC gaming person. But the best part is that both PC users and PS2 players can play together.

Have fun on it! ^_^

CrimsonII2
Oct 29, 2003, 02:37 AM
well, so long as I can afford it, I'm gonna be trying to play both games, at the least until I somehow hit level 200 with one of my chars, or I slowly just stop playing one of the two games, which I'll just kinda phase out whichever one I stop playing, but I think its inevitable to have to say good bye to any good or great game, its just something that happens, sometimes you don't even realize it till you take a look at the game collecting dust on your shelf or whatever, and thinking something like "how long has it been since I played that?" or maybe like "why did I play that for so long"

Berzerker
Oct 29, 2003, 04:17 AM
CARD.....hmm, well in my thoughts it could turn out to be a great, but taking such a violent twist from PSO was very surprising and a little to violent for me to like. I reallllly like/liked (haven't played in a while) PSO and just changing it's next part, well, I dunno, just didn't have that attraction for me to buy it. Might buy iy...probs depends if someone I know buys it and see what it's like. wahey, my 100th post

EmperorAnt
Oct 29, 2003, 11:08 AM
I firmly believe in the PSO series. I may have my horrible, nagging thoughts about Episode 3, but I'm sure it will work for the best. I do agree with the others who said this game won't be perfect. Where there is a will, there is a way! I know plenty of people who are getting ready to hack and cheat. They make stronger wall to protect themselves....cheaters make stronger shovel to dig under the wall. It's sad really but what can you do. I, for one, will not buy PSO Episode 3 when it comes out because of one main reason! Lack of money people! LOL! L8RS!

EmperorAnt (Slayer of Darkness)
"The Forgotten Hunters of Pioneer 1"