PDA

View Full Version : FLCL...one of the best in a while...

polishedweasel
Oct 28, 2003, 02:24 AM
I just finished watching the whole season of FLCL...and I have to say that's one of the best series I've ever seen. I really enjoyed it. But it's really hard to follow at times and I found myself rewinding the show at times. I especcially liked that robot...the name starts with a "C" and whats with the South Park stuff in ep. 5?

It's all funny and entertaining...what can I say? I like this kinda stuff.

Kent
Oct 28, 2003, 03:20 AM
It's the least sane thing I've ever seen on TV...

polishedweasel
Oct 28, 2003, 03:30 AM
That's why it's so good.

Xiu_Hazuki
Oct 28, 2003, 11:33 AM
I don't really like it for the fact that its hard to follow. At times, the scenes are far to drawn out and nothing interesting happens, then a split second later stuff is flying everywhere, people are screaming, and it still makes no sense.

geewj
Oct 28, 2003, 01:16 PM
I just watched the whole thing on DVDs yesterday. Later that day my girlfriend asked me what it was about.

"uhh...well, hmmm....you'd..kinda have to see it."

It's a good anime. But, needless to say, it's no Bebop.

polishedweasel
Oct 28, 2003, 03:29 PM
But it's good. It helps that you have it on DVD though..so you can actually watch it in English...I had to read subtitles and figure out what was happening too.

The perfect work for this show is "Random." Yeah, that fits perfectly.

EDIT: I found that Southpark FLCL pic...

EDIT: DON'T POST POP UP AD, SPYWARE LINKS LIKE THAT

mweeeeheeee

I guess someone doesn't like external linking.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: polishedweasel on 2003-10-28 15:44 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saladwood on 2003-10-29 03:07 ]</font>

Jaks
Oct 28, 2003, 06:02 PM
Gainax were hyper-active when they came up with the scripts.
But I like the part when Naota's dad was dressed like Lupin the 3rd and then they did part of the Lupin theme.

Abaddon
Oct 29, 2003, 06:04 AM
FLCL was the most insane anime I have ever seen...I loved it! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Well...the most insane thing next to Don Hertzfeldt's 'Rejected' http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Droit
Oct 29, 2003, 09:29 AM
that is the best show ever. randomness is awesome and this is hilarious. i love epi 5 with all the shooting and stuff. so much fun. ::watches them all again::

SpikeOtacon
Oct 29, 2003, 01:16 PM
I think that FLCL has to be the most creative anime I have seen in years. Mind you, I watch much more than the crap they show on cartoon network. It has to be that it's so insane that drew me into it. I loved ep. 5. Infact, A few friends of mine wanted to actually TRY the scene where Hakuro is attacked in the hair parlor. My old man always said that Anime wasn't good because they couldn't produce the same rush as american cartoons. Well, after watching Ep. 5, I compared it to Invader Zim. I must say, dad, I was more hyped up over FLCL than Invader Zim (Which has got to be the best AMERICAN cartoon in years).

Anubis_
Oct 29, 2003, 01:26 PM
FLCL is probably one of the best series iv ever seen..

Its frikin crazy.. plus it taught me how to say Manga correctly.. lol..

It was kinda short.. but so are most well animated series anyway..

Don't get me wrong Cowboy Bebop is great.. but both it and Fooly Cooly have a flaw to me.. Sad Endings..

I guess im just too old fashioned.. I like my happy endings...

pixelate
Oct 29, 2003, 02:26 PM
Good because of random nonsense? Right...

Shattered_weasel
Oct 29, 2003, 04:26 PM
your a little late there polished...