PDA

View Full Version : Wow it kinda makes sense...

ilr2000
Oct 28, 2003, 12:34 PM
I remember back in original v1 where a new character usually didn't attempt normal Falz until the 30's. At least this was the case for me and most of my friends. When C-mode came out on v2 it always felt a little strange taking on DF with the team's average level of 17/18. And it was also strange that you could go into hard mode online at level 20, but offline v1 you weren't touchin that for a while.

But recently my internet connection got cut off (posting from school right now) so I decided to make a new offline uber legit character just for old time's sake. To my surprise I was able to do a straight run through of normal mode and beat Falze at level 18. AND only taking 7:30 hours to do it! (Damn I missed S rank!! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif)

I always thought that the GC version was easier somehow... but it wasn't really made 'easier'.. it was made 'consistant'. A run through of C-mode matches a run through of offline normal mode almost perfectly. And beating falz put me at lvl 19... just one level away from going into hard mode online.

I'm only making this thread because after all the people saying "You-cant-spell-STupid-without..", I wanted to remind some people of the things ST fixed in the GC version. I think all cheaters and legits alike should sit down and run through offline normal mode using only what the PSO god gave them. Don't play the character with the concept of just using that character's section ID in ult mode... just play the game for the sake of playing the game. If you challenge yourself to finish normal mode within the first 20 levels, there is NO WAY you can go without using involved strategizing and character managment. Its a great reminder that PSO is an increadible RPG

(Unrelated: The character I used was HUcaseal named Lady Wedge. Wedge is an old old online buddy of mine who I've known for four+ years. We both got v1 the day it came out, and the ONLY character he EVER played with was this mammoth sized silver HUcast named Wedge. Come to think of it I think he still has screen caps from me and him playing v1 in hard mode ruins. Unfortunatly V2 made him bitter and he's too untrusting of ST to shell out 100+ bucks for GC PSO (he doesn't have a GC). He took his gaming very seriously, and he was the most extreme legit player I've ever met in any game. However he was never annoying about it. In fact I was usually the one complaining about cheaters far more than him. He was a great player on PSO, and I hope Lady Wedge will become a true testimate of his strength and teamwork http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif)

NodMan
Oct 28, 2003, 12:46 PM
That is kinda EDIT not unitl you were LV30 what kinda character were you?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Saladwood on 2003-10-28 11:44 ]</font>

Hrith
Oct 28, 2003, 04:59 PM
That's like your opinion, man. Every person enjoys a game his/her own way.

joncushing
Oct 28, 2003, 05:51 PM
ilr2000 has a point though, sometimes, rather than going online to hunt rares, we should go online just to have fun kicking some ass with friends and if you find a cool rare its a bonus!

The edit was just a spelling mistake, i put irl instead of ilr lol (not that any of you care im sure lol)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: joncushing on 2003-10-28 14:53 ]</font>