PDA

View Full Version : Reaching Offline Ulty with a HUcaseal; How?

cutopia
Oct 28, 2003, 01:25 PM
So, I was just perusing the thread about FOmars and it was mentioned that HUcaseals are another very challenging character. I have certainly found this to be the case. So I ask this of those who have risen to the challenge: how did you get past dark falz's final form offline? Even with my HUnewearl, I totally just foied him to death and that was it.

SubstanceD
Oct 28, 2003, 01:36 PM
Although I have been around since the Version 1 days on the Dreamcast I still concider myself to be fairly inexperienced in the ways of PSO, because of this I choose not to rush through levels but rather to proceed at a leisurely pace, in other words I chose not to take on Very Hard Dark Flaz with my Hucaseal untill I was able to get through Very Hard Ruins with very little difficulty and no need to travel back to Pioneer 2 to restock. This was lv. 90 ish or so with my Hucaseal. Very Hard Falz was tough but he was not much tougher than Hard Falz ( I had never seen Flaz' 3rd form before so it caught me offguard ).

Ultimate on the other hand is proving to be an enormous challenge for her. It takes her too long to kill stuff and she takes major damage if I am not careful with waht I am doing. I Now officially agree that she may be the hardest character in the game to use right after Fomar. I once was arrogant enough to think that I could have gotten my Hiucaseal to Lv.200, now I know better. still a great character ( still my favorite ) but expect a serious challenge in the later half of teh game especially if you are Offline and Solo.

Asia_Skyly
Oct 28, 2003, 02:41 PM
Make sure you have 10 mono, di and trimates. Bring some Star Atomizers for the ride (often people forget these). Bring as many scape dolls as you can carry.

You will need a handgun, preferably with % to hit and dark. A Varista suits this purpose. Use the varista at the spikes and the final form and bring a sword/mechguns for the multiheaded form and the spinning form.

Above all, you will need a good mag. Nothing will help you more than a good mag such as Sato or Nidra (any mag that casts invincibility often). To make things better, try to get a mag that has the Wonder Twins in it.

The Hucaseal is an online character, however, offline, she starts to shine around level 137 or so. At least that is the level I remember where everything came together for her. At that level I had enough traps to clear an entire level without visiting the Pioneer, enough ATP to kill everything in one combo and enough Def and Evasiveness to deflect lots of the lower level beasties attacks.

My Hucaseal is one of my favorites characters now. She is flawed in many ways, but her flaws make the reward of having a booteh trashing character all the greater. Right now she is an incredibly destructive and vicious killing machine... and she looks damn fine at it too!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Asia_Skyly on 2003-10-28 11:43 ]</font>

Alteisen
Oct 28, 2003, 02:58 PM
I managed to get into offline Ult at level 67 with my HUcaseal Excellen. Main thing I did was bring a good gun for the Darvants, a multi-hit melee weapon for Dark Force / Dark Falz / That Big Ugly Thing(tm) first and second forms, and an HP-draining gun for the final form.

As for restoratives, I had 10 Dimates, 10 Trimates, 2 Star Atomizers, and two Scape Dolls, in the all-too-common case of my screwing up. Ended up burning through all my Dis, half my Tris, and one Scape. Think I also used a Star as well.

But yeah, it's possible at a sub-80 level.

cutopia
Oct 28, 2003, 03:04 PM
Impressive! Thanks for the input.

I may indeed have to give that class another chance.

Mixfortune
Oct 28, 2003, 07:52 PM
You might also want to try filling up on restorative items and then heading down to Falz and dropping them off. Then purposely die to the Darvants. When you come back, bring more items and repeat as necessary. This way when you run low on items, you can pick up the ones on the ground. Since you have plenty of time before you activate the monolith, take the time to break up the items into smaller chunks. That way you don't have to be at 0 items to pick up a set of 10.

Just be sure you don't go over the limit of item boxes on the ground (50 I think), otherwise they start disappearing. This should not be too big of a problem though, unless you need 400-500 dimates http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Olga-Rappy
Oct 28, 2003, 07:57 PM
Pack 10 Dimates, 10 Trimates, and fill any of the extra spots in your inventory with Scapes.

Quo
Oct 28, 2003, 08:03 PM
On 2003-10-28 16:52, Mixfortune wrote:
You might also want to try filling up on restorative items and then heading down to Falz and dropping them off. Then purposely die to the Darvants. When you come back, bring more items and repeat as necessary. This way when you run low on items, you can pick up the ones on the ground. Since you have plenty of time before you activate the monolith, take the time to break up the items into smaller chunks. That way you don't have to be at 0 items to pick up a set of 10.

Just be sure you don't go over the limit of item boxes on the ground (50 I think), otherwise they start disappearing. This should not be too big of a problem though, unless you need 400-500 dimates http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Right. I beat him at level 67. And the only way I was able to do so was to drop dis and tris. I used somewhere around 30 dis and 20 tris. I also found his third form impossible to beat untill I brought a handgun. Untill I did so I used all the dis and tris I brought and lost because of this.

Kaos-Bringer-
Oct 28, 2003, 08:24 PM
heh... wonder if i should say what i used... heh at the time i beat very hard falz with my hucaseal(which dominates olga flow in ult with like only 2 scapes needed)... at the time... she was using angry fists lol... i actually found beating very hard with her very easy... oh umm btw my hucaseal hit ult at 61

Quo
Oct 28, 2003, 11:36 PM
On 2003-10-28 17:24, Kaos-Bringer- wrote:
heh... wonder if i should say what i used... heh at the time i beat very hard falz with my hucaseal(which dominates olga flow in ult with like only 2 scapes needed)... at the time... she was using angry fists lol... i actually found beating very hard with her very easy... oh umm btw my hucaseal hit ult at 61

The best weapon I had was a gladius.

Kaos-Bringer-
Oct 30, 2003, 07:47 AM
heh thats why you need to spend time looking for rares in very hard... i did about 15 very hard cave runs or something to finally get angry fists from the blue slimes... course then in ulty mode me and my friend found a red slime in my id and i got a legit lavis cannon... -_- still need 2 syncesta's for lavis blades... *takes oran to beat up tallow's*

jDA025
Oct 30, 2003, 09:07 AM
I made Ult with my HUcaseal i think about level 66...it was hard but it happened

Malkavian
Oct 30, 2003, 01:25 PM
Look! And is legit. Well there's item transfer between characters.

http://www.members.optushome.com.au/pointycat/PSO/hucasealult.jpg
http://tails04.sonicteam.com/visualbbs/data/200310/4423.png
http://tails04.sonicteam.com/visualbbs/data/200310/4423-1.png

AppieDPC
Oct 30, 2003, 01:52 PM
LOL my first Ep1&2 char was a HUcaseal (good old JPN 1.0), but she managed to get into Ult around lv63 or so. Could have been sooner(like Malkavian way sooner lol), but all the stuff was new back then http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif so played a lot online and hardly offline. I was lv 40 when I wooped Olga on Normal LOL. Complete overkill.
He didn't last 2 minutes against the hucey lol.

Lv63 vs Falz was a breeze.
Used all my dimates, a couple of my trimates and still had a shitload of star atoms and dolls.

Btw the hucey wasn't tweaked (obviously http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

joluh
Oct 30, 2003, 05:41 PM
Hummm all those posts made me want to try with a HUcaseal again...

darthsaber9x9
Oct 30, 2003, 05:49 PM
the class is great fun. It was pretty easy(although witha red handgun and yamato)My mag helped alot. Lv 200 nidra(raised by and for that character btw). i beat falz at level 60 summin i think

opaopajr
Oct 31, 2003, 03:07 AM
even on DC (where you can't hit ult til 80) HUcaseal can still get to ult fairly easily.

just utilize her strengths and compensate for her weaknesses. her biggest challenge is HP restore, so bring a Gush weapon (spreads are useful for this in 1st form, saves on mates) and a Gush handgun is fantastic for the 3rd form =D

10 dimates, 10 trimates, 10 star atoms, some scape dolls, and a gush gun makes life easy for all =D

Oh, be sure to be able to survive the grants attack otherwise it'll drain you fast. and anti freeze is a good idea too.

on DC by lvl 80 you should be abl to defeat it easily. on the GC if you optimize right it should be easy as the others prove.

AquaFlare7
Oct 31, 2003, 03:26 AM
HUcaseal wasn't on the dreamcast

opaopajr
Oct 31, 2003, 03:31 AM
oops, reading as racaseal

never mind then. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif that's what i get for replying at midnight ;D

AppieDPC
Oct 31, 2003, 09:34 AM
On 2003-10-31 00:07, opaopajr wrote:
even on DC (where you can't hit ult til 80) HUcaseal can still get to ult fairly easily.
???????????????????????
Uhm, you thinking online only? Because offline you can get to Ult any time your character can woop VH falz. Even on DC v2 *remembers his FOmarl on lv66 in Forest Ult on DC v2* (which wasn't tweaked either http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif)

just utilize her strengths and compensate for her weaknesses. her biggest challenge is HP restore, so bring a Gush weapon (spreads are useful for this in 1st form, saves on mates) and a Gush handgun is fantastic for the 3rd form =D
Droids can restore HP if they stand still on NGC.
My lv127 HUcaseal of NGC JPN 1.0 could restore her 1100+ hp within 3 minutes. It helps http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

lain2k3
Oct 31, 2003, 03:16 PM
I got my HUcassy into ult at level 48. in the falz fight, i used 10 monomates, 5 dimates, and 3 trimates(accident, only had 450 hp)

It was incredibly easy, and she had only used 45 mats.

Nohra
Oct 31, 2003, 03:20 PM
My lv127 HUcaseal of NGC JPN 1.0 could restore her 1100+ hp within 3 minutes. It helps http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

...you show me a HUcaseal that can stand still for three minutes in a boss battle with Dark Falz on Ult, and I'll show you one hell of a hacked character. ^_^

Xiu_Hazuki
Oct 31, 2003, 03:29 PM
The HUcaseal as a unique double saber animation, one which is very very fast and rather effective. I lucked out getting a Double Saber with 40% hit. Also I gave her a Last Survior with 20% hit, and a Varista. For multi hitting weapon, my Bloody Art was good. 0/30/30/50 In any case, I had her equipped with two Master/Ability and two Hero/Ability, so her Luck was pretty decent. I beat Falz v hard at lv 54 and Ult Forest at lv 61, though it took a while. I didn't need to do that little, drop all your healing items, die and come back. Infact, I never do that. But I did have a full stock of stars as well. I barely managing to survive his claw swipe. The grants and Heaven's Punishment were nothing to worry about though.

A HUcaseal's beauty is it have alot of better attack animations. Its unarmed animation is probably the best of all the classes, seeing as the last sweeping kick actually has knock back. I love HUcaseal's, and don't really see the challenge people say they are. They are fast, pretty accurate, and excel in close range, the kind of fighter I am anyways. Give her a decent Double Saber class weapon with a hit% and Ultimate isn't that hard.

Quo
Oct 31, 2003, 03:43 PM
On 2003-10-30 04:47, Kaos-Bringer- wrote:
heh thats why you need to spend time looking for rares in very hard... i did about 15 very hard cave runs or something to finally get angry fists from the blue slimes... course then in ulty mode me and my friend found a red slime in my id and i got a legit lavis cannon... -_- still need 2 syncesta's for lavis blades... *takes oran to beat up tallow's*

Damn. I wish I could find a lavis cannon. BTW you only need 1 syncesta to get the lavis blades. 2 will yeild the double cannon. And with oran you'll be hunting hildetorrs for syncestas.

fury02
Oct 31, 2003, 06:00 PM
Well I've been playing with a HUcaseal for a long time. And I'd have to say they are totally awsome! Hp regenerate + good ATA + god like evasion = unstopable. What you need to do to, to be a good HUcaseal is to focus on guns as much as swords. Guns will help you keep most enemies at a distance(since you have good ata) which will make up for your lack DFP(not to say that your defence is bad). And if enemies do get close you just wip out your swords kill them real fast. Note too that HUcaseal is one of fastest characters in the game. And just in case you get surrounded your evasion will help you big time. When I get surrounded only half or less of the enemies swings actually hit me. I have had no difficulties going through ULT with my HUcaseal.

If you wanted to face Falz I would do this:

Drop a telepipe before you go to Falz.

Then go to Falz with all the mates and scape dolls you can carry.

Drop all your mates and dolls on floor then die.

Go back to town and get more supplies, then back to Falz and fight him with all the extra supplies.(Repeat more if you want, just until you feel cofortable with how many things are down there.)

Thats my strategy, some may argue, but it's my strategy like it or not.

KingChaos
Nov 2, 2003, 11:33 AM
on falz ult off line i used red handgun, double cannon and king vulcans

on v hard with racaseal i used guld millas so mechs would be good

Kaos-Bringer-
Nov 3, 2003, 03:38 PM
heh *snatches that twin brand from the pic* my cousin needs one and i have yet to find one from barba ulty... thanks lol http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif