PDA

View Full Version : Offline humars...

T0dd
Oct 28, 2003, 04:22 PM
i was just curious if someone could tell me what is a good level for a humar to face the ultimate ruins.

Bit
Oct 28, 2003, 04:23 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=1251

http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php?op=viewarticle&artid=765

Neo_Slayer
Oct 28, 2003, 04:24 PM
whenever you want to. i'd just go at it. if you less then 100 though don't try.

T0dd
Oct 28, 2003, 04:31 PM
i was just wondering if anyone had some tips. i can make it through, i just hit lvl 109. im taking quite a bit of damage though.

Delsaber
Oct 28, 2003, 05:17 PM
My HUcast is loaded with defense and I still take considerable damage. It just takes time, but you can do it at any level as long as you can do damage to the enemy and survive one hit.

joncushing
Oct 28, 2003, 05:45 PM
Ive got a level 110 HUmar and i havnt gone through ult mines yet http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif, but i would think your best bet is to try single enemies out rather than attack groups, so you arent overwhelmed and destroyed,i would say use a fast weapon, perhaps a saber type weapon???

Delsaber
Oct 28, 2003, 06:00 PM
A Red Sword might be nice, it's special causes paralysis. Paralysis then destroy!

Nai_Calus
Oct 28, 2003, 06:05 PM
Mechguns, mechguns, and more mechguns. I don't know how I would have survived without my 50% Hit Master's Gatling when I went through. Can't get too detailed, I only went through once, and that only to unlock Ruins. ORAN Ult Mine is grim.

I was L104 when I beat Vol Opt Ver.2, BTW, to give you an idea.(First character, not overly twinked yet.)

Crusha
Oct 28, 2003, 06:37 PM
When I got to ultimate i was around a lvl 80 HUmar , my main strategy was to cast the defense and attack weakening spell on the monsters and it helped a lot and still does http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

cutopia
Oct 28, 2003, 06:48 PM
On 2003-10-28 15:37, Crusha wrote:
When I got to ultimate i was around a lvl 80 HUmar , my main strategy was to cast the defense and attack weakening spell on the monsters and it helped a lot and still does http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Yeah, I don't know what that was about being over level 100... at least with HUnewearls, if they've eaten enough HP mats or otherwise have sufficient HP, they can get to ulty certainly around lvl 80. You just have to be able to foie falz's final form and heal yourself from his nasty attacks.

ShadowChao
Oct 28, 2003, 07:57 PM
Does anyone read?

I mean, this person is asking what level they should be before attempting Ultimate Ruins, not VHard Falz.

IMO, 111-115 is a good level for an offline HUmar, as I'm offline only and have a 111 HUmar. Weaponry is a choice, but sabers aren't good for large group-type rooms like the Ruins holds.

Good luck!

Olga-Rappy
Oct 28, 2003, 07:59 PM
Not sure about Mar, Cast is 95 with Mechs, 100 with Sword.

Kaos-Bringer-
Oct 28, 2003, 08:36 PM
ehhh.. hmm yes i would agree around the 111-115 thing... my hucaseal beat ult ruins around that and then ult seabed at 117.. but she is an android... my humar is still in ult caves level 65 using double cannon (offline only)

Tilldawn
Oct 28, 2003, 08:56 PM
im lvl 115 Oran and finding mines quite damn hard so im sticking with forest runs till i dont get injured in them so far so good with jellen and zalure they dont hurt me often but mines IS a grim place

Night_Star
Oct 28, 2003, 09:33 PM
hmm.... my humar is lvl 120 and he gets pwnd in the mines! http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
ive only made it through the mines just once... and when i went into the ruins they killed me even faster http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_cry.gif
my weapons that i use are a partisan of lighting and/or an asuka
both of which kinda suck... if you ask me

Kaos-Bringer-
Oct 28, 2003, 10:24 PM
whoa!? no way man.. partisan of lightning rocks... heh thats what my hucaseal used when she beat falz and olga in ult mode

T0dd
Oct 29, 2003, 02:03 AM
well, i can survive about 3or 4 hits, and if i use jellen and zalure i can survive about 6 or 7 easy. i dont like useing a saber type weapon because its too easy to be overwhelmed. i just use my flowens sword. but if im fighting delsabers or indi belras i use either my red saber or my delsaber gear. im just glad to know im not the only one taking alot of damage there.

Spider
Oct 29, 2003, 02:33 AM
I just hit level 80, up to the mines, been there for a while, just not too game to attack it just yet, those chics (that sounds weird!) are just too overwelming.

T0dd
Oct 29, 2003, 03:17 AM
yea, i was about level 88 before i started working on the mines, its easy with a partisan or sword type weapon, but if you get too far from the chichs, the'll shoot ya down. and the baranz...ohh boy.

Spider
Oct 30, 2003, 04:37 AM
Done a few quests (failed the mome adventure due to extremely over using the mome shield!) but yet to fight a baranz, I could imagine it being quite a battle!

Nai_Calus
Oct 30, 2003, 05:31 AM
Dude, you don't fight Baranz. You run around them like a scared little girl and make them kill themselves.

Err... What's this 115 crap for Mines? Dude, my HUmar beat them at L103 and could have done it earlier if I'd put my mind to it. He's 112 now, has had Ult Falz beaten since L108, and can hold his own enough to make it all the way to Olga fricking Flow. >_>;

And I didn't have uber equip, either. I beat Mines with a 50% Hit Master's Gatling, and Vol Opt with a freaking STAG CUTLERY. Didn't even have my Guard Wave yet then, either...

Quit being wimps! ^_^ J/Z everything, and if you're in Ruins fighting a bunch of Arlans and the like... Get out a Partisan. With a God/Battle, you should be able to get in a full Normal-Heavy-Heavy combo without getting whacked. Don't use a sword, they're too slow, at least in my experience. Red Partisan is good, but even a Gungnir with Hit will do.

Olga-Rappy
Oct 30, 2003, 07:08 AM
On 2003-10-30 02:31, Ian-KunX wrote:

That, and spam Rabarta. Oh, and I agree with everything there, I second it.

T0dd
Oct 30, 2003, 12:29 PM
oh yea,i already knew the stratagy with the baranz, its just hard to do when the chichs surround you. im at lvl 110 and im sure i can take falz, i just have to have the patience to go through the ruins. i dont know about olga though.

Spider
Oct 31, 2003, 08:19 PM
I'm level 81, I could do mines, just havn't had the time to do it, will conquor it one day soon.

Proto_Coyote
Oct 31, 2003, 08:28 PM
Sure you can survive areas like Mines & Ruins at lower levels, but it doesn't mean you aren't going to be slapped around quite a bit. Especially online.

At LV 190, I still don't like going into Ruins without a FO character for support http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

ShadowChao
Nov 1, 2003, 02:19 AM
Sure, J/Z is a good thing to use (and I never use mine, don't think I ever have) and you CAN get through the Ruins before 115 if you tried... but when you're a chicken shit like me, and your gear sucks, it's scary. They're ultra fast, take forever to kill, and... ugh.

Don't even get me started on Delsabers and Indi Belras. Basically, I'm too scared of them to beat the Ruins yet.

Spider
Nov 1, 2003, 09:27 PM
Don't even get me started on Delsabers and Indi Belras. Basically, I'm too scared of them to beat the Ruins yet.

Ahhh indi Belras, had some nice encounters with them doing the temple, they are just ridiculous!

KaFKa
Nov 1, 2003, 11:04 PM
bah, u nubs. my level 98 legit HUnewearl beat ult ruins no problem. the trick is to NOT GET HIT. wow, what a change of pace. and about falz, just pack alot of di/tri mates and fluids, and prey your ELT is above 40 for the encounter, cuz the barta is easy to dodge. peace

Delsaber
Nov 2, 2003, 10:59 AM
I beat Falz at 83 and Flow at 87 with my HUcast. It just takes time and a lot of healing stuff.. and scape dolls. Olga flow is easier than Falz, so I think.

KingChaos
Nov 2, 2003, 11:41 AM
Cure Slow and Cure Freeze And You Can do it at 125 easily

SkyBlade
Nov 5, 2003, 01:13 AM
MAGS MAGS MAGS!!! They make SOOOOOOOO much difference. hunters almost need a pure power/defense mag. They're like heaven!

I also recomend finding a friend who can give you a great mechgun. Im a 114 Humar Skyly and I use them all the time. All you single minded hunters need to get over the big swords dominate theory(even though they do) and get some variation. And always stick with jellen and zalure. theyve saved me hundreds of times.

Have fun leveling up your mags!