PDA

View Full Version : GC-Item: Spread Needle

Rep0
Oct 28, 2003, 05:50 PM
Justan estimate for those that have found one, how many ruins run did it take?

Using Yellowboze, so it's a Merlan drop

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rep0 on 2003-10-28 14:50 ]</font>

hucasts_rock
Oct 28, 2003, 07:14 PM
took ages for me to find mine..I wasn't specifically looking for it then a bringer comes and merrily drops me a needle...then later, I corrupted http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

Mist
Oct 28, 2003, 07:29 PM
Slightly off topic but a congrats to ST for toning down the Spread Needle from DC - The range is much reduced, and there is no longer an Srank Needle. It's almost a melee weapon for Rangers on range, the speed and recovery thankfully are intact.

In all my years I've only know one person who found one in a game I was in - That's a long time. But at least you're not looking for a Punisher...

Rep0
Oct 28, 2003, 09:01 PM
On 2003-10-28 16:29, Mist wrote:
In all my years I've only know one person who found one in a game I was in - That's a long time. But at least you're not looking for a Punisher...

Yeah, I want a weapon that will actually be useful for me in ultimate.

RicoRoyal
Oct 28, 2003, 09:14 PM
Even from a Merlan, the spread Needle wasn't that difficult for me to find. The trick is to not go looking for it. I've been looking for a Smoking Plate off of an Arlan (a freakinnnnng ARLAN!!!) for what seems like a year now... oh wait, it has been a year! My point is that I've found 3 spread needles on accident, and most have been in the highly merlan-free Ruins 1. So if you wander into R2 and R3 you will have no trouble finding the Spread Needle. In my attempt to find the Smoking Plate I've also found 2 sorcerrers right arms and 3 indi belra arms not to mention 100000000 DBs Swords and Delsaber right arms. Say... if you find a Smoking Plate before the Spread Needle, I'll trade ya 3 of my needles for 1 of your plates. Eh? Eh? Goodluck NOT looking for the Needle; it's your best bet.

lain2k3
Oct 28, 2003, 10:12 PM
I found 3 needles within 5 times in the ruins, not even full runs.

Rep0
Oct 29, 2003, 12:42 AM
Yay, got it on the third run. has 15% machine, which is kinds dissapointing, but I'm still happy.

Soukosa
Oct 29, 2003, 01:55 AM
On 2003-10-28 16:29, Mist wrote:
there is no longer an Srank Needle.

Not true. All of the S-Ranks the were available in on DC and PC are still there, and then some. They just aren't available yet.

TekkamanBlade
Oct 29, 2003, 02:29 AM
Hey man its will be kinda easy to find a spread needle. I have found 6 of them with my greennill ramarl. So yellowboze shouldnt be much of a differ.

kidterru
Oct 29, 2003, 06:25 AM
I found my spread with my purplenum id. It was on my first run in ruins and i wasnt even looking for it either. That was a nice find.

Olga-Rappy
Oct 29, 2003, 06:57 AM
Purplenum. I found 2, but no Guardianna. Then, when trying to unlock Seabed, I gave up on the Guardianna, as a superior card weapon was literally dropped into my open palms by Gal Gryphon.

This was in the course of... a little over a month.

PatserGOUKI
Oct 29, 2003, 07:12 AM
Hi,

About Spread Needle, I found 3 with my Ramar REDRIA, from a Dark Bringer. I dint search for them, i just did a lot of ruins ult laps for the exp. Its cool when u not search for it, so i aggree with RC4, tho i also found a smoking plate with 4 slots form a dark gunner... sorry RC http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Just try the ruins, ull find one one day, this is a message for everyone...

Gouki

_Sinue_
Oct 29, 2003, 09:31 AM
I had one drop in my game tonight (Greenill) and I about logged off in shame. I hate the Spread Needle, and the fact that my game spawned another one of those vile bastards into the PSO world sickens me.

Armi Lynn (The RAcaseal) was happy though.. so at least someone got a kick out of it. I personally wouldn't have even taken it up to the tekker so I could sell it for 10 Meseta instead of 1.

SuperDK
Oct 29, 2003, 10:06 AM
My bro found 2 in one run. I thought it was common because that was his first run too. Although, now its impossible to find...

Primrose
Oct 29, 2003, 11:46 AM
Slightly off topic but a congrats to ST for toning down the Spread Needle from DC - The range is much reduced, and there is no longer an Srank Needle. It's almost a melee weapon for Rangers on range, the speed and recovery thankfully are intact.

Im assuming that you consider it a negative fact that Sonic Team weakened the Spread Needle.
I think its rather good, it gives the game a lot more balance, and that only Rangers can equip it is just fair.
Now, if you want a weapon that hits multiple enemies, you have the choice between... lets say Baranz Launcher with the higher ATP but slower attack animation and the Spread Needle with the lower ATP and bad range, but faster attack animation.
You see? You have the coice: its just a matter of preference now.
On Dreamcast the Spread Needle is the number one, without any doubt. Even S-Rank Needles have higher ATP, the only advantage the S-Rank Shots have over the S-Rank Needles is the higher ATA (by 5 ATA) so the winner is S-Rank Needle.

Demonscale
Oct 29, 2003, 04:33 PM
They are pretty common for me I usually get one or 2 every so often. If I do like 3 ruins runs in a day I usually get one from greennil merlan

Mist
Oct 29, 2003, 05:46 PM
Thanks Primrose - Your assumption is not valid. I'm glad ST have done what they have. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

The hidden Srank intrigues me though - Does this mean people have seen hacks out there? An Ep2 Cmode unlockable?

darthsaber9x9
Oct 29, 2003, 08:35 PM
i think sounomi means that they are on the disc. However there is no official way to access them. I have heard of an ep2 c.mode beign released. I have never seen one of the unreleased s-ransk online so i assume that no-one has them yet

Olga-Rappy
Oct 30, 2003, 06:18 AM
On 2003-10-29 08:46, Primrose wrote:

Im assuming that you consider it a negative fact that Sonic Team weakened the Spread Needle.

That's what he said! And no, not all shots are better than the spread needle. They just have higher ATP.

Primrose
Oct 30, 2003, 06:47 AM
Olga-Rappy, do you ever read what i post?
I never said Shots are better than Spread Needles, i said this:

Now, if you want a weapon that hits multiple enemies, you have the choice between... lets say Baranz Launcher with the higher ATP but slower attack animation and the Spread Needle with the lower ATP and bad range, but faster attack animation.
You see? You have the choice: its just a matter of preference now.
On Dreamcast the Spread Needle is the number one, without any doubt. Even S-Rank Needles have higher ATP, the only advantage the S-Rank Shots have over the S-Rank Needles is the higher ATA (by 5 ATA) so the winner is S-Rank Needle.