PDA

View Full Version : card game pso

deathreaper
Oct 28, 2003, 08:28 PM
does anyone else think that they should of just keep the same playing style as the origanls insted of turning it into a card game...

do take this the wrong way any of you who think ep 3 is cool but i just hate the turn system and cards

Vetto
Oct 28, 2003, 09:17 PM
Yes And No

I think The Best idea would of made the Card game a Fun Extra onto the Game like something you can master after you get bored with killing all the monsters.

Mystil
Oct 29, 2003, 12:03 PM
Well, the standard PSO style that is in current use is getting on my nerves. It's why I wanted FFXI(now I don't). Turn based is excellant. And it's not going to be as bad as you think. If you ever played that card game in FF8, that gives you a good idea of how it's going to be. As far adding card values that is.

Malkavian
Oct 30, 2003, 01:03 PM
On 2003-10-28 18:17, Vetto wrote:
Yes And No

I think The Best idea would of made the Card game a Fun Extra onto the Game like something you can master after you get bored with killing all the monsters.

You defined what PSO Episode 3 is for me.

Vetto
Oct 30, 2003, 05:42 PM
That how i See it to Ill Still Play E1&2 but i want try and master E3..... but that if i get lucky enought to get in on X-box.

metermore
Nov 9, 2003, 05:37 PM
i dont like the idea of pressing the same button over and over again fro eight hours

so no besides i like how ST is adding stratagy to the game

A2K
Nov 9, 2003, 06:42 PM
It seems like a rather drastic change that should be more of an extra, but, you know, I'm keeping an open mind about it and all. From what I've seen and heard so far it's going to be great, despite that.

KaFKa
Nov 9, 2003, 06:55 PM
the card-based system is going to have SIMPLE strategy to say the least, and the whole idea of just going "i summon hildebear!!" is too much like yugioh and that whole thing. i hear a gravy train rolling in and sonicteam is getting ready to jump on board. but thats just my opinion. *smirks*

Skett
Nov 9, 2003, 08:51 PM
I dont think SonicTeam will take this concept any farther than this game. It will probibly be added to the next online Phantasy Star game as a side thing to do while in lobbies and the main game is killing like in Ep. 1&2. It would be rather hard to expand on this type of game, while with combat of earlier games would be expanded with smarter AI, better traps, and new moves (like jump attacking and roll dodges). I cant wait for Ep. 3 but I can seriously see how you would feel about cards and everything.

Yosh...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Skett on 2003-11-09 17:52 ]</font>