PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about DFP...

Validus
Oct 28, 2003, 11:24 PM
Does the stat really do anything? I have a Racaseal at lv. 125 with nearly 1000 HP and DFP and I still lose nearly half my HP to a Online Ult Gillchic (or whatever the name of the main enemy of the mines is).

TekkamanBlade
Oct 29, 2003, 02:37 AM
On 2003-10-28 20:24, Validus wrote:
Does the stat really do anything? I have a Racaseal at lv. 125 with nearly 1000 HP and DFP and I still lose nearly half my HP to a Online Ult Gillchic (or whatever the name of the main enemy of the mines is).

Yeah they do alot when they are high. I think u need more HP cause HP is more helpful than DFP. Its probly those lasers that are hurting you the most. Those are based on HP so more HP u have the less those lasers will hurt. Just try to round up the gillchics close together and use a confuse trap its really handy!

Olga-Rappy
Oct 29, 2003, 07:01 AM
DFP is subtracted from the ATP to determine base damage.

Multiply by .5 for a normal attack, .25 for an Extra, and 1 for a heavy.

And then, if your luck is high enough, that's a critical, so multiply end dmage by 2.

PatserGOUKI
Oct 29, 2003, 07:26 AM
If your DFP is near 1000, your HP is near 1000, you should try to cast jellen and zalure on them!
That will help. Also to put an item like perfect resist in your slots, of your frame, also helps!

The last but not least, luck also helps, if this is near 100...

PatserGOUKI

kidterru
Oct 29, 2003, 09:05 AM
I dont think racaseals can cast jellen or zalure, unless they have sranks that can do that.

Validus
Oct 29, 2003, 10:58 AM
no they cant. But I posted this to make sure my Racaseal was worth the trouble of using since DFP seems to do nothing and she has pitiful ATP (both current and max) and since I'm offline only, I cant get/use weapons that use jellen/zalure or shifta/deband

Mystil
Oct 29, 2003, 12:18 PM
Deband doesn't give a high enough boost, like Shifta does for some stupid reason. My Hunewearl is 149 with 440 base DFP. I had to downgrade this I don't know how many times. And without my stuff on, my DFP is 406. I ate too many def mats. DFP will indeed reduce damage done from PHYSICAL attacks(from the hands of enemies), but there is one major disadvantage about DFP.

You become a human/robotic wall. =/ It's wise not to fight 5 Sinows with 400+ DFP with no gun or mech...TRUST ME. You just stand there, getting beat to death literally.

It's best to have atleast 300 more EVP than DFP. So that EVP can be triggered by Deband or Jellen. For an offline player like yourself, uhm..that's a tough one. Unless you have the Twins.

Btw, base DFP don't matter, it's the Defense score that does.

Edit: You use a RAcaseal I see..so you're cursed with that ridiculous high DFP. Ouch.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Silhouette on 2003-10-29 09:21 ]</font>