PDA

View Full Version : Is it me or are the Musashi Swords hard to use?

Break
Oct 29, 2003, 12:41 PM
Is it me or are the Musashi,yamato,Asuka Swords hard to use?

Theyre kinda slow and their Range is limited, Sort of.

SubstanceD
Oct 29, 2003, 12:49 PM
My Hucaseal kicks ass with Double Swords. Currently her best weapon is a Double Sword ( a Yamato, sadly I can't find anything better ). I do agree that they can be challenging to use because of them being slow and having poor range but with a God Battle ( I traded for one ) they become alot more usefull.

I think that the Double sword animation on male Hunters differs from the the animation of a Hunewearl and a Hucaseal so if you are using a Humar or a Hucast then things may be more difficultfor you.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SubstanceD on 2003-10-29 09:54 ]</font>

Break
Oct 29, 2003, 12:54 PM
I see,

I wonder how they look on a Hucaseal.

Im using a Hucast, Hmm God Battle Could help Imensly.

THANKS http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Another Question, But you guys can keep talking about Double swords too, K?

Ok, is CHAIN SAWD Good?

SpyroDi
Oct 29, 2003, 01:38 PM
The Chain Sawd is a pretty good weapon,however it decreases your EVP by 15. It DOES steal alot of health though,which is invaluable to Androids.

But,like all different classes of weapons,you have to get good with it first for it to be a good weapon. Kind of like the debate of Claws vs Sabers. You just have to be good at it to be useful.

Break
Oct 29, 2003, 01:52 PM
also the Double sabers I guess.

Mystil
Oct 29, 2003, 02:00 PM
Devil/battle and above are best equipped when you wanna use Double Sword series weapons.

Jack
Oct 29, 2003, 04:08 PM
The Twin Swords are really quite good once you get a Battle unit equipped. The male animation for them is best used as Normal - Strong - Normal. Just before the enemy hits again after the Normal hit, it's pushed away with the Strong hit, and the Normal hit can often be the killing blow.

Alteisen
Oct 29, 2003, 04:13 PM
IMO, the females have a better Twin Sword animation than the males, in that they actually move FORWARD. Less flashy, too.

If I remember right, the male animation goes something like this:

Hit 1: Male flails left sword out once while leaning forward. Left sword is pointed in the air.
Hit 2: Male steps forward once and swings right sword up, then twists his wrist and brings it downward.
Hit 3: Male spins 360 degrees while stepping forward, and strikes twice: Once at 180 degrees with the left sword, then again as the spin finishes, while swinging both swords in an outward arc.

As for females, it's more like this:

Hit 1: Female steps forward and swings right sword down at a diagonal left arc.
Hit 2: Female steps forward again and swings both swords down at a diagonal right arc, with the right sword striking first.
Hit 3: Female steps forward and swings left sword horizontally at an arc, then stabs with the right sword.

I personally think that the females have a more practical Twin Sword animation, due to the distance they can cover. Whereas with a male, it seems you'd have to practically kiss the enemy to strike. The range of that sword, however, might prove a little otherwise.

5KY
Oct 29, 2003, 04:33 PM
On 2003-10-29 10:38, SpyroDi wrote:
The Chain Sawd is a pretty good weapon,however it decreases your EVP by 15. It DOES steal alot of health though,which is invaluable to Androids.

You mean it doesn't steal hp from machine type enemies or its special wont regain hp for HUcast and HUcaseal? cuz when i use my HUcast w/ Chain Sawd, the special doest work.

Break
Oct 29, 2003, 04:52 PM
WHAT!? CHAIN SAWD IS WORTHLESS FOR HUCASTS???

PABLOparavida
Oct 29, 2003, 05:21 PM
On 2003-10-29 13:52, Break wrote:
WHAT!? CHAIN SAWD IS WORTHLESS FOR HUCASTS???

you use one don't you.

Stalfos333
Oct 29, 2003, 05:56 PM
Just to fill people in, invaluable means valuable. Just like inflammable means flammable, and pitted...ok, so pitted can mean with pits or without.

You just need higher Dex, if it isn't hitting. It hits at slightly lower accuracy than a hard attack, so just pump up the dex to slaughter.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Stalfos333 on 2003-10-29 14:57 ]</font>

s.TiNgEr
Oct 29, 2003, 06:09 PM
get a devil/battle or god/battle. Double swords are slow, but double swords prove to be very effective. Stick to them

cutopia
Oct 29, 2003, 06:37 PM
Ya, my HUnewearl does well with her asuka.

However, I don't like the animation when I use my demolition comet. I don't like the whole moving forward thing because it tends to set me up to be smacked by the very enemy I'm trying to smack.

K4t4n4
Oct 29, 2003, 10:34 PM
just start your combo farther away from the enemy in question. that way if you are using weak-weak-hard combos the enemy will not be able to react (cuz hes getting hit) and the final attack will push him away, stopping you from running into him. when I was using a Sange & Yasha thats what I did, and it works just fine.