PDA

View Full Version : Cheating and Cheaters

EmperorAnt
Oct 29, 2003, 01:35 PM
Come on now people. I bet that almost veryone that bad mouths a cheater has at least one dupped/hacked item. I'm not bad mouthing anyone legit or cheater. I know lots of legit and cheaters. They all cool and all my friends so don't hate!

BogusKun
Oct 29, 2003, 01:36 PM
I know what you mean but this opinion should've been stated in another topic. Now we have about 17 of these active. Other than that, I know what you mean.

jt
Oct 29, 2003, 03:53 PM
On 2003-10-29 10:35, EmperorAnt wrote:
Come on now people. I bet that almost veryone that bad mouths a cheater has at least one dupped/hacked item. I'm not bad mouthing anyone legit or cheater. I know lots of legit and cheaters. They all cool and all my friends so don't hate!

i will admit that i have had an al rappy, but i though it was a real item, this was back in late april, early may... i didnt know it was hacked, and when i did i got rid of it... as of now? i dont have any duped/hacked items...

AmyofDeneb4
Oct 30, 2003, 12:59 AM
I'm the one that you used to play with alot, until my subscription was stopped... anyway, reply if you remember... ^_^

AmyofDeneb4
Oct 30, 2003, 01:01 AM
Blah, my Last post didnt incluse my usual location, until i stopped playing... Deneb 4-4, oh I hope you rememebr me lol... ^_^

Superguppie
Oct 30, 2003, 04:06 AM
As stated in many other threads, it isn't the dupe that makes the asshole. But it is the asshole that is a pain...

Nohra
Oct 30, 2003, 11:51 AM
It just so happens that most dupe users are assholes. ^-^

Caecilius
Oct 30, 2003, 01:14 PM
On 2003-10-30 08:51, Nohra wrote:

I'm not considered to be an asshole by anyone, despite the fact that I'm a dupe user. I'm usually quite considerate of people's opinions, and listen to pleas or favours.

Of course you may be referring to the very point that the less considerate dupe users are assholes, this I will heartily agree with...

NKOTB
Oct 30, 2003, 02:20 PM
I bet that almost veryone that bad mouths a cheater has at least one dupped/hacked item. cheater.

I don't.

don't hate!

Don't be a dickhead and make accusations that are completely unfounded.

Superguppie
Oct 31, 2003, 03:25 AM

A. Not the dupers/dupe users that I know
B. You should see the number of legits that are just as much assholes

EmperorAnt
Nov 1, 2003, 06:56 PM
It seems I make accusations. I didn't make an accusation! I simply stated a fact that most people have duped items! I know people that are clean so I meant no offense and I'm certainly not a dickhead. Thanks. Hey! Its Amy! I'm replying! Where r u!? Me and Megami miss ya!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: EmperorAnt on 2003-11-01 15:59 ]</font>

ADE
Nov 6, 2003, 02:54 AM
The only time a legit player would have a duped item is when a worthless duper LIES and cheats him out of a legit item with a dupe.

If the legit player is truly legit and he finds out it's a dupe, he will throw it away.

Stop trying to taint legit players and get a life.

EvilNixon666
Nov 6, 2003, 04:29 AM
It's just a video game. Some of you people take this stuff way too seriously. Go outside and take a walk.

Superguppie
Nov 6, 2003, 05:48 AM
On 2003-11-06 01:29, EvilNixon666 wrote:
It's just a video game. Some of you people take this stuff way too seriously. Go outside and take a walk.

I take having fun very seriously. That's why I care about having the fun in a way that suits me. What I hate is that fun being ruined. I am forgiving to ppl that do it by accident and show remorse. But for ppl that do it intentionaly, and laugh at me and others who's fun has been ruined I have no mercy.
Although, usualy when my fun gets ruined the only thing I want is get it back. So instead of making a lot of fuss, I leave and go have fun elsewhere...

I also experience walking and running in the open air as fun. So I do that too...

jt
Nov 6, 2003, 07:45 AM
On 2003-10-31 00:25, Superguppie wrote:

A. Not the dupers/dupe users that I know
B. You should see the number of legits that are just as much assholes

legit "assholes" aren't as bad as cheaters, cause legits can only verbally harass you, and you can get away from it. Cheaters on the other hand, can ruin your whole gaming experience. You might not even try to, but u have already (believe it or not). So, dont try and make it seem like the legit people who tell you your a nOOb (most of you are) and that u shouldnt be in this game, or get mad at you that they are worse than the cheaters who love to hog exp, take red boxes, scream at you like a legit would at a cheater( telling you your weak, and other verbal insults).

ALOT of you cheaters should be legit for once, then you would know why we are so mad. I can find a Caduceus and its worth nothing, absolutely nothing, why? Because you cheaters have duped/hacked everything up so that item value is crap. O and give me one reason why legits SHOULDN'T BE MAD AT CHEATERS? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_sheep.gif <--- sexy not sexy ---> http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_hamlet.gif

tank1
Nov 6, 2003, 07:58 AM
the dupers who hog exp kill everything and always bitch about not having some rares are just a bunch of pricks but there are some ok ones out there wholl ill play alongside them.

Superguppie
Nov 6, 2003, 09:43 AM
On 2003-11-06 04:45, jt wrote:
[legit "assholes" aren't as bad as cheaters, cause legits can only verbally harass you, and you can get away from it. Cheaters on the other hand, can ruin your whole gaming experience. You might not even try to, but u have already (believe it or not). So, dont try and make it seem like the legit people who tell you your a nOOb (most of you are) and that u shouldnt be in this game, or get mad at you that they are worse than the cheaters who love to hog exp, take red boxes, scream at you like a legit would at a cheater( telling you your weak, and other verbal insults).

ALOT of you cheaters should be legit for once, then you would know why we are so mad. I can find a Caduceus and its worth nothing, absolutely nothing, why? Because you cheaters have duped/hacked everything up so that item value is crap. O and give me one reason why legits SHOULDN'T BE MAD AT CHEATERS? http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_sheep.gif <--- sexy not sexy ---> http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_hamlet.gif

Ironic that you reply to me and start talking to me like I'm a cheater. I consider myself legit and wholeheartedly agree with that last remark about devaluation of items. However, I am not the kinda guy to let cheating ruin my game.
I try finding legit stuff (both in team and in trade) and as long as a cheater behaves, I accept him/her. I won't call a cheater names, not even in case of misbehavior. If my game is ruined, I leave and try making a better one...

The argument that a legit asshole isn't as bad has my sympathy, as the effects of their assholishness are less extensive. However, to me an asshole is an asshole, and I don't really like to give assholes the attention needed to make a diffentiation...

jt
Nov 6, 2003, 03:45 PM
On 2003-11-06 06:43, Superguppie wrote:

On 2003-11-06 04:45, jt wrote:
[legit "assholes" aren't as bad as cheaters, cause legits can only verbally harass you, and you can get away from it. Cheaters on the other hand, can ruin your whole gaming experience. You might not even try to, but u have already (believe it or not). So, dont try and make it seem like the legit people who tell you your a nOOb (most of you are) and that u shouldnt be in this game, or get mad at you that they are worse than the cheaters who love to hog exp, take red boxes, scream at you like a legit would at a cheater( telling you your weak, and other verbal insults).

Ironic that you reply to me and start talking to me like I'm a cheater. I consider myself legit and wholeheartedly agree with that last remark about devaluation of items. However, I am not the kinda guy to let cheating ruin my game.
I try finding legit stuff (both in team and in trade) and as long as a cheater behaves, I accept him/her. I won't call a cheater names, not even in case of misbehavior. If my game is ruined, I leave and try making a better one...

The argument that a legit asshole isn't as bad has my sympathy, as the effects of their assholishness are less extensive. However, to me an asshole is an asshole, and I don't really like to give assholes the attention needed to make a diffentiation...

i wasnt really talkin to you, i was talkin to cheaters, if you were a cheater then it applied to you

Kurosawa
Nov 6, 2003, 06:49 PM
I tolerate people who cheat if they're nice. What they do dissapoints me, but I blame ST for not enforcing the rules and not bug-testing their game much more than I blame chaters. I can't handle max-stat people or multi-equip though. That's just way beyond using the duped BKB that every HUmar on Vega has.

Superguppie
Nov 7, 2003, 06:28 AM
On 2003-11-06 15:49, Kurosawa wrote:
...but I blame ST for not enforcing the rules and not bug-testing their game much more than I blame chaters.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to test software to be idiot-proof, or (of all things) hacker-proof?
I can tell by experience, the idiot-proofing of software is extremely hard. Making it hacker-proof is impossible. So it's hard to blame ST for that.
I also can't blame hackers. Hacking is a way of enjoying software. If used without hurting others, it's no problem at all.

Now, before I get ppl flaming me because they think I am putting idiots and hackers in the same line, let me clarify the use of these terms.
An idiot is someone that unintentionaly does something with the software that was not intended by the programmers.
A hacker is someone that intentionaly does something with the software that was not intended by the programmers.
The idiot is trying to use the software in the intended way and fails.
The hacker is trying to use the software in the unintended way, and actively looks for it.
In fact the term hacker is derived from the laborious process of finding unintented ways, rather than using the knowledge that results from it. So, strictly speaking, the ppl that use the hacks (for instance to create an item) are not hackers, but hack users, just like there are dupers and dupe users.
An idiot hacker would be someone intentionaly trying to use the software in a way that was not intended by the programmers, and fail...